2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Zoom 9.2tt Against Line6 Pod Xt Live, which one is better?
ezravdb
May 20 2007, 09:29 PM
GMC:er
Hey ppl

so, Im planing to buy a kick ass guitar modeling live pedalboard for recording and gigs.

And I kinda have 2 options now:

the Line6 Pod XT Live as you all know

AND THIS ONE:
ZOOM G9.2tt

Man I felt in love with it on first sight :O Its so beautiful and shiny. OMG
And it has the Z pedal!!! Which can turn horizontal and vertical!! (WHAMMY + WAH STUFF kicks ass!!!)
Kiko Loureiro is a fan of it too.

AND The Zoom G9.2tt COMES WITH CUBASE LE, exactly the program I want! (right?)

THe Zoom = 400 euro's
Line6 = 439 euro's

here in Holland.

SO, which one to buy extually? I don't know, I think the Zoom is a good buy. But I don't know if the line6 has more options and stuff....

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! YOU CAN GIVE ME!
This is a really important decision for me.

greets, Ezravdb

KEEP ROCKING /m/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ezravdb: May 20 2007, 09:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 20 2007, 11:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The Zoom looks extremely cool

Here's reviews at Harmony central. Take em for what they are... some reviews are made by ppl who never compared their stuff with anything else and throw in a 10 or a 1. The interesting parts is where ppl can say something compared to similar stuff.

...the Zoom seem to have a tube in it. Cool! Also check out the Vox Tonelab LE then... it's also equipped with a tube tube. (There's an SE aswell but I belive the LE is the better choice)

Make SURE what you intend to buy can connect to the peripherals you want. Like a computer. I belive I remember reading the VOX doesn't have USB connection but something else instead. The Line6 I'm sure does, the Zoom I guess it does.

Zoom
POD XT Live
VOX

EDIT: added the link to VOX LE

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 20 2007, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 21 2007, 12:05 AM
probably either will be fine. I have the Zoom G9.2tt. I think that the tubes do add something to it. The 2 normal pedals are solid, the whole thing is solid. the third pedal is a nice feature to have. I can get great pinch harmonics using even the most unlikely humbucker pickups. My understanding is that prior to this line (which all use the same processor) Zoom was not of the quality of some others, but the new line is certainly at least the equal of any other similar item in its price range. still you will have those who say "get digitech, all others are trash", or whatever. Just like they do with rifles. Winchester, Remington, Browning, even Savage, all are fine rifles. But some will have to say that the one they are using is far better than all others.

I also have the g1x (one for upstairs, one for downstairs). As I said, the new line all use the same processor. But the g9 certainly is a cut above the g1x. maybe a lot of that is the tubes. not sure. but the sound of the higher end unit is certainly superior. the layout is also nice i think. I like the A and B channels for each "patch". I believe you can have up to 160 patches, I forget how many. More than you will ever need. The two channels for each are controlled with a foot switch. For each patch you can set the equalizer, volume, gain, amp model differently for the two channels. The equalizer has 6 ranges. The highest one really does put you into "get harmonics no matter where you damp the string" mode. That is, with certain of the amp models.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 21 2007, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 21 2007, 07:17 AM
Awesome, thanks for your help!
I really appreciate it.
Ill read everything when Im back from school.
Fkalich: How do you like the Z pedal?

THANKS!,
Ezravdb

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Igorrr
May 21 2007, 08:38 PM
I had the G7.1ut and liked it very much. I sold it to a friend of mine who desperately needed to have a pedal ASAP. I was planning to upgrade anyway.

I was torn between the G9.2tt and the POD XT Live as well. I ended up with the POD when I found out that you can add all BASS POD XT sounds to the POD as well....

