3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
For Sale: Caparison Tat2
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 7 2008, 02:26 PM
GMC:er
Item : Caparison TAT2
Seller : Paul Butcher
Asking Price : Will Take Sensible Offers (Cost me £1750 ($3500) buying in the UK) and shipping to be decided depending on where you live. I will ship anywhere in the world but it may cost a lot to send to America with insurance.

Pictures found of my specific Caparison TAT2 here MINUS pattern chip (I will upload a picture of defect tonight): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...son_TAT2_Review

Description:

This is an 11 month old Caparison TAT2 in great condition but with a small chip on the lower front of the body. Comes with the original Caparison Case and whammy bar. I am selling it because I bought it and loved it to bits and possibly loved it too much that when a small bit was accidentally chipped off it I couldn't look at the guitar again. It is the single greatest guitar I've ever played and looks incredibly beautiful. It is a piece of engineering and artistic brilliance. It isn't just a guitar but a perfectly designed and crafted object. It's beautiful to play on and has screaming pick ups of the highest quality. I can thoroughly recommend this guitar to anyone. There is NOTHING wrong with the guitar apart from the small aesthetic problem of the chipped paintwork. I'm willing to sell for a fair bit under what I paid as I want somebody to take this guitar off me that will love it like I did. I want it to go to a good home. smile.gif

I really need the money and I can't look at it at it's my baby. I love it beyond belief. It comes with following specs:

TAT II - Frozen Sky
Specifications

Neck Joint: Neck Through Body

HEAD
Head Stock: Devil's Tail with "Through And Through" Logo/White Binding
Head Angle: 15 degrees
Machine Heads: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P
NECK
Neck Material: Hard Maple
Neck Grip: Caparison
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Neck Scale: 648mm (25 1/2 inch.)
Nut Width: 42mm
No. of Frets: 24 Frets
Frets: Jumbo
Nut: Schaller R2, 42mm
Position Inlay: Clock
BODY
Body Shape: TAT
Body Material: Alder
Bridge: Schaller S-FRT II
ELECTRONICS
PICKUP
Neck Position: Caparison PH-F
Bridge Position: Caparison PH-R
Controls: Master Volume(CTS), 3Way Toggle Switch, Master Tone with Neck Pickup and Bridge Pickup Coil Split Switch(Push-Push Switch)
FINISH
Head Top: Black
Body Finish: Frozen Sky, Crimson
Hardware Color: Schaller-Black, Gotoh-Cosmo Black
Tuning
Regular

OTHERS
Strings: Dean Markley NickelSteel (.009-.042)
Accessories: Hard Case(CAG-1), Adjustable Wrench

The guitar perfectly stays in tune with a great whammy system and has cool Clock Face fret markers with the clock times at fret 1 set at 1 o'clock and fret 7 set at 7 o'clock. It's such a cool fret inlay.

I guarantee whoever buys this guitar that they will love it forever.

Condition:

Perfect apart from small aesthetic defect on front (chipped paintwork)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 8 2008, 12:43 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
ok, I`ve approved the ad OC, but if you can upload a pic of the paint chip asap please smile.gif

beautiful guitar mate, I wish I could take it off your hands for you

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 8 2008, 12:55 AM
oh my god man...! that is amazing! maybe in a year or so id have that kind of money, but...wow!
Edit: but seriously, next year if i save enough from my job, if you still have it, ill buy it!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Oct 8 2008, 01:01 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 01:01 AM
I'm not gonna say how much exactly I'm looking for but I'm willing to sell for a lot less than I paid for it. I need the money for other things smile.gif

I will post the picture of the small damage tomorrow when I get chance to take a photo.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 10:17 AM
I will sell for 1000 plus delivery. The closer you are to me the more of a deal you are getting. You wont find one cheaper in europe and definitely in uk. If i dont get any offers in 2 weeks its on ebay.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 8 2008, 12:42 PM
1000 dollars US?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 12:44 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Oct 8 2008, 12:42 PM) *
1000 dollars US?

No lol. £1000 (UK Pounds) sorry. I think I'd have to shoot myself if I sold it for $1000. biggrin.gif It's $2000 and I'm not sure if you can find it cheaper than that in USA. It costs $3500 if you buy in the UK.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 8 2008, 12:46 PM
No, thats a helluva deal.

If it was $1000 US you WOULD have to shoot yourself.

Man, that is a gorgeous guitar.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 8 2008, 01:10 PM
What other purchases is this funding? wink.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Oct 8 2008, 01:10 PM) *
What other purchases is this funding? wink.gif

haha. The number one priority for me is to pay off a little debt I have and to learn to drive with this money I'm afraid. I will be buying another Caparison in the future that is for sure but unfortunately when times must I have to get rid of my guitar that is worth the most. I'm still considering your guitar but I'm just not sure it is a wise decision for me yet.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 8 2008, 05:32 PM
Dude how bad is your OCD that you need to sell a perfect guitar because of a chip in it? (I heard someplace that LPs never chip wink.gif)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Oct 8 2008, 05:32 PM) *
Dude how bad is your OCD that you need to sell a perfect guitar because of a chip in it? (I heard someplace that LPs never chip wink.gif)

I am quite obsessed with perfection lol. Imperfection i cant deal with and very funny with the lp comment biggrin.gif although it wont make me buy one tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Mark.
Oct 8 2008, 05:52 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 8 2008, 06:42 PM) *
I am quite obsessed with perfection lol. Imperfection i cant deal with

Oow now I know why your forum name is OrganisedConfusion laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'd loved to have a Caparison guitar they look so freaking awsome ohmy.gif Maby I'll buy one in a couple of years once I make some more money tongue.gif
But for now I can only offer 40 euro's on it, pleaaaase wub.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 8 2008, 06:21 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Oct 8 2008, 12:32 PM) *

About as bad as mine, apparently tongue.gif . My Jackson just got a chip on the crimson swirl paint job. its bugging the HECK out of me!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 8 2008, 06:23 PM
Am I the only one here that doesn't mind a dinged up guitar? I think they look cool as hell after they've been 'played'. Though I think fake relicing looks SO LAME.
Look at Stevies #1 - Coolest looking guitar I've ever come across.

The dings showed you played her and you love her regardless to what she looks like =)

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Oct 8 2008, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 8 2008, 06:27 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Oct 8 2008, 01:23 PM) *
Am I the only one here that doesn't mind a dinged up guitar? I think they look cool as hell after they've been 'played'. Though I think fake relicing looks SO LAME.
Look at Stevies #1 - Coolest looking guitar I've ever come across.

The dings showed you played her and you love her regardless to what she looks like =)

i know your right, but it still bugs me. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 8 2008, 06:30 PM
You can find them on ebay for 1600 at times.

But, still sad to see you let it go.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 8 2008, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Man is it a solid color guitar, if it is black or white, fixing it might be easy.

Sorry, didn't see the description, take a picture of it, I'd like to see the chip, I fix my guitars all the time, I don't like letting them go. If you love it that much maybe it is worth to give it a try

This post has been edited by Jose Mena: Oct 8 2008, 06:49 PM

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 8 2008, 07:08 PM
Here are the pictures. Damage up close on the first one. And know you can't have the super cool shirt included or my exceptional beard tongue.gif biggrin.gif Apart from that damage every other aspect is 100% perfect smile.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 8 2008, 07:16 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 8 2008, 07:46 PM
Instructor
Oh my that is going to be hard to match, it would be easier if it was a solid color, but it could be changed, what I would do is sand fix it with black, and do a sunburst to black to hide it, it isn't easy if you haven't done it, but a luthier would be able to do it. And make it look natural

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:20 PM