Guitar Amp Sim?
Drunkenmaster
Jun 9 2006, 02:07 PM
GMC:er
Which guitar amp sim (or sims) are you using Kris? Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
-DM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2006, 02:37 PM
GMC Founder
Wellcome to the forum Drunkenmaster! biggrin.gif

pod 2.0 most of the times.

/kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Drunkenmaster
Jun 9 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm using Amplitube Live, and the sound is ok, but I wanted to know what you were using. Thanks, and thanks for the great tutorials.

--------------------
-DM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 10 2006, 12:38 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Drunkenmaster)
I'm using Amplitube Live, and the sound is ok, but I wanted to know what you were using. Thanks, and thanks for the great tutorials.

No prob - and amplitude is great! /K

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jun 20 2006, 06:35 PM
I use a little program which i have my jack lead go into called guitarFX, uve probabbly heared of it, its not bad...only thing is you cant record with distortion etc :/

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2006, 08:20 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (lezenko)
I use a little program which i have my jack lead go into called guitarFX, uve probabbly heared of it, its not bad...only thing is you cant record with distortion etc :/

Is it freeware?

+Quote Post
rhys
Jun 21 2006, 12:45 PM
POD 2 is turning out to be pretty good. To be honest, I've only generally been happy with the Soldano simulated sounds (Hi-gain) or rectified. I also noticed that if you're playing through an amp be sure to turn off any cabinet simulations as it just completely stops your tone from cutting through, with my set up anyway.

Hey Kris, do you use the Line 6 edit to edit your POD 2 settings? If so, and if there was enough people here using POD, maybe we could make a little catelogue of our own POD files, what are they called, the patches, sample files, or whatever. Generally I edit all my settings through Line 6 Edit via a midi-device because it makes it much easier to get exactly what you want, plus you can save all your POD sounds on your computer and make as many as you want, transfer them over to and from the POD when and where you like.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2006, 01:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (rhys)
POD 2 is turning out to be pretty good. To be honest, I've only generally been happy with the Soldano simulated sounds (Hi-gain) or rectified. I also noticed that if you're playing through an amp be sure to turn off any cabinet simulations as it just completely stops your tone from cutting through, with my set up anyway.

Hey Kris, do you use the Line 6 edit to edit your POD 2 settings? If so, and if there was enough people here using POD, maybe we could make a little catelogue of our own POD files, what are they called, the patches, sample files, or whatever. Generally I edit all my settings through Line 6 Edit via a midi-device because it makes it much easier to get exactly what you want, plus you can save all your POD sounds on your computer and make as many as you want, transfer them over to and from the POD when and where you like.

Make sure to switch the AIR mode to "amp" (upper left corner) - then you shouldn't need to turn the cabinets simulations off.

Not a bad idea with catalogue, only I am not using the line6 edit. For best sound I actually will use my amp and the Red Box.

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jun 21 2006, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
QUOTE (lezenko)

Is it freeware?

Yeah its freeware, i just got this tiny little program called GuitarFX Box though, its awesome, you can record with all the FX on, and its good for me because i dont have an Amp sim yet.... has things like reverb, Chorus/Flanger, Distortion/Overdrive, Wah and alot of other neat things too, i can post some screenies if need be smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2006, 07:55 PM
GMC Founder
Post a direct link if you have one - other people will surely want to download it if it's freeware! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jun 21 2006, 09:10 PM
http://guitarfx.net/

I reccomend a jack plugin from your lead into the microphone, you can get them real cheap, i paid 5 GBP for mine until i get my new guitar and POD2 in two weeks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:58 AM