Small Rigs Vs Huge Rigs, What is Your usuall set-up ?:)
Darius Wave
Aug 7 2013, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hi guys!

What do You prefer to use...a small gear set-up or a huge rigs with 4x14" cabinets and heads?

To be honest...I like both and just made the little one working as a one piece smile.gif

My big rig is done similar way -

Attached Image

I use one common pedalboard and very similar presets layout to feel most comnfortable on stage.

T.C in the effects loop is mostly to control the channle switching and the volume. I use some effects like Delay, Phaser, Tremolo, Chorus, Octaver bur very rarely smile.gif

How about Your rigs ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2013, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Very cool rig Darius! Nowadays I only have a "big" rig that is my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Marshall 1960b Cabinet, many individual pedals and my two guitars (Gibson Les PAul & Fernandes Monterrey).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 7 2013, 09:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 7 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Very cool rig Darius! Nowadays I only have a "big" rig that is my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Marshall 1960b Cabinet, many individual pedals and my two guitars (Gibson Les PAul & Fernandes Monterrey).

I was in love with Ravelle once...awesome instrument...Fernandes guitar are wayyyycool smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Aug 8 2013, 02:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
im into my small rig, really love the sounds im getting out of 2 low watt amps, i cant really compare to big rigs cause i never owned one, dont have a need for one right now, and i think my 25 watt mesa is going to still do well in a band with my 2x12 cab, but i would like to one day have a mesa triple rec

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 8 2013, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Well all know Your tiny but dangerous beasts Dave smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2013, 11:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Aug 8 2013, 01:24 AM) *
im into my small rig, really love the sounds im getting out of 2 low watt amps, i cant really compare to big rigs cause i never owned one, dont have a need for one right now, and i think my 25 watt mesa is going to still do well in a band with my 2x12 cab, but i would like to one day have a mesa triple rec

Very nice man biggrin.gif Blackstar and Mesa - two of my favorites tongue.gif

At home - I am using the AMT SS20 and my pedalboard while onstage, if I can carry stuff, I am using the Crate Blue Voodoo head and cab alongside the pedalboard.

My main guitars - PRS Paul Allender and PRS Mike Mushok smile.gif

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Aug 12 2013, 08:07 PM
GMC:er
My "big" rig is medium sized at most these days, haha.

Big rig: Marshall AFD100 -> Blackstar Artisan 2x12" cab

Small rig: 65 Amps London Pro -> 65 Amps 1x12" cab

Neither one is getting much playing time at the moment due to my asshole neighbours and landlord sad.gif

Hoping to finally find a suitable band to join so I can get these out gigging again (just moved to a new city recently and don't know anyone yet).

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2013, 09:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Aug 12 2013, 07:07 PM) *
My "big" rig is medium sized at most these days, haha.

Big rig: Marshall AFD100 -> Blackstar Artisan 2x12" cab

Small rig: 65 Amps London Pro -> 65 Amps 1x12" cab

Neither one is getting much playing time at the moment due to my asshole neighbours and landlord sad.gif

Hoping to finally find a suitable band to join so I can get these out gigging again (just moved to a new city recently and don't know anyone yet).

It's like starting from the beginning...I had this while 2 of my bands were in studio...there was not to much time for gigs so the gear left in the practice room...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:46 AM