Backing Track Matching
Phil66
Nov 2 2015, 09:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone, I am currently starting on THIS lesson. I made an MP3 of the video and have that in Reaper. I've downloaded the backing track but it is only half length. If I extend the track it has the count in again. I have copy and pasted it and tried to attach it to the end but it's hard to match exactly with the track from the video because the solo starts so I can't see the sound wave of the rhythm to match it with. I put the count in beat visually at the start of the last bar but it still sounds ever so slightly out on the rhythm playing.
Is there a quick way to do this?

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2015, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, again as I use Cubase maybe my help will not be precise. What I do in this cases is to cut the file starting at the first "music" beat and ending before the ending measure and then loop it. Once I have it cut and well tabbed with the grill (measures) I use "control + d" short cut to duplicate the take.

Try it and let me know if it works.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 3 2015, 06:19 PM
GMC:er
I downloaded the 80 bpm version, set the metronome on reaper and seems to fit fine.

There is something called "snap" on the upper menu, one of the pictured buttons of a magnet looking to the left side can you check if its enabled?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 3 2015, 09:30 PM
The 80 bpm file is fine BUT it isn't full length. I've put down my Reaper setting below. What is track 3 in that picture I would normally put at the end of track 2 (without the count in) and cross fade but I've left it like that to show you the positioning. I've also put a wav file underneath he pic. Maybe it's some confusion in my ears but the second backing track sounds slightly ahead of track 1. I've panned tracked one hard left and tracks 2&3 hard right.

Attached File  Blues_A_Minor.wav ( 20.06MB ) Number of downloads: 87

Thanks for your help gentlemen smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 3 2015, 10:06 PM
I couldn't figure out what happened but to my guess when combining the waves something went wrong as there are visual changes on the glued second part.

You did everything correct from your explanation but again I'm not sure what happened when combining the 2 tracks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 3 2015, 11:06 PM
The wav file was straight out of Reaper as you see it there. Does the second part sound slightly ahead to you?

Thank you for all of your help lately Mertay smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 3 2015, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 3 2015, 10:06 PM) *
The wav file was straight out of Reaper as you see it there. Does the second part sound slightly ahead to you?

Thank you for all of your help lately Mertay smile.gif

I didn't listen, just checked the wave images on my DAW.

Few days ago I grabbed a backing track from youtube, it was downloaded as mp3. When I converted it to wave I noticed the bpm went from 100 to 99 smile.gif I probably downloaded it that way but if not speed, the frequency spectrum or something else always get affected by file type conversion.

I'd guess in your case probably not the time (because it would slide away from the bpm more and more depending on track length) but some freq. balance change happened so something not obvious may have become too upfront and messed with the tightness of the track. No problem smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 3 2015, 11:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2015, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Thanks Mertay for helping on these Repear related threads! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 4 2015, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2015, 01:17 PM) *
Thanks Mertay for helping on these Repear related threads! smile.gif

Eh just trying to do my best smile.gif

After a few DAW's over the years and finally samplitude although I feel I have to read the manual someday of Reaper I just can't ind the energy to learn another DAW in detail smile.gif

I always did keep a demo copy of it though, was first for file type conversion but today the tuner and movie features is cool and worth keeping in the computer when needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:45 PM