3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Play And Rest Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 11:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 21 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Well, maybe it's alright, I'm just REALLY self-critic all the time laugh.gif But the edited version sounds a lot better doesn't it? smile.gif

Well if you think so ... smile.gif
Seriously I don't see anything wrong with noedit version. The sound is a bit different and some places here and there but I like it overall its very good!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 20 2009, 11:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 21 2009, 12:13 AM) *
Well if you think so ... smile.gif
Seriously I don't see anything wrong with noedit version. The sound is a bit different and some places here and there but I like it overall its very good!

In the noedit version I think the flow stopped in the middle for some bars.. But thanks smile.gif After all, you're the master here wink.gif
Looking forward to comments, I always enjoy your collabs Pedja smile.gif You can put me up on the auto-signup list if you want wink.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Jul 20 2009, 11:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 21 2009, 06:33 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Pedja,
Here's another take. This one is a bit more improvized than the first. I notice that I'm getting better at playing 1 and resting 1. I still got a little carried away with the delay, but toned it down a lot so you can better hear the part. Funny, how all that space in the empty measures seems to want to get filled with echoes. biggrin.gif I plan to keep working on this till the 24th so let me know what you think I should work on. smile.gif

Attached File  20090720_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 130

Jim.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 21 2009, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
I've improvised both a guitar and a keyboard take. The keyboard take is a little bit stricter and the guitar one is more of a solo where I keep in mind to have breakes and to listen to my playing. I'd like to have been able to put more time into it and I will keep this in mind and practise it later (promise). But right now I'm very tired and I can't work on this more this week. After the weekend I'll invest some time in my playing again. But I hope you like it, I did try my best.

This post has been edited by Oxac: Jul 21 2009, 05:16 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Play___rest_Keys_with_backi.mp3 ( 588.49K ) Number of downloads: 111
Attached File  Play___Rest_guitar_with_bac.mp3 ( 588.49K ) Number of downloads: 101

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 22 2009, 11:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
In the noedit version I think the flow stopped in the middle for some bars.. But thanks smile.gif After all, you're the master here wink.gif
Looking forward to comments, I always enjoy your collabs Pedja smile.gif You can put me up on the auto-signup list if you want wink.gif smile.gif

Max both takes were great I just prefer noedit version more (has more natural flow and improvisation aspect to it!) smile.gif
I will put you on auto-signup list no worries. Comments will be published before 1st of August for sure , will send you PM when its all ready. Thanks Max!

QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 21 2009, 07:33 AM) *
Pedja,
Here's another take. This one is a bit more improvized than the first. I notice that I'm getting better at playing 1 and resting 1. I still got a little carried away with the delay, but toned it down a lot so you can better hear the part. Funny, how all that space in the empty measures seems to want to get filled with echoes. biggrin.gif I plan to keep working on this till the 24th so let me know what you think I should work on. smile.gif

Attached File  20090720_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 130

Jim.

Hey Jim,

This take shows that you are expanding and exploring things over this backing track. I like the first take more as it sounds more structured and organized. I also like development and melody in first one. Keep working or if you want I can choose whichever version you prefer for final mix. Let me know, deadline is 24th. Thanks Jim!

QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 21 2009, 06:11 PM) *
I've improvised both a guitar and a keyboard take. The keyboard take is a little bit stricter and the guitar one is more of a solo where I keep in mind to have breakes and to listen to my playing. I'd like to have been able to put more time into it and I will keep this in mind and practise it later (promise). But right now I'm very tired and I can't work on this more this week. After the weekend I'll invest some time in my playing again. But I hope you like it, I did try my best.

Olle interesting take. I did not expect something like this when you asked me for backing without keys. I am thinking hard what should I give you comment on here - keyboard playing, guitar , both or overall sound and quality ?
It reminds me of some background music from Serbian movies by the way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 22 2009, 12:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 22 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Max both takes were great I just prefer noedit version more (has more natural flow and improvisation aspect to it!) smile.gif
I will put you on auto-signup list no worries. Comments will be published before 1st of August for sure , will send you PM when its all ready. Thanks Max!

