8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Misterm's Bootcamp, Prepare to walk knee deep in blood of your enemy!!!
Manu RASSE
Dec 9 2020, 06:18 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I watched the videos this morning and I had like an enlightenment
The angle of my arm is not good.
When I position the elbow higher, the angle allows a better release of my wrist.

I’m gonna make a new video in a few days even slower.
Tell me what you think

Have a nice day

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 9 2020, 11:29 AM
GMC:er
AWESOME!!! Finding the right spot to comfortably and efficiently hold/play the guitar is an art form. It sounds pretty basic, how do I hold the guitar, how do I hold the pick, but it's one of the most involved things ever. It takes enormous amounts of trial and error. Then once you find the "sweet spot" you sometimes have to re learn how to play!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Dec 9 2020, 01:18 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I watched the videos this morning and I had like an enlightenment
The angle of my arm is not good.
When I position the elbow higher, the angle allows a better release of my wrist.

I’m gonna make a new video in a few days even slower.
Tell me what you think

Have a nice day

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 1 2021, 09:33 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I should try to back on BOOTCAMP

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 2 2021, 01:45 AM
Welcome back to Bootcamp Soldier!! It's great to have you back in the fight! This mission is all about working your stretch. That first lick has a very wide stretch that can't be played using the first three fingers. It requires pinky power. The good news is you have killer pinky power. Also, it requires spot on hand synch as there are no gaps. One miss and it falls apart. Your precision is top notch. You really KRUSHED this one. It's fast, precise, there is no string noise. It's pretty much perfect. The blues lick is great as well and I love what you added to it. I do promise that these will get more challenging as you progress!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 1 2021, 04:33 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I should try to back on BOOTCAMP

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 8 2021, 09:41 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I hope that I undesrtood the mission

+Quote Post
azureus
Mar 8 2021, 08:07 PM

sounds cool ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2021, 03:35 AM
You got Soldier!! This one is about dexterity and you did a great job of keeping all of it high and tight. You manage to play with precision and style at the same time which is great. I notice how you are not tensing up which is great to see. Teaching the hands and body not to get tense is something almost every player struggles with at some point. You are doing a great job of staying relaxed and letting your fingers do the work. That's the a big part of what we are trying to work on here at bootcamp. Also, you have very good dexterity with your pinky. That last lick is a very tricky thing to do. The pinky has to have very good reach and has to stick the landing each time over and over. You not only did this well, you did it at speed. Never missed a note. You are ready to move on Soldier!!

You Just....

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 8 2021, 04:41 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I hope that I undesrtood the mission

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 05:45 AM
I have created a new Mute Drill just for my BOOTCAMP SOLDIERS! This one is not for a badge. This is just to help you work on your mute. It's a very simple drill. Just palm mute the bridge, and take your fret hand OFF of the guitar entirely. This will force your palm mute to do all the mute work and show you if there are gaps in your mute. So try it as in the vid, just strike each string a few times, and move on to the next string. Make sure that you don't hear any other string other than the one you are striking. That's the point of this drill. To make sure that you can isolate all of the other strings with your palm mute.

if you notice that you hear other strings ringing, even when you are not striking them, adjust your palm mute angle/position until you find that sweet spot where your palm should be resting. This is the secret sauce folks. Once you sort this out, you won't have to worry about string noise getting in your way, even on our crazy open string licks that span several or all of the strings. It's a quick and simple drill that can really help you isolate any issues with your mute. give it a whirl!!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 29 2021, 08:18 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you , very cool video

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2021, 11:56 PM
It's a very good drill to find if there are any gaps in your mute. I doubt you have any gaps from the vids I've seen from you but it's worth trying just to find out smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 29 2021, 03:18 AM) *
Hi Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2021, 10:01 PM
I shared the video as I wanted you to try to play this. I know you have very high skills and I think you can do this. It will show if there are any gaps in your mute smile.gif Also!!

Phil gave me this link which will let you download your mission badge in the even it is giving you trouble. Evidently some folks are getting hung up trying to get their badge!

https://ezgif.com/webp-to-jpg

QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 29 2021, 03:18 AM) *
Hi Sarge

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 26 2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge,

I suffered from tendonitis in the left elbow for several weeks. It is still painful but it depends on the days.
Currently I feel good, so I work the speed again:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/

I started this lesson a few months ago... I had to stop because of the pain

The target is 140 BPM.... I have a lot of work because I understood accentuation isn't good

What do you think about it ? smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 26 2021, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2021, 10:46 PM
Impressive work!! This seems like it's ready to go! have you put it up for REC grading? Shoot me a link! Very solid on technique and timing which is what this one seems all about. Also very good use of the pinky! Without a good pinky, this would fall apart imho.

sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 26 2021, 04:28 AM) *
Hi Sarge,

I suffered from tendonitis in the left elbow for several weeks. It is still painful but it depends on the days.
Currently I feel good, so I work the speed again:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/

I started this lesson a few months ago... I had to stop because of the pain

The target is 140 BPM.... I have a lot of work because I understood accentuation isn't good

What do you think about it ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 27 2021, 09:23 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you
Rec section in a few weeks.
I need a lot of work to play 100% speed.
Here a rec 90% with good accentuation (maybe good word is "articulation") and Backingtrack

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2021, 02:57 PM
This is very impressive work . Your pinky is doing a great job as well. This rec requires a ton of things to make it work right and you are on top of all of it. I can see huge progress since way back when I first saw you play. You were always good but now your freaking killer!!!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 27 2021, 04:23 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank you
Rec section in a few weeks.
I need a lot of work to play 100% speed.
Here a rec 90% with good accentuation (maybe good word is "articulation") and Backingtrack

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 27 2021, 03:46 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you Sarge.
Your comment is very motivating.
It goes straight to my heart, especially knowing your shred skills....

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2021, 12:15 AM
You are one of the best fighters in Bootcamp soldier! You are in the TALL WEEDS in terms of Mission Difficulty but your skills have come so far that I hope the Missions can still provide a challenge!! keep kicking ass and taking names!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 27 2021, 10:46 AM) *
Thank you Sarge.
Your comment is very motivating.
It goes straight to my heart, especially knowing your shred skills....

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 2 2021, 06:53 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Bootcamp taught me a lot.
Looking at some gmcer, I find it a shame to want to go too fast.
The bootcamp brings a lot if we don’t burn the steps.
It’s addictive but we should take our time, the way is so long.

Sometimes I try to work on mission 32.
I can’t find a focus for this one, but I’ll try to finalize it to unblock it all.

Thanks again for your 80’s smooth jazz com wub.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 2 2021, 06:59 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 7 2021, 09:25 PM
Id love to see you krush 32! It's great to watch you take on each mission.

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 2 2021, 01:53 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Bootcamp taught me a lot.
Looking at some gmcer, I find it a shame to want to go too fast.
The bootcamp brings a lot if we don’t burn the steps.
It’s addictive but we should take our time, the way is so long.

Sometimes I try to work on mission 32.
I can’t find a focus for this one, but I’ll try to finalize it to unblock it all.

Thanks again for your 80’s smooth jazz com wub.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 19 2021, 02:59 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I'm back with mission 32
I’ve incorporated 2 licks into a solo, I hope that will suit you.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 19 2021, 02:59 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:19 PM