Dexxter, Weekly Assignment
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Hi. The next assigment is on the 25th of October.

I want you to play the same thing as last time but in 16th notes like I did the 2nd time on the video. Good luck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Oct 18 2009, 09:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru
So here's the one in 8th notes. No mistakes this time smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Very good. Sometimes you're changing the picking direction. If you go for a slide and miss one stroke you shouldn't change the direction. Every 1st beat should be downstroke. The rest is all good.

Now 16th notes smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Oct 18 2009, 10:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 18 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Very good. Sometimes you're changing the picking direction. If you go for a slide and miss one stroke you shouldn't change the direction. Every 1st beat should be downstroke. The rest is all good.

Now 16th notes smile.gif

ohmy.gif Wow, I didn't know I did that. Need to practice that!

Yes boss wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Oct 26 2009, 01:57 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Okay, this is my best take tonight. Still shift my picking when I slide dry.gif messed up the notes a bit at the ending, it's still hard to not mess up the notes in the shapes when going a little faster

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Oct 26 2009, 01:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 08:56 PM
Instructor
Hi.

Sorry for this long delay. I am finally back and ready to continue.

This take is very good. I know there are some parts where you almost got lost but you managed to finish the whole thing and that's more important for me. If I need to grade this from 1 to 10 this one would be 7. I am sure you can make this better so we're moving on and not going back.

The next one is a bit more tricky. You have a week to do it - next Sunday - November the 22nd.

1. Produce backing track with the following progression:
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am |
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am, C#7 |
F#m | E | D | A, C#7 |
F#m | E/G# | D | E7 |
A (major) |

One chord between the bar lines ( like |Am| ) presents one bar in 4/4. Two chords like | Am, C#7 | present each chord half a bar.

2. Play 16th notes like in your last video and move through the positions. As many positions as you can.

3. Tempo is your choice (try something similar like the last one).

4. The track doesnt need to be complex. Just one drum loop with root bass notes and chords on the keyboard or guitar.

5. Write down which modes you are playing over each chord. Each chord belongs to a different major scale mode. For example you will start with A aeolian over Am chord, then move to D dorian over D minor 7 and E mixolydian over E7. The rest you work out. While it is obvious that you are in C major scale in the first section I want you to think of the modal root of that chord. If you want to start from the A Aeolian position 1 you will realize that you are actually playing 5th position of the C major scale.

6. Produce a video and post it on this thread

Good luck smile.gif

p.s. you can ask all questions on the normal MTP thread

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 23 2009, 02:19 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Sorry Emir, I've been busy this week with rehearsing and doing a gig, and now I am studying for a test tomorrow. I have made the backing track and written down what modes I will play over each chord, I just need to make a video when I pull off playing over it. I'll do it as fast as I can, hopefully in a few days.

Good to have you back and I hope everything is ok with you.

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 15 2009, 08:56 PM) *
Hi.

Sorry for this long delay. I am finally back and ready to continue.

This take is very good. I know there are some parts where you almost got lost but you managed to finish the whole thing and that's more important for me. If I need to grade this from 1 to 10 this one would be 7. I am sure you can make this better so we're moving on and not going back.

The next one is a bit more tricky. You have a week to do it - next Sunday - November the 22nd.

1. Produce backing track with the following progression:
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am |
Am | Dm7 | E7 | Am, C#7 |
F#m | E | D | A, C#7 |
F#m | E/G# | D | E7 |
A (major) |

One chord between the bar lines ( like |Am| ) presents one bar in 4/4. Two chords like | Am, C#7 | present each chord half a bar.

2. Play 16th notes like in your last video and move through the positions. As many positions as you can.

3. Tempo is your choice (try something similar like the last one).

4. The track doesnt need to be complex. Just one drum loop with root bass notes and chords on the keyboard or guitar.

5. Write down which modes you are playing over each chord. Each chord belongs to a different major scale mode. For example you will start with A aeolian over Am chord, then move to D dorian over D minor 7 and E mixolydian over E7. The rest you work out. While it is obvious that you are in C major scale in the first section I want you to think of the modal root of that chord. If you want to start from the A Aeolian position 1 you will realize that you are actually playing 5th position of the C major scale.

6. Produce a video and post it on this thread

Good luck smile.gif

p.s. you can ask all questions on the normal MTP thread

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 23 2009, 03:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 23 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Sorry Emir, I've been busy this week with rehearsing and doing a gig, and now I am studying for a test tomorrow. I have made the backing track and written down what modes I will play over each chord, I just need to make a video when I pull off playing over it. I'll do it as fast as I can, hopefully in a few days.

Good to have you back and I hope everything is ok with you.

Ok Dexxter, take your time and I will wait for that. Thanks for the update.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 1 2009, 05:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Dexxter

Looks like this round has finished. I have already received a list of new members and we'll need to close this month thread. However if you have started working on the last assignment feel free to post it anywhere on forum. I'd be happy to give you my comment.

Thanks for taking part in the MTP program smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:34 PM