Just To See If I Could Remember...
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 25 2017, 09:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't played this song in a long time, but decided to see if I could still remember. It's been a couple years since I played it last time I think. Played through it a couple of times and did a quick cover. Warning: Guitar is old, not intonated well, and the strings are about 2 years old and kinda dull, but it's the only 7 string I have. Also playing is not perfect by any means. It's not that hard to play, I'll admit, but I like playing it possibly for that reason alone.

EDIT:

Slightly better take with slightly better video quality and the guitar raised a bit volume wise:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 26 2017, 05:11 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 26 2017, 01:26 PM
GMC:er
Nice!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 26 2017, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Mertay!

After recording this I realized my action on my 7 string was way too high and that it must be possible to get it lower without buzz. For some reason it was set much higher than it could be. So I lowered the bridge and it's much better now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2017, 01:51 AM
Instructor
That was really enjoyable Cael! The other day, when we were talking about DT and our favorite albums, I forgot how much I love this songs/album. The intro is everything!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 27 2017, 05:10 AM
Pretty well exectuted! biggrin.gif

I've been tackling with Overture 1928 and Stream of Consciousness, have it almost! expect the parts where Petrucci....well goes full Petrucci rolleyes.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2017, 11:07 AM
No problem, go FULL MONKEY!!!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 27 2017, 12:10 AM) *
Pretty well exectuted! biggrin.gif

I've been tackling with Overture 1928 and Stream of Consciousness, have it almost! expect the parts where Petrucci....well goes full Petrucci rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 28 2017, 11:09 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 28 2017, 10:07 AM) *
No problem, go FULL MONKEY!!!!!!

Todd

biggrin.gif hahaha

Might post a "low budget" cover of Overture, gotto polish some of the fast passages first though.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
ImperfectHarmony
Jan 29 2017, 08:23 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 25 2017, 08:10 AM) *
I haven't played this song in a long time, but decided to see if I could still remember. It's been a couple years since I played it last time I think. Played through it a couple of times and did a quick cover. Warning: Guitar is old, not intonated well, and the strings are about 2 years old and kinda dull, but it's the only 7 string I have. Also playing is not perfect by any means. It's not that hard to play, I'll admit, but I like playing it possibly for that reason alone.

EDIT:

Slightly better take with slightly better video quality and the guitar raised a bit volume wise:

fuck yea!!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 31 2017, 09:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ImperfectHarmony @ Jan 29 2017, 08:23 AM) *
fuck yea!!!

Thanks! I'm working on part 2 at the moment. I can play most parts, just need to put them together and play them as good as possible smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:57 PM