4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Metallica Vs. Iron Maiden, songs sounds same
St.DAnger
Jul 29 2007, 01:19 AM
GMC:er
Well, say everything you want....you won't angry me tongue.gif , for me metallica is the best band ever....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 29 2007, 01:20 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 28 2007, 05:55 PM) *
metallica is such a unskilled band for dumb jocks who know NOTHING about music. metallica couldent come up with an original riff to save thier life. they just rip off older, estabalished musical genres to create totally generic "metal" and whine about how "angry" and "hard" they are.

They make generic metal? Metallica was one of the bands that CREATED metal, I mean sure there was like, King Crimson, Lizzy, zeppelin, sabbath and others before them but a large amount of metal bands today owe a lot to metallica, AND to maiden. Really though I don't get why people love to compare about stuff like this, I would concede that maiden is the more talented group, but I prefer hetfields vocals. I think metallica has made some amazing solos. Metallicas riffs are amazing, and they're a great band. But I suppose I'm just a dumb jock who doesn't know anything about my 85 gigs of music rolleyes.gif

Both bands are incredible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
St.DAnger
Jul 29 2007, 01:24 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 29 2007, 02:20 AM) *
They make generic metal? Metallica was one of the bands that CREATED metal, I mean sure there was like, King Crimson, Lizzy, zeppelin, sabbath and others before them but a large amount of metal bands today owe a lot to metallica, AND to maiden. Really though I don't get why people love to compare about stuff like this, I would concede that maiden is the more talented group, but I prefer hetfields vocals. I think metallica has made some amazing solos. Metallicas riffs are amazing, and they're a great band. But I suppose I'm just a dumb jock who doesn't know anything about my 85 gigs of music rolleyes.gif

Both bands are incredible.

Absolute agree man....

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 29 2007, 02:10 AM
OOOOH, I knew that this debate might rear its ugly head someday, Maiden VS the Tallica boys... hmm. I'd definately go for Metallica, or Maiden... I DON'T KNOW tongue.gif. Both of them defined metal as we know it today, and still they are miles appart. Whereas Metallica is just straightforward trash-metal (their origins lay there), Maiden is often concidered more British Metal.

Well, in my opinion both bands are epic, no less. When it comes to personal liking, Metallica wins by default... What their music does to me is fenominal, and they have inspired me to play guitar... better. Maiden has some extraordinairy songs for sure, and I'd see them live anytime, anywhere, but still they can't touch the 'magic' that is Metallica. Maybe its because their band has shifted players so much, or maybe just because, well I don't know tongue.gif.

Metallica wins, Maiden a close second. After that, a huge gap haha.

This post has been edited by Mer-V: Jul 29 2007, 02:10 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 29 2007, 02:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Lets leave it at this, and i think this is 100% true.

Both Metallica and Iron Maiden are Bands
Both Play Metal
Both Make Music that people really enjoy.

So why argue over whos better?

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 29 2007, 09:08 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 28 2007, 08:12 PM) *
Lets leave it at this, and i think this is 100% true.

Both Metallica and Iron Maiden are Bands
Both Play Metal
Both Make Music that people really enjoy.

So why argue over whos better?

Yeah, their styles are way to different to be worth arguing over.

Metallica is my favorite though.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Jul 29 2007, 09:09 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 29 2007, 09:39 PM
Metallica, wait... no... i changed my mind.... Maiden! wait... AGH i love em both, depends on what mood im in biggrin.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2007, 02:32 PM
Instructor
For me both bands have been necesary for music and Metal. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 30 2007, 03:15 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 28 2007, 07:55 PM) *
metallica is such a unskilled band for dumb jocks who know NOTHING about music. metallica couldent come up with an original riff to save thier life. they just rip off older, estabalished musical genres to create totally generic "metal" and whine about how "angry" and "hard" they are.

WOW laugh.gif
i TOTALY disagree.I dont feel they ever riped of anyone.They made there own style and did it better than anyone else in the 80's .Nobody played this style in the 70's there was no one for them to rip off.There a very talented band or atleast there old stuff was.Also they have sold more albums and concert tockets in one month than Peter Frampton has or ever will his whole life.I think you just dont like heavy music.No disrespect to you just my opinion is totaly different and im sure many people feel the same way and some may agree with you as well. smile.gif

QUOTE (St.DAnger @ Jul 28 2007, 08:19 PM) *
Well, say everything you want....you won't angry me tongue.gif , for me metallica is the best band ever....

