> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Leen94's Thread, for Gab's Army
Leen94
Sep 15 2016, 03:43 PM
GMC:er
Here's the video wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass.mp4 ( 56.58MB ) Number of downloads: 57

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2016, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen! That's looking really good!

I can see that you are getting more and more comfortable with those chords, and the changes! The next goals should be to make the chord transition smoother, and to improve your left hand rhythm.

While practising, I recommend that you practice at a slower tempo, in order to be able to play the whole thing with a smooth rhythm and avoid going fast when the chord is player and stop rhythm when you have to change the chord. Does it make sense? It's better to practice slower but keeping the tempo regular.

Regarding your left hand, I recommend you start giving some attention to it, and strum the string stronger, trying to make all strings of the chord sound clear. Your strumming tends to sound weak.

Ok Leen, I hope that my comments help to know where to put your focus on the next days of practice.

Keep on the good job!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Leen94
Sep 28 2016, 08:43 PM
Hi Gabriel,

Thank you!

Yes that makes sense to me, I will practice it at a slower tempo wink.gif

I was also wondering if you could help me to start learning about the theory of music/guitar playing?
I would really like to know more about that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2016, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen! Sure, I can guide you with that! What do you already know?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Oct 4 2016, 08:39 PM
Great biggrin.gif
To be honest I've never had any lesson, so I don't know much about it.
I know that you've got different chords from A to G and I know that the notes of the strings are called E,A,D,G,B,E.
But that's about it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2016, 08:46 PM
Instructor
Ok! At first, please read this post and share here what you get from it. Make an abstract here with what you understand, the most important concepts:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3860

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Nov 15 2016, 09:15 PM

Hi Gabriel,

It has been way too long since I replied or posted something, sorry sad.gif
Just finished my preMaster so the last couple of weeks were quite busy at the university.
I will post a video in 2 weeks, so I can practice a little bit more, and I will also make an abstract of the theory you gave me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2016, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen! Nice to hear from you!

Ok! Thanks for the update! I'll wait for your news.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Nov 25 2016, 11:03 PM
Hi Gabriel,
Here's my summary of the theory and the video wink.gif

Summary
There are 7 different notes in a scale, some notes are split into half. It starts from an A to a G, and then back to an A again. The notes with the same name are an octave apart and are the same notes only a little higher or lower.
There are half notes (or semi tones) between every whole note except between E,F and B,C. We can call those semitones 'sharp' when we are stepping up half a tone or a 'flat' when we are stepping down half a note. So there are actually 12 semitones in an octave.

There are 6 open strings on a guitar, the notes of those strings are E, B, G, D, A, E. When you move up one fret you move up a semitone, that's how you can figure out where the notes are.

A scale is an arrangement of notes and underlies everything we do musically since we derive fitting chords and notes out of it. There are many different scales, so we tend to organize them in families. The most common scales are the Major, Minor and Minor Pentatonic.
A key is a scale family type along with the note you are starting the scale from. A key defines the tonal centre of a piece of music, it is the chord that the song keeps returning to. A chord is a number of notes that are played together at the same time. '

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Guitarmasterclass.MP4 ( 10.16MB ) Number of downloads: 46

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2016, 09:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Leen! Nice to find news from you here!! smile.gif

The theory summary is perfect! Here I'll share the next steps that I suggest covering and then again writing your thoughts here.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...-C-Major-Scale/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...-Chords-Theory/

About your video, I can see that you are starting to feel more comfortable with the chords. The next step here is to make the chord transitions smoother, mostly when you go to D chords which seems to be the one that feels trickier for you.

As you need to continue playing this, and I want you to keep entertained I'd like to suggest you start working on this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/picnic-panic/

In this one, you need to first learn the 4 chords, and then the different rhythms shared.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Nov 28 2016, 09:54 PM
Hi Gabriel,

Thank you:)
The lesson looks really nice and I'm excited to start working on it!

This post has been edited by Leen94: Nov 28 2016, 09:55 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2016, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Leen94
Jan 19 2017, 09:35 PM
Hi Gabriel,

How are you?
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on the new assignment wink.gif
Is it alright if I"l post a video in two weeks?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2017, 01:04 AM
Instructor
Hey Leen! How are you?

That's great! I'll wait for the video!

Also, I think that you'll enjoy this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ed-Sheeran-Style/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:19 PM