I'd Like To Introduce Myself, Greeting from BFE, KY
Shenanigans
Feb 5 2010, 06:49 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone. I am a 16 year-old aspiring metal guitarist.
I've been playing a few years, but only lately have I been playing a lot like I used to. I've been in a few bands, but have only played two actual shows.
Anyway, I listen to a lot of music, and I collect CD's and stuff. I have over 50GB of music on my computer and 100's of Cd's. My guitar playing reflects that, I think. While it's mostly metal, anything interesting and creative I like.
Some of my favorite bands are Arsis, Persefone, Shaolin Death Squad, Aeon of Horus, Cynic, BtBaM, and Trivium. (Couldn't possibly name them all)

I work a lot, but am homeschooled, so I have plenty of time in the day to play guitar. I would like to make myself a practice schedule or something. I really want to become a great musician. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I also love to talk about music and gear.

I'm not a social person really, so I don't know what else to say. Ask about anything else!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kahall
Feb 5 2010, 07:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Shenanigans @ Feb 4 2010, 11:49 PM) *
[..]
I'm not a social person really, so I don't know what else to say. Ask about anything else!

Yeah, I can tell your really shy. cool.gif Great intro and welcome. Love the user name.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Shenanigans
Feb 5 2010, 07:20 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kahall @ Feb 5 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Yeah, I can tell your really shy. cool.gif Great intro and welcome. Love the user name.

Haha, just finished watching Super Troopers, and the shenanigans scene cracked me up.
So, what is the best way to get started here? Just pick a lesson and go to town or what?

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 5 2010, 08:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Shenanigans @ Feb 5 2010, 12:20 AM) *
Haha, just finished watching Super Troopers, and the shenanigans scene cracked me up.
So, what is the best way to get started here? Just pick a lesson and go to town or what?

I don't think I have seen that movie but I know of it. I also like Tom foolery and Hijinxs.

As far as picking a lesson and going to town? That is what I do but it is not what most will recommend. It really depends on your playing level. Pick a lesson that looks doable and post up a vid if you can. Someone here will home school ya.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 5 2010, 10:15 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi and welcome to GMC!
Pick a lesson and get started, that's what I did and still do. Just go to the guitar lessons and have a look at the metal section, I think you'll be happy and quite busy for some time with that.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 5 2010, 10:58 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC!

Joining GMC is a first step for becoming a good musician. You have all the tools (lessons) you need here. Make sure that you visit the forum regularly and ask all the questions.... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Feb 5 2010, 11:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello and welcome!

I am sure you will like this site!

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 5 2010, 04:35 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome aboard!
For a shy guy you made an excellent introduction cool.gif, enjoy!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2010, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, nice intro! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 6 2010, 05:40 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site!

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 7 2010, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 18 2010, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! good intro!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 18 2010, 03:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hi and welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Feb 18 2010, 07:30 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! Enjoy your stay!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 7 2010, 08:44 PM
Instructor
Welcome. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 7 2010, 08:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome hope you have a rocking time here. \m/

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 7 2010, 10:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Shenanigans @ Feb 5 2010, 05:49 AM) *
Hey everyone. I am a 16 year-old aspiring metal guitarist.
I've been playing a few years, but only lately have I been playing a lot like I used to. I've been in a few bands, but have only played two actual shows.
Anyway, I listen to a lot of music, and I collect CD's and stuff. I have over 50GB of music on my computer and 100's of Cd's. My guitar playing reflects that, I think. While it's mostly metal, anything interesting and creative I like.
Some of my favorite bands are Arsis, Persefone, Shaolin Death Squad, Aeon of Horus, Cynic, BtBaM, and Trivium. (Couldn't possibly name them all)

I work a lot, but am homeschooled, so I have plenty of time in the day to play guitar. I would like to make myself a practice schedule or something. I really want to become a great musician. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I also love to talk about music and gear.

Welcome mate!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 8 2010, 04:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sup! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 8 2010, 03:03 PM
Jazz Instructor
Welcome to GMC, mate! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2010, 04:33 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM