2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Are Lyrics Important For You?
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 6 2013, 01:50 PM) *
The worst guitarist in the entire world? laugh.gif No? Was that the wrong answer? Hmmm dry.gif

Just kidding! Very nice! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Well, if we would suppose that now I have short hair tongue.gif Could be laugh.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 7 2013, 05:47 AM) *
I love Gusttavo Lima, my stepson introduced him to me, much to my wife's disappointment, she doesn't like Sertanejo. I put him in the box of fun music that I don't take too seriously though. And let's face it who wouldn't like his audience (so much nicer to look at than a bunch of guitarists waiting to see you make a mistake!)

I like his public, but without the music laugh.gif This guy is like a plague in here... I would never understand how cie cie re re cie can be such an attractive thing to sing... But then again... Who am I to judge?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 7 2013, 09:23 AM
GMC:er
IF the LyricS AREN'T FOLLOWING MUSIC's POINT Or Vice Versa, THan Somethings going VERY WRONG with THE SONG!!!
SIMPLIFIED, BOTH HAVE TO BE COMPACT!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 7 2013, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 7 2013, 09:25 AM
Learning Roadie
I didn't realise he was known outside of Brazil or Latin America.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 7 2013, 06:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2013, 09:43 AM) *
laugh.gif Well, if we would suppose that now I have short hair tongue.gif Could be laugh.gif

Samson's strength was in his hair, you know! tongue.gif

That said, Hunger Strike is a great song and one I would love to sing with a band etc. Well, Eddie's parts only. laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2013, 10:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 7 2013, 03:05 AM) *
Are lyrics important for you?
Yes, they are the message of the song. It tells a lot about the songwriter.

Which songs has your favourite lyrics?
Songs about Jesus who offers hope to believers. I also like dreamy and deep lyrics like from Owl City.

Which are your favourite songwriters?
RED, Skillet, Demon Hunter, as mentioned above Adam Young of Owl City.

I have to pay attention to Owl City's lyrics, I like his music but haven't paid too much attention to the lyrics.

I like many lyrics by Dave Grohl.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2013, 11:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 7 2013, 09:13 PM) *
I have to pay attention to Owl City's lyrics, I like his music but haven't paid too much attention to the lyrics.

I like many lyrics by Dave Grohl.

Because Dave is the godliest of the gods laugh.gif Kidding aside, I am one of the big fans! I sung this one at the karaoke last week!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 8 2013, 11:05 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 8 2013, 11:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don't listen much to Dream Theater these days, but Kevin Moore was very good at writing lyrics come to think of it (or songs in general):

]

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2013, 01:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 8 2013, 07:04 PM) *
Because Dave is the godliest of the gods laugh.gif Kidding aside, I am one of the big fans! I sung this one at the karaoke last week!

Cool!! I would like to hear a cover sang by you mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 08:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 9 2013, 12:03 AM) *
Cool!! I would like to hear a cover sang by you mate!

It shall be done with - Times like these - the acoustic version smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Feb 25 2014, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 5 2013, 02:57 PM) *
We talk a lot about music here, songs, composition but I wonder what you think about lyrics...

Are lyrics important for you?

Which songs has your favourite lyrics?

Which are your favourite songwriters?

lyrics are very important to me, i listen to such a wide range of differnent music and mostly it has to do with what my favorite bands and musicians are trying to express how they feel and beleive in.over the past year ive been finding my musical tastes change because of listening and reading lyrics that i find go along with what i feel is important in out world today.
really got into bands like SOJA and Rebulution[/youtube]

This post has been edited by dcz702: Feb 25 2014, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2014, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Nice band Soja! I didn't know them but we shared stage the last December with my band Cirse in a fest called Summer Break Fest. smile.gif
I will get more into their lyrics.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 25 2014, 04:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
I always liked Depeche Mode lyrics. This song have lyrics which caught my attention very much wink.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 25 2014, 04:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
to me, it is as important as guitar(please don't send a hit squad after me) and I am not one for instrumentals , once and a while is fine for me, but a whole album is to much.I guess thats why I haven't got into growling much can't understand them and don't have the time or energy to.
and songs like Big Balls are the pinnacle of songwriting, poundcake By van-hagar.to write about something thats means something else , and when people get past rhyming every other line and still keep a groove shows maturity in my book

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 25 2014, 07:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Feb 25 2014, 03:01 PM) *
I always liked Depeche Mode lyrics. This song have lyrics which caught my attention very much wink.gif

I dont listen to Depeche Mode much but I really like 'Stripped'. blew me away when I first heard it, such a vibe about both the music and lyrics.

I know Rammstein have covered it and made it a bit more metal but the original is the best version IMO.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 25 2014, 07:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I honestly rarely pay any attention to lyrics anymore, it's all about the overall musical composition for me. Vocals do play a part in that but it's no different than a guitar melody for me. What is being said doesn't matter at all, only what notes are being sung.

That's my view at least. I get much more moved by a nice guitar phrase/lick than I do by a line of vocals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 26 2014, 08:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 25 2014, 06:09 PM) *
I dont listen to Depeche Mode much but I really like 'Stripped'. blew me away when I first heard it, such a vibe about both the music and lyrics.

I know Rammstein have covered it and made it a bit more metal but the original is the best version IMO.

I also like "Stripped", great memories to listen again this song. You have right , the original version is the best version smile.gif I was and I still remain a big fan DM. I grew up with DM and I know all their discography and all the lyrics of the songs smile.gif Few years ago I meet Andy Fletcher when he was in my country for a separately concert (as DJ). Was one of the best day in my life smile.gif I had a big luck because in that period I worked at UnicreditTiriac Bank and the branch was in the most expensive hotel from my city. So, was more than easy to meet Andy because I had unlimited access in that hotel. When I was face to face with him for few seconds I forgot all the words in English biggrin.gif But after this awkward moment I asked him an autograph wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2014, 11:09 AM
Instructor
As I get older, I am more and more into lyrics then before - I think I stated this a lot of times so far, but when a few years ago, I had NO CLUE about my own band's lyrics ... I find this thing inadmissible nowadays and if a certain tune is not instrumental by default, I usually listen to all the details, especially if it's something I want to learn as a whole or simply understand what's going on with each instrument.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:18 AM