Anyway if I had to compare the G7.1ut with the POD XT I'd say the following:

pro POD XT:
+ Different Cab Simulations (this really has one of the greatest impact of tone. Unless you have a great 4x12 cab already this makes a difference).
+ semi parametric 4 band eq (no Q settings). (ZOOM has 6 band graphic EQ. I prefer parametric)
+ More amps models - availibility to update sounds

pro ZOOM G7.1ut:
+ The tube does have a very positive effect on the sound.
+ extremely fast switching between presets (POD is only slightly slower, but forget the VAMP or POD 2.0)
+ I liked the effects more on the zoom, especially the harmonizer or pitch shifting with the expr. pedal.

pro ZOOM G9.2tt (not tested myself but definite plus')
+ 2 expression pedals (one of them 3D) vs the single one on the POD
+ Send and Return!!! Integrate your other effects if you have any (GREAT FEATURE!!!)

Personally I find the POD XT is slightly better as the G7.1ut, but believe that the G9.2tt beats the POD in it's versatility. You can get really great sounds out of both and since the ZOOM is cheaper there should not be many 2nd thoughts in going with it.

Concerning Cubase LE, it's ok if you are starting multi track recording on your PC. I am running Cubase 4 (upgraded from SX 3) and find it to be a great product. It depends on what you want to do. Anyway LE is a great start and you can get a lot of free VST plugins at kvraudio.com.

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 21 2007, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ May 21 2007, 01:17 AM) *
Awesome, thanks for your help!
I really appreciate it.
Ill read everything when Im back from school.
Fkalich: How do you like the Z pedal?

THANKS!,
Ezravdb

I have not used it. It is not as comfortable to use as the other two pedals as you may know, it rests on top of the second pedal and you rotate it with your foot. However I highly expect that some use can be made of it. I feel that 2 pedals is probably enough for most things, but the 3rd is just a nice bonus. I expect a person could come up with some interesting and fresh effects if they took the effort and put their head into it. At first the instructions seemed a bit overwhelming. I feel they are clearly written, just so many controls. But they are not as difficult as they seem once you see through all that. It is something you will mess with for a long time getting sounds that you like, or improving them. The noise gate is great on it b.t.w. Really quiet.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 25 2007, 03:39 PM
AWESOME! thanks fkalich and Igorrr!

I think I am going for the Zoom G9.2tt!

thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt
May 25 2007, 03:48 PM
line 6 podxtl all the way. line6 has the better modeling technology. better than zoom and vox. up to 72 amp models, 28 bass amps, 70 something affects, 8 wahs, all modeled on real amps and effects, if im not mistaken zooms modeling is fairly generic in terms of specifics amps it models

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Igorrr
May 25 2007, 03:57 PM
It also depends what you are playing... I found that the POD XT for metal you really need to purchase the extra metal pack!!! The ZOOM has great hi-gain sounds out of the box!!

IMO if the ZOOM had the same Cab Sim options as the POD there would be no more significant reasons to consider the POD XT. The preamps are on par on both....

This post has been edited by Igorrr: May 25 2007, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 26 2007, 12:57 PM
hell, i'm going to try them both in the store and I'll see.
1 thing i know for sure: The Zoom g9.2tt looks alot better than the pod biggrin.gif and is cheaper.

so ill see and I dont need bass amps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Underworld of Fa...
May 27 2007, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ May 26 2007, 07:57 AM) *
hell, i'm going to try them both in the store and I'll see.
1 thing i know for sure: The Zoom g9.2tt looks alot better than the pod biggrin.gif and is cheaper.

so ill see and I dont need bass amps smile.gif

Ezravdb, let us know your input once you did try both. I'm curious.

Jacques

--------------------
My equipment: Line 6 705 Variax Sunburst 5 string bass, Fender Squire Strat Standard Candy Apple Red with Maple neck, Fender Squire Strat Affinity Green with Rosewood neck that looks like shit but is awesome to play with, Yamaha 12 string GTR that sounds great, Line 6 Toneport KB37, Line 6 Gearbox plug-in, Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010, Tama drum set, Roland U-20 (use as a controller), Yamaha Promix-01, Tannoy studio monitors, Alesis Matica 500 studio power amp, Behringer B2-PRO studio mic, DBX 266 compressor, Alesis D4 drum module, Nuendo, Waves plug-ins, Reason 3...

