Agile Interceptor Pro 727
del-4fr53e3
Sep 1 2010, 01:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
wrong board. Can someone please move it to gear section? Thanks!
Moved as requested - tony

After lots of GAS, lots of reading etc etc, I think I found my new guitar. They are really cheap, but from all I hear they are extremely good for the cost, and I read a lot of good words on them in the 7 string communities. People say they had a lot of stupid factory problems earlier, but that, at least the Pro ones, are of much better standard now.

I was wondering if anyone here have any experience with them? smile.gif
The one I am thinking of buying is this one:
http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro72...trigreenmn.html

Still not 100% sure if I want ebony or maple fretboard though. And 27" or 25.5". smile.gif
Look at that beauty! GAS!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Sep 1 2010, 02:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 1 2010, 01:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I had a lower line Agile LP copy and the quality of the guitar was exceptional for the price. Tony S. Has one of these 7 strings and here is his take on it...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=30130

I say go for it, I don't think you will be disappointed. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 1 2010, 02:00 PM
Jazz Instructor
This guitar is beautiful...
And it's surprisingly cheap.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 1 2010, 02:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
They are supposed to be really good for the price you pay for them! The only thing that would put me off is the liscensed Tremolo...
I would either go for a fixed bridge version or ask them to put an original Floyd Rose 7 on the guitar (I think it's possible for them to do that, will cost more though but worth it!)

Regarding the fretboard (aside from looks):
-Maple fretboard will give you a smoother, darker tone
-Ebony Fretboard will give you a sharper, higher tone

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 1 2010, 03:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, I've been thinking of that as well. And I DO have a love/hate relationship with floating bridges, so I might just get the fixed version. Only downside is that that version is equipped with some pickups I've never heard of, while the tremolo version got EMGs.
"Cepheus Active 7 high output 7 string humbucker pickups"
http://www.rondomusic.com/product3596.html

There is such a huge difference it price between the two though...

Yeah, I think I will probably choose a maple fretboard. More for looks than sound I suppose smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 1 2010, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 1 2010, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
They do offer changes in the hardware of their guitars, you just have to ask Rondomusic that you want an Interceptor with a fixed bridge and EMGs! Or you could just buy some emgs and replace the factory active pickups!

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Sep 1 2010, 04:07 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 1 2010, 04:06 PM
Instructor
that's surely a nice looking guitar,

the only experience I have with seven strings is the ibanez RG prestige, which I find awesome

and a schecter, that on I really didn't like, the neck was so weird to play and the sound was too crisp

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 1 2010, 07:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 1 2010, 05:02 PM) *
They do offer changes in the hardware of their guitars, you just have to ask Rondomusic that you want an Interceptor with a fixed bridge and EMGs! Or you could just buy some emgs and replace the factory active pickups!

Actually he closed down the custom shop because of massive replies, and only opens it at certain intervals, so only the ones shown on the website is availabe (though, I heard those who subscribe to the newletter can do custom shop orders, but they have to pay 10$ to start the discussion about it). have you heard about the pickups in the Septor? or is it perhaps an Agile home-made one? smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:24 PM