2 Pages V   1 2 >  
8 String Di Track (add Your Own Fx)
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2015, 02:49 AM
GMC:er
If you are curious what it's like to work with 8 string guitars, here is a short clip of a guitar rythm recorded direct on an 8 string. Put it in your daw and apply your favorite guitar plugin (amplitude, etc.) to and see if you can get some good tone out of it. 8 String guitar is very close to a BASS guitar and thus can be hard to find a good balance between gain and clarity.

If you are up for it, put your fave plugin on it and re upload! I'd love to hear wink.gif Hopefully someone is feeling brave!

Attached File  8StringDI_CleanRythm.mp3 ( 1.23MB ) Number of downloads: 2141

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 27 2015, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
You can't run a dry signal from a daw back into the 11Rack without Pro Tools can you ? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2015, 02:11 AM
Are you asking about "reamping" with 11 rack? Sure smile.gif Depends on your DAW. Here is a vid using CUBASE and reamping with 11r smile.gif Wads on youtube with various daws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-11BfNfG5E

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 27 2015, 06:42 AM) *
You can't run a dry signal from a daw back into the 11Rack without Pro Tools can you ? sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 28 2015, 05:01 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2015, 01:11 AM) *
Are you asking about "reamping" with 11 rack? Sure smile.gif Depends on your DAW. Here is a vid using CUBASE and reamping with 11r smile.gif Wads on youtube with various daws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-11BfNfG5E

Hey Todd!

I'm a Reaper guy so I found this:

http://reaperblog.net/2014/04/video-how-to-re-amp-in-reaper/

So I would need to run a chain from reaper into a ReAmping box, into the 11 Rack and then back into Reaper since I'm not using any Mics or anything right?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2015, 06:21 PM
OH! You mean "Reamping Without An Amp!" smile.gif Sure!!! Here are the steps for reaper smile.gif

0. Set the 11r as your interface
1. Have a dry guitar (or bass) track recorded from input 1 (guitar input), we will call that Trk1.
2. On Trk1 click on the 'I/O' button that is next to the track name and select the 'Add new hardware output' -> 'Output 3' (or 3 and 4 if it is a stereo track), my output 3 is called 'ReAmp L'.
3. Hold down the 'Edit/Back' button on the 11r and select 'Rig Input'. Switch it to 'Re-Amp'.
4. Make a new stereo track (Trk2) in reaper and set its input to 'Input 3 + 4', on mine it is called 'Eleven Rig L + Eleven Rig R'. Name Trk2 with the patch selected, record enable and mute Trk2.
5. Make sure Trk1 is NOT record enabled or muted.
6. Press record on reaper, you should hear and see the track being printed.
7. Check the time-alignment of the audio on Trk2 (sometimes mine end up a few milliseconds late, based on my system's performance).
8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 to do multiple different 11r presets.
9. When done, remember to hold down the 'Edit/Back' button on the 11r, select 'Rig Input' and set it back to guitar.

Hope this helps!!

P.S. To be honest, the reamping process on the 11 is a bit obtuse and complex and I don't typically do it. It's just much easier record clean and then apply whatever plugin (TH2/amplitude) during tracking and then tweak/change the plugin during mixing. That way you have endless "Reamping" at the touch of a mouse click without having to do extra tracks/routing etc. But it's worth struggling through it just to have done it the hard way at least once! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 28 2015, 12:01 PM) *
Hey Todd!

I'm a Reaper guy so I found this:

http://reaperblog.net/2014/04/video-how-to-re-amp-in-reaper/

So I would need to run a chain from reaper into a ReAmping box, into the 11 Rack and then back into Reaper since I'm not using any Mics or anything right?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 28 2015, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 29 2015, 02:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Todd!

