> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
My Rec Takes
carminemarotta
Oct 6 2013, 05:10 PM
GMC:er
Thanks Cosmin
since it seems that I cannot dig this lesson no 11, is there anything easier where I can practce what you and other instructors in the REC suggested me? This should have been an easy lesson for my level but surely is not. Anyway a solid foundation of rhythm is at the basis of everything you play with a guitar, so better spend as much time as necessary on it.

thanks
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 7 2013, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine - I think that the issue here, resides in the fact that you are somehow drawn aback by the gritty tone used in the lesson by Bear. My thought would be that we orient ourselves towards a lesson which is played with a clean tone - this one could be interesting - what do you think mate? Observing your progress with the Coldplay lesson, I think you could try this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-and-arpeggios/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 7 2013, 09:23 PM
Lesson bookmarked, thank you

Carmine

PS I could play the Coldplay lesson, I do not need to do a REC of it

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 8 2013, 08:08 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine - I am glad you like it and find it appropriate wink.gif Now about the Coldplay lesson, it would be a great idea to record it for the REC section and post it there as it would be an incentive for you to work hard and get it into perfect shape.

I like to think about a recording as it is our reflection in a mirror - if we don't like what we see, we can always arrange it and when we look again we have it fixed. What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 8 2013, 01:49 PM
I agree Cosmin.
I will try to REC the Coldplay lesson

Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 8 2013, 10:03 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate! Looking forward to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 10 2013, 08:46 PM
Really busy week for me. I can find few minutes to practice but no time to record.

Thanks Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 10 2013, 10:23 PM
Cosmin,
I know I should ask Sinisa, but you are much more active in the forum. Also, I know that it is likely that I am wrong, but it is a good exercise for my rhythm. In the Sinisa Beatles lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Beatles-Style/ at the end of bar 2 and throught the piece, he plays the note e, 2 fret D string, I hear that as an eight note while tab says quarter, can you kindly double check?

Thanks in advance
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine - it looks like it's a typo to me as well smile.gif That's why you should follow your ears not tabs - tabs are good for positions but not for note length. That is their most nastiest fault, as I always say - they tell you where to place your fingers, but not when and not for how long.

Play along with the original recording and if you match the note length it will be well. After making sure that you have learned the piece by heard, try playing it against a metronome and then against the backing tracks smile.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 11 2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks Cosmin
I think I am starting interiorizing rhythm! Quit glad about it.

I hope I will have a bit of time to record something but definitely will practice.

Have a good week end
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 12 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Oct 11 2013, 12:37 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin
I think I am starting interiorizing rhythm! Quit glad about it.

I hope I will have a bit of time to record something but definitely will practice.

Have a good week end
Carmine

That's the best news I heard so far this morning biggrin.gif Quite glad about it myself! biggrin.gif

Hit me up as soon as you record, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 13 2013, 09:06 PM
Cosmin
below Sinisa's Beatles lesson, part 1 and 2, at 104 bpm (original 130 bpm).
Thanks in advance
Carmine

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Oct 13 2013, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2013, 08:42 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine! Looking good so far wink.gif I only had three things to suggest:

- you tend to fall behind the drums just a little bit, so pay closer attention to the timing
- at 0:13 and 0:26 your timing is a bit slow but you always get back in shape - that's good, but try to stay consistent, ok?
- your left hand's thumb should sit more behind the neck and your wrist should be brought more upfront

Also, watch closely how Sinisa is holding his left hand - ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 14 2013, 09:05 AM
Got it, thanks

Carmine

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 16 2013, 08:54 PM
Just a quick note, I am doing my homework and enjoying it.

Take care,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2013, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Awesome! biggrin.gif Looking forward to see some recordings mate!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 18 2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Cosmin,
so friday night update.
Sinisa lesson on Beatles: tried to play the first art up to speed and I am almost there. problem of the lesson will be to put together all the parts, even Sinisa's main video has been edited since there is a quite wide jump from high position to lower one, in the bluesy riff.
By the way of Blues, I am studying the 12 bar blues intro lesson by the new instructor John. I had problem switching between B5 and B6 as john mentioned in the video. I looped and looped that section playing very slowly and increasing the speed very gradually. At the end I could play quite fluently at 80 bpm however I am a bit tense on that chords: no way I can play it with my camera on! (and my video software stopped so I could not record anyway).

Have a great week end

Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine smile.gif

That sounds amazing mate - progress in the making! About the red light issue - I will make a vid for ya biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Oct 19 2013, 10:00 PM
Hi Cosmin
Beatles lesson, part 4

And this is a kind of joke but 1) i have to start from somewhere, don't I, 2) I should get use to record also bad take, I am here to learn not to perfom.

Regards
Carmine

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Oct 19 2013, 10:30 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2013, 01:09 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine! I think it's going ok wink.gif I watched the first video and aside a few hesitations, I think you are doing fine. Stay focused tho! Regarding the second one, work on your timing a little more as it's clearly not yet assimilated - but it's definitely not a joke! You are on the right track! I also have something for ya:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:23 PM