Future plan purchases: Line 6 Variax 600 maple neck, Line 6 Powerpack add-on, Line 6 Triple Pack add-on, Electronic drum set, Toontrack Superior 2 (drums plug-in - coming out soon).

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 27 2007, 08:11 PM
ok, I am going to buy it saturday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Underworld of Fa...
May 27 2007, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ May 27 2007, 03:11 PM) *
ok, I am going to buy it saturday.

Ezravdb,

I went and check the zoom website and I noticed there's only about 40 amps, 1 cabinet and some effects. I think the PodXT Live got much more then that. You would have to really like to listen to them before purchasing anything because the PodXT Live seems to be a better deal. I checked the prices on line for both products and they are exactly the same ($399US each).

Jacques

This post has been edited by Underworld of Fantasy: May 27 2007, 10:32 PM

--------------------
My equipment: Line 6 705 Variax Sunburst 5 string bass, Fender Squire Strat Standard Candy Apple Red with Maple neck, Fender Squire Strat Affinity Green with Rosewood neck that looks like shit but is awesome to play with, Yamaha 12 string GTR that sounds great, Line 6 Toneport KB37, Line 6 Gearbox plug-in, Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010, Tama drum set, Roland U-20 (use as a controller), Yamaha Promix-01, Tannoy studio monitors, Alesis Matica 500 studio power amp, Behringer B2-PRO studio mic, DBX 266 compressor, Alesis D4 drum module, Nuendo, Waves plug-ins, Reason 3...

Future plan purchases: Line 6 Variax 600 maple neck, Line 6 Powerpack add-on, Line 6 Triple Pack add-on, Electronic drum set, Toontrack Superior 2 (drums plug-in - coming out soon).

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 27 2007, 10:57 PM
Instructor
Yeah man post some pics of it, ok?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jun 2 2007, 04:24 PM
Ok, I have bought the Line6 Pod XT LIVE.
THe guy at the store told me that the line6 was better because you can choose much more for the sound and with recording. (a whole story over that)
And the zoom wasnt really much better except for some tiny little things.

So, Im now trying to figure out how it works biggrin.gif

im goin to downlload al those programs on the line6 site now. and play with it for a while.

still need pictures? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 2 2007, 04:30 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jun 2 2007, 11:24 AM) *
THe guy at the store told me that the line6 was better because you can choose much more for the sound and with recording. (a whole story over that)

im goin to downlload al those programs on the line6 site now. and play with it for a while.

A very wise choice - welcome to the Line 6 Family smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Matt
Jun 2 2007, 04:41 PM
couldnt agree more with andrew

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jun 2 2007, 04:49 PM
d8mn, i cant log in to the Monkey software while im using the right uisername and password :s

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 2 2007, 05:30 PM) *
A very wise choice - welcome to the Line 6 Family smile.gif

'thanks cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
Underworld of Fa...
Jun 3 2007, 07:36 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jun 2 2007, 11:24 AM) *

ezravdb, GREAT choice!! I'm finally getting this week the 2 add-on packs I wanted for the Toneport smile.gif

Jacques

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 3 2007, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jun 2 2007, 10:24 AM) *

that salesman needs to write a review on harmony-central, those people who have reviewed the two items are clearly wrong, the consensus actually found the zoom to be a little superior. glad that got cleared up here.

all these items are fine. pretty much you get what you pay for. i like my zoom. the 3 expression pedals may be overkill, maybe. not sure yet. but i do want two of them. and i do believe the tubes add something to the sound.

however i am sure the line6 is fine, and i would be satisfied with it. except i would want a second expression pedal. typically i use one as a volume pedal, the other can do whatever. the third, have not use it yet.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 3 2007, 10:42 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:31 PM