Deep Blue, New Raw Demo, Progressive Space Metal, I'd call it
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 1 2016, 09:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
BOOYAKASHA! New song!

I think I've found my style and genre with this sort of space-ish progressive metal. Really enjoying both recording and writing in this style.

You can also hear the track and my other Lunar Eclipse track on my bandcamp:

https://benjamin-storm.bandcamp.com/

Let me know what you think. It's still not mixed or anything though, so very raw, and some parts I might re-record, but I still wanted to share it with you guys.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2016, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
Let me be the first to congratulate you a killer track. Keep it up and I'd say put together an E.P. if possible with four or five songs. That way your change and growth as a player can be tracked.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 12:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Todd! I'm hoping I can write another few songs, call it an EP and then write another 5 more songs or so and call it an album. That would be a dream come true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 2 2016, 02:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Love this song, huge congrats!!! You always had good melodic ideas and definitely this style suits you perfectly wink.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 02:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 2 2016, 02:44 PM) *
Love this song, huge congrats!!! You always had good melodic ideas and definitely this style suits you perfectly wink.gif

Thanks so much, Monica! Means a lot to me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 2 2016, 03:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yes, this is really good stuff indeed. excellent dude smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 03:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 2 2016, 03:00 PM) *
yes, this is really good stuff indeed. excellent dude smile.gif

The compliments keep ticking in! I'm almost getting high from this laugh.gif Thanks, Bleez! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 2 2016, 03:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 2 2016, 03:39 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Nice! Very cool ideas in the song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 03:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 2 2016, 03:39 PM) *
Nice! Very cool ideas in the song.

Thanks, DeGroot! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 2 2016, 05:07 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I like the vibe. Heavy but spacey, and great guitar playing!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 2 2016, 05:07 PM) *
I like the vibe. Heavy but spacey, and great guitar playing!

Thanks, Rammikin!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2016, 06:54 PM
Instructor
I'm so happy Ben! I now how much you've been working in the last time to develop your composing skills and to be able to complete your ideas successfully and this is a proof of your talent. Congrats and keep going!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 2 2016, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2016, 06:54 PM) *
I'm so happy Ben! I now how much you've been working in the last time to develop your composing skills and to be able to complete your ideas successfully and this is a proof of your talent. Congrats and keep going!!

Thanks, Gabriel smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Apr 3 2016, 06:16 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi mate !

Big congratulations for this wonderfull composition !! I listened to it through my headphones and this "raw" version allready sounds awesome. I love this style of music !!! GREAT JOB !!!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 3 2016, 10:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Apr 3 2016, 06:16 AM) *
Hi mate !

Big congratulations for this wonderfull composition !! I listened to it through my headphones and this "raw" version allready sounds awesome. I love this style of music !!! GREAT JOB !!!

Thanks a lot, nikeman!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 4 2016, 02:41 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice - I am digging the progressive style!

I would suggest working on some possible lead melodies now - maybe using a synth sound and then overdubbing with guitar to give it a more organic character. If you come up with a lead melody it will be easier to hand over the project to a singer (if that's what you want to do).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2016, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 4 2016, 02:41 PM) *
Very nice - I am digging the progressive style!

I would suggest working on some possible lead melodies now - maybe using a synth sound and then overdubbing with guitar to give it a more organic character. If you come up with a lead melody it will be easier to hand over the project to a singer (if that's what you want to do).

Awesome, Kris! Thanks a ton for listening smile.gif I'm strongly considering adding some vocals on this, but I struggle coming up with some Neptune-themed lyrics, whether that's about the planet itself or the roman God Neptune. I plan on making all my tracks about space stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 4 2016, 09:53 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2016, 03:27 PM) *
Awesome, Kris! Thanks a ton for listening smile.gif I'm strongly considering adding some vocals on this, but I struggle coming up with some Neptune-themed lyrics, whether that's about the planet itself or the roman God Neptune. I plan on making all my tracks about space stuff.

Ok sounds cool! But if you struggle with coming up lyrics about this theme - maybe it's not the right theme for you? I personally find it hard to push myself to get creative.

Perhaps there is another theme that's more relevant for you? Ideally you would try to find something you feel strongly about (positive or negative), and just let the vocals 'flow out'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2016, 10:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 4 2016, 09:53 PM) *
Ok sounds cool! But if you struggle with coming up lyrics about this theme - maybe it's not the right theme for you? I personally find it hard to push myself to get creative.

Perhaps there is another theme that's more relevant for you? Ideally you would try to find something you feel strongly about (positive or negative), and just let the vocals 'flow out'.

Well, I had this whole idea of writing something with the theme of planets/roman gods. But I'm not a very good writer of lyrics. smile.gif I'll give it some to and some thinking and see what I can come up with smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2016, 06:57 AM
GMC:er
I say go for it! Lyrics are like guitar, just takes practice smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2016, 04:56 PM) *
Well, I had this whole idea of writing something with the theme of planets/roman gods. But I'm not a very good writer of lyrics. smile.gif I'll give it some to and some thinking and see what I can come up with smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:19 AM