New Supergroup
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Dave Grohl never rests... he is now working hard on FF new album but he is also starting to plan a new Supergroup called Teenage Time Killer with Corey Taylor (Silpknot, Stone Sour), Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys) and Reed Mullin (Corrosion of Conformity). The project also features Nick Oliveri (ex-Queens Of The Stone Age and Kyuss), Neil Fallon (Clutch), Keith Morris (Black Flag), Max Cavalera (Soulfy) and others.

More info here:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/te...-taylor-biafra/

I really enjoyed this collab so the new project is very promising:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Mertay
Feb 18 2014, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
That was awesome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 05:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 18 2014, 10:12 AM) *
That was awesome smile.gif

yeah, Corey Taylor is a very talented singer.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2014, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Holy c...p biggrin.gif Corey and Dave! This is pure awesomeness!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2014, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2014, 04:15 AM) *
Holy c...p biggrin.gif Corey and Dave! This is pure awesomeness!

yeah, can't wait to hear the album. I love Grohl's collabs. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2014, 11:03 PM
GMC:er
Looks like they are in a big studio this time too! I appreciate the DIY approach of recording his last album at home, but though it sounded fine, it didn't quite measure up to previous efforts in terms of audio quality imho. I iiked the rawness of it though. smile.gif Almost wish they did it twice, once at home, once in studio and released both. That would ramp up the costs though smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 18 2014, 07:48 AM) *
Dave Grohl never rests... he is now working hard on FF new album but he is also starting to plan a new Supergroup called Teenage Time Killer with Corey Taylor (Silpknot, Stone Sour), Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys) and Reed Mullin (Corrosion of Conformity). The project also features Nick Oliveri (ex-Queens Of The Stone Age and Kyuss), Neil Fallon (Clutch), Keith Morris (Black Flag), Max Cavalera (Soulfy) and others.

More info here:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/te...-taylor-biafra/

I really enjoyed this collab so the new project is very promising:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2014, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 19 2014, 07:03 PM) *
Looks like they are in a big studio this time too! I appreciate the DIY approach of recording his last album at home, but though it sounded fine, it didn't quite measure up to previous efforts in terms of audio quality imho. I iiked the rawness of it though. smile.gif Almost wish they did it twice, once at home, once in studio and released both. That would ramp up the costs though smile.gif

I think that the one in the video is Dave Grohl's studio, where they recorded Sound city soundtrack, and they surely will record this new band album there. It seems that new FF is being recorded in 12 different iconic studios, one song on each one. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2014, 01:21 PM) *
I think that the one in the video is Dave Grohl's studio, where they recorded Sound city soundtrack, and they surely will record this new band album there. It seems that new FF is being recorded in 12 different iconic studios, one song on each one. ohmy.gif

REALLY? Each song is recorded in a DIFFERENT studio? Jesus, how much money do these guys have budgeted for this project? biggrin.gif I'd be really curious to hear the financial story behind their career smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2014, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 21 2014, 04:31 AM) *
REALLY? Each song is recorded in a DIFFERENT studio? Jesus, how much money do these guys have budgeted for this project? biggrin.gif I'd be really curious to hear the financial story behind their career smile.gif

Yeah! I think that Dave is already enough rich to do everything he wants. Here you can read the article about it:

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/75058

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
This, most likely, is all I needed to know biggrin.gif

"We're doing something that nobody knows about, it's fucking rad. We begin recording soon, but we're doing it in a way that no-one's done before and we're writing the album in a way that I don't think has been done before."

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hah, I only know who Corey is, and I've never really been a big fan of Slipknot, the rest of the players I don't know, so it's funny to consider it a supergroup. I'm gonna have a listen to them though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2014, 07:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 22 2014, 11:12 AM) *
This, most likely, is all I needed to know biggrin.gif

"We're doing something that nobody knows about, it's fucking rad. We begin recording soon, but we're doing it in a way that no-one's done before and we're writing the album in a way that I don't think has been done before."

I have no idea what would be the way they are making this album, but there is one things I'm sure... Dave knows how to excite fans with his interviews and how to manage marketing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2014, 08:59 AM
Instructor
All his good ideas are probably coming from this chair:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 AM