Yeah that does seem like a pain in the rear end tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2015, 01:32 PM
The worst part is that the changes are permanent. sad.gif Unlike using a plugin, you are married to whatever the results are which limit your options a bit during mixdown. Many times I'll go in an turn down the gain on the guitar plugin during an active mixdown session and it's very handy smile.gif I LOVE Plugins for recording smile.gif My FAVE "Metal" is TH2 but for ease of use and all round great tone it's EZMIX2 which has great metal guitar preset with one click of the mouse and no editing required at all. Very quick. I often start with ezmix 2 and the mesghuggah preset then change it later to th2 or something.

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 28 2015, 09:57 PM) *
Thanks Todd!

Yeah that does seem like a pain in the rear end tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 29 2015, 02:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've given it a quick whip through one of my settings in BIAS.

Attached File  8StringDI_CleanRythm_BIASed.mp3 ( 988.76K ) Number of downloads: 257

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2015, 10:21 PM
Very cool! smile.gif Have you downloaded the BIAS FX demo? BTW? It's darn cool!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 29 2015, 09:16 AM) *
I've given it a quick whip through one of my settings in BIAS.

Attached File  8StringDI_CleanRythm_BIASed.mp3 ( 988.76K ) Number of downloads: 257

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2015, 10:21 PM) *
Very cool! smile.gif Have you downloaded the BIAS FX demo? BTW? It's darn cool!!

I couldn't find a demo on their website. I'll have to look again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2015, 04:27 PM
HEre is the link SCROLL DOWN one page smile.gif

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx/

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 2 2015, 10:14 AM) *
I couldn't find a demo on their website. I'll have to look again!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 04:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 2 2015, 04:27 PM) *
HEre is the link SCROLL DOWN one page smile.gif

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx/

Found it! Had to redeem a code first, just never saw the "download demo" link when I looked at it earlier.

Hmmm. I've downloaded the demo, but when I open it it asks me to login, and I can't seem to get past that.

EDIT: Got it working now. You said something about dragging things from BIAS Amp to BIAS FX, or was that something I imagined?

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 2 2015, 05:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2015, 06:12 PM
You should be able to load your custom amps from BIAS inside BIAS FX smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 2 2015, 11:39 AM) *
Found it! Had to redeem a code first, just never saw the "download demo" link when I looked at it earlier.

Hmmm. I've downloaded the demo, but when I open it it asks me to login, and I can't seem to get past that.

EDIT: Got it working now. You said something about dragging things from BIAS Amp to BIAS FX, or was that something I imagined?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 06:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
It says on their website that there should be a button in BIAS Amp that should export to BIAS FX, but I just can't find it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 08:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Maybe it doesn't work yet for the desktop version?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2015, 10:40 PM
We are tlaking about BIAS FX and BIAS AMP desktop correct? if so smile.gif

BIAS AMP and BIAS FX will share the same amp document folder on desktop system , every factory preset and custom amps in BIAS AMP will be automatically shown in BIAS FX amp menu , if you want to modify the detail of an amp , just open BIAS AMP , modify it and then save it , go to BIAS FX and load the amp you'll get it done!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 2 2015, 03:28 PM) *
Maybe it doesn't work yet for the desktop version?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 3 2015, 01:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Are you sure this goes for the demo version? I can't seem to find any way to connect the two. I think I might be dumb!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2015, 06:47 PM
Hmm. Now that might the problem. I am running the full version. It's possible the demo version doesn't work that way. So you can't see your bias amps listed in the available amps menu in bias fx demo? sad.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 2 2015, 08:06 PM) *
Are you sure this goes for the demo version? I can't seem to find any way to connect the two. I think I might be dumb!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 3 2015, 07:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 3 2015, 07:47 PM) *
Hmm. Now that might the problem. I am running the full version. It's possible the demo version doesn't work that way. So you can't see your bias amps listed in the available amps menu in bias fx demo? sad.gif

Nope, can't see nothing! dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2015, 09:43 PM
Sorry to here sad.gif It sounds like a problem of the demo. Have you poked around the support forums and such? I"m sure somebody else is using the demo version?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 3 2015, 02:13 PM) *
Nope, can't see nothing! dry.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:41 PM