If were going 100% by fact maybe there not, but really close.As far as what i like they are the best band ever!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 30 2007, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 30 2007, 10:15 AM) *
Also they have sold more albums and concert tockets in one month than Peter Frampton has or ever will his whole life.

Your ignorance is showing. sleep.gif
However, if you can respect my opinion then ill respect yours.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jul 30 2007, 03:28 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 30 2007, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 30 2007, 10:25 AM) *
Your ignorance is showing. sleep.gif
However, if you can respect my opinion then ill respect yours.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I feel the same about your post.That is a funny comment about ignorance showing.But i do respect your opinion thats what is nice about some of the people on here.We can agree to disagree smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 30 2007, 03:56 PM
Am I alone in disliking both bands? sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 30 2007, 05:04 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Apparently So, But hey, that makes you unique!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 30 2007, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 30 2007, 10:56 AM) *
Am I alone in disliking both bands? sad.gif

YES smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 30 2007, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 30 2007, 08:15 AM) *
WOW laugh.gif
i TOTALY disagree.I dont feel they ever riped of anyone.They made there own style and did it better than anyone else in the 80's .Nobody played this style in the 70's there was no one for them to rip off.There a very talented band or atleast there old stuff was.Also they have sold more albums and concert tockets in one month than Peter Frampton has or ever will his whole life.I think you just dont like heavy music.No disrespect to you just my opinion is totaly different and im sure many people feel the same way and some may agree with you as well. smile.gif

I TOTALY agree with you, tongue.gif , there wasnt anything to rip off back then, they came up with the style. Well said shredmandan.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 30 2007, 10:33 PM
I apologize for my Metallica bashing. i REALLY like thier first four albums (plus the black album) it was wrong of me to say and if i insulted anyone in any way i am very sorry.

Thanks
Colin

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
St.DAnger
Jul 30 2007, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 30 2007, 11:33 PM) *
I apologize for my Metallica bashing. i REALLY like thier first four albums (plus the black album) it was wrong of me to say and if i insulted anyone in any way i am very sorry.

Thanks
Colin

now i know you're good man(and fan of metallica) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 30 2007, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 30 2007, 04:33 PM) *

Thanks
Colin

Lol, You should have said that in the first place biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 30 2007, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jul 30 2007, 05:33 PM) *

Thanks
Colin

It's cool dude,im glad you expressed your opinion,even though i didnt feel calling me stupid was nice laugh.gif laugh.gif .I understand though i dissed a person your really into (Frampton) which he is talented and i have respect for him as well.One thing to understand though Metallica has a Army for a fan base laugh.gif really .People feel like when you say something bad abou tMetallica that you are saying it directly to them laugh.gif Thats just how much they have accomplished as a group.Also i stated that they were a very talented band or atleast there old stuff was. i feel they will always be a talented band i just didnt care for the last couple of albums as much as the other's.It's like a Marine once a true metallica fan always a metallica fan.They have made so many people including myself pick up a guitar because of how much we love there music.I dont think you can find a bigger group of fans for a band than Metallica.Just make sure not to call people stupid just because they have a different opinion.I did only get past high school but i'm smart in alot of other things than math ,english, and science laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm cool with you though as long as you are with me biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 31 2007, 12:35 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 30 2007, 04:42 PM) *
It's cool dude,im glad you expressed your opinion,even though i didnt feel calling me stupid was nice laugh.gif laugh.gif .I understand though i dissed a person your really into (Frampton) which he is talented and i have respect for him as well.One thing to understand though Metallica has a Army for a fan base laugh.gif really .People feel like when you say something bad abou tMetallica that you are saying it directly to them laugh.gif Thats just how much they have accomplished as a group.Also i stated that they were a very talented band or atleast there old stuff was. i feel they will always be a talented band i just didnt care for the last couple of albums as much as the other's.It's like a Marine once a true metallica fan always a metallica fan.They have made so many people including myself pick up a guitar because of how much we love there music.I dont think you can find a bigger group of fans for a band than Metallica.Just make sure not to call people stupid just because they have a different opinion.I did only get past high school but i'm smart in alot of other things than math ,english, and science laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm cool with you though as long as you are with me biggrin.gif

very well said dude, specially the Army part. Metallica has done so much, that like shredmandan said, saying something about them is like insulting a fan in his face. Its good each one stated their opinions and thats how it should be. Also its good that both opinions weren't made to harm or offend each other.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:25 AM