Cubase, Anybody there for live help? :)
Tolek
Mar 30 2009, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey folks,
I´m having troubles with Cubase. I got it together with my Yamaha KX25 masterkeyboard a few days ago and now I wanted to record myself, but I can´t do it. mellow.gif
Does anybody want me to help live? smile.gif -> https://voxli.com/tolek

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Emir Hot
Mar 30 2009, 04:58 PM
Instructor
What's the problem Tolek?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 30 2009, 04:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 30 2009, 04:58 PM) *
What's the problem Tolek?

I can´t connect my guitar to Cubase. I´m using POD Farm (=new GearBox).

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 30 2009, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Could you play before? Did it just happend?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 30 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 30 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Could you play before? Did it just happend?

No, I never recorded my guitar in cubase. As I said, I´m learning since I just got it.

I just solved the problem. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 30 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
go to VST connections and make sure that your inputs and outputs are assigned. Then open an audio track and set input and output to your sound card. I don't have POD but I believe your inputs and outputs should be called "something POD". Then click the little speaker icon on your audio track and you should hear yourself playing. If the signal indicator jumps then you know that the signal is coming in. After you get all this, you just need to press record and rock it smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2009, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 30 2009, 05:22 PM) *
No, I never recorded my guitar in cubase. As I said, I´m learning since I just got it.

I just solved the problem. smile.gif

Are there more problems on this topic mate?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 30 2009, 09:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 30 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Are there more problems on this topic mate?

Not really. One little issue: when I stop the replay, the marker/cursor/whatever stops, too, but doesn´t return to his initial place. That´s a bit annoying. biggrin.gif And I can´t export into .mp3...

Don´t you know any good Cubase tutorials?

Here´s a little test for you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Mar 30 2009, 09:01 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Test.wav ( 4.04MB ) Number of downloads: 76

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2009, 09:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 30 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Not really. One little issue: when I stop the replay, the marker/cursor/whatever stops, too, but doesn´t return to his initial place. That´s a bit annoying. biggrin.gif And I can´t export into .mp3...

Don´t you know any good Cubase tutorials?

Here´s a little test for you. smile.gif

Very nice test file mate, love the melody! smile.gif

Regarding the issue, Go to File>Preferences>Transport (left)>Check "Return to Start Position on Stop"

Awesome tutorial is from Steinberg itself, its called Steinberg Internal Mixing Vol 1 and 2. They are around 50$ but really worth the price. Once you go through them (or at least Vol 1) - you will learn all about Cubase & Nuendo.

EDIT: about exporting to mp3, try installing some mp3 codec or something. Check out this:
http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/How_to_i...M_MP3_Codec.htm

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 30 2009, 09:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 30 2009, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 30 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Very nice test file mate, love the melody! smile.gif

Regarding the issue, Go to File>Preferences>Transport (left)>Check "Return to Start Position on Stop"

Awesome tutorial is from Steinberg itself, its called Steinberg Internal Mixing Vol 1 and 2. They are around 50$ but really worth the price. Once you go through them (or at least Vol 1) - you will learn all about Cubase & Nuendo.

EDIT: about exporting to mp3, try installing some mp3 codec or something. Check out this:
http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/How_to_i...M_MP3_Codec.htm

Great, Ivan! I´ll try the mp3 codec thing tomorrow. smile.gif I believe that those books are first-class, but they´re really expensive for me (who doesn´t who if he will stay with Cubase. smile.gif )

PS: That cursor issue is solved now. Thanks! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Mar 30 2009, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2009, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 30 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Great, Ivan! I´ll try the mp3 codec thing tomorrow. smile.gif I believe that those books are first-class, but they´re really expensive for me (who doesn´t who if he will stay with Cubase. smile.gif )

PS: That cursor issue is solved now. Thanks! wink.gif

No prob mate ! smile.gif

PS those tutorials are actually pro video tutorials. Try searching "Steinberg Internal Mixing" in google, possibly there are better deals for them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 31 2009, 02:33 AM
Instructor
Tolek I see Emir has helped you a lot, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 02:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
@Ivan
The MP3 thing doesn´t work. sad.gif I did it the way it was described, but nothing changed.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 31 2009, 02:33 AM) *
Tolek I see Emir has helped you a lot, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks, Pedja! smile.gif I´ll contact you if I´ll have troubles.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2009, 07:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 31 2009, 02:11 PM) *
@Ivan
The MP3 thing doesn´t work. sad.gif I did it the way it was described, but nothing changed.

Oh, sorry to hear that man. sad.gif I hope you will resolve this issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 31 2009, 08:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
If you export as an audio mixdown, you should be able to choose a format provided you have the correct codec. I haven't got Cubase in front of me since I'm at work, but I could give you a step by step approach once I get back home if you like.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 08:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sure, would be helpful! smile.gif However, I go to bed soon... Just send me a PM when you have some time!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 31 2009, 09:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru
What kind of Cubase do you use? I use SX3 and when I go to File-Export-Audio Mixdown there is MP3 choosable as output format? It may be caused by Linux if you use it - it doesnt have MP3 codecs as default (its not free format - they use .ogg instead smile.gif)

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have Cubase AI4 and Windows Vista. When I try to export it, there´s only .wma., .wav and 2 other options, but no .mp3.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 31 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Then just download some freeware WMA to MP3 converter as this one and as output format use .wma smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 31 2009, 09:48 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 31 2009, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Why should I make live complicated if there´s an easier way? biggrin.gif I managed to implement the MP3 function into Reaper, but not yet into Cubase... smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:07 PM