Oh, you surprised me ohmy.gif Thanks smile.gif Will try to only hand you totally improvised takes in the future. After all, that's one of my goals smile.gif

Ok, looking forward to it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 22 2009, 12:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 22 2009, 01:04 PM) *
Oh, you surprised me ohmy.gif Thanks smile.gif Will try to only hand you totally improvised takes in the future. After all, that's one of my goals smile.gif

Ok, looking forward to it! smile.gif

I would very much like that man!
Cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 22 2009, 02:42 PM
I wasn't able to find a good sound for my keyboard solo, this one sounds really static >.< but the commenting is up to you smile.gif

But this way I was able to pracise some rythm guitar as well biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Oxac: Jul 22 2009, 02:44 PM

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 22 2009, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 22 2009, 03:42 PM) *
I wasn't able to find a good sound for my keyboard solo, this one sounds really static >.< but the commenting is up to you smile.gif

But this way I was able to pracise some rythm guitar as well biggrin.gif

Ok Olle, I will see what I can do man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 23 2009, 05:12 PM
Instructor
My solo on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdYMRCanLE

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jul 24 2009, 12:01 PM
here is my take pedja

for the first part I did play one rest one
than I switched it to rest one play one. if its not ok please tell me so that I can change my take asap because I am not at home from sunday to thusday (every week until november!!!)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  enforcer_pedja_playrestcollab_dryguitar.mp3 ( 584.21K ) Number of downloads: 113
Attached File  enforcer_pedja_playrestcollab_wbt.mp3 ( 584.21K ) Number of downloads: 129

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 24 2009, 05:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jul 24 2009, 01:01 PM) *
here is my take pedja

for the first part I did play one rest one
than I switched it to rest one play one. if its not ok please tell me so that I can change my take asap because I am not at home from sunday to thusday (every week until november!!!)

Can I heard your take several times and every time I heard it I wondered what you were trying to do smile.gif
It sounds mostly play two rest two or something along those lines anyways. You hold the ending note in your phrases very long which results in new another bar. What you should do instead is have silence and cut of note.
I can accept this take if you want me to, since today is the deadline.
Let me know man

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jul 24 2009, 06:17 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 24 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Can I heard your take several times and every time I heard it I wondered what you were trying to do smile.gif
It sounds mostly play two rest two or something along those lines anyways. You hold the ending note in your phrases very long which results in new another bar. What you should do instead is have silence and cut of note.
I can accept this take if you want me to, since today is the deadline.
Let me know man

hmm maybe I understood the concept a little wrong?

I tried to do something like this

I played in 1st and 2nd bars, then rested for 3rd and 4th than played in 5th and 6th than rested in 7th and 8th, started to play with 9th and 10th and kept playing in 11th and 12th and rested 1.5 bars played 1.5 bars and reached 16th where I rest and I play in 17th bar rest in 19th and 20th than I play the finale in 21th bar...

maybe I should just play one bar and one bar rest smile.gif I'll give it a go tomorrow morning if its possible, if not and you accept this in this state, that will fit too. I am sorry man, I think I didnt had much time to think about it biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
berko
Jul 24 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Pedja,

this is my take, a pretty minimalist one I must admit and messy at some places, but anyway.

I was surprised that you used Reason for the BT, have you always been using it? I've tried it a lot on my friend's computer and I really liked those "racks" and how the interface is designed. I've read that their the new Propellerhead Record is going to be out soon for analog instrument recordings biggrin.gif But for programming midi and then assigning drums, keys etc. Reason could be the best among all samplers with it's cool plug-ins.

Anyway, thanks for doing this collab even in this hot summer (30 degrees celsius in my room). Although many people are busy or just tired to participate, it's great to see your dedication!

Attached File  playrest_collab_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 907.06K ) Number of downloads: 123

Attached File  playrest_collab_berko_noBT.mp3 ( 907.06K ) Number of downloads: 125

This post has been edited by berko: Jul 24 2009, 08:00 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 24 2009, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jul 24 2009, 07:17 PM) *
hmm maybe I understood the concept a little wrong?

I tried to do something like this

I played in 1st and 2nd bars, then rested for 3rd and 4th than played in 5th and 6th than rested in 7th and 8th, started to play with 9th and 10th and kept playing in 11th and 12th and rested 1.5 bars played 1.5 bars and reached 16th where I rest and I play in 17th bar rest in 19th and 20th than I play the finale in 21th bar...

maybe I should just play one bar and one bar rest smile.gif I'll give it a go tomorrow morning if its possible, if not and you accept this in this state, that will fit too. I am sorry man, I think I didnt had much time to think about it biggrin.gif

That works Can since a lot of guys mixed play rest patterns smile.gif I can keep that one no problem man wink.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Jul 24 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Hi Pedja,

this is my take, a pretty minimalist one I must admit and messy at some places, but anyway.

I was surprised that you used Reason for the BT, have you always been using it? I've tried it a lot on my friend's computer and I really liked those "racks" and how the interface is designed. I've read that their the new Propellerhead Record is going to be out soon for analog instrument recordings biggrin.gif But for programming midi and then assigning drums, keys etc. Reason could be the best among all samplers with it's cool plug-ins.

Anyway, thanks for doing this collab even in this hot summer (30 degrees celsius in my room). Although many people are busy or just tired to participate, it's great to see your dedication!

Attached File  playrest_collab_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 907.06K ) Number of downloads: 123

Attached File  playrest_collab_berko_noBT.mp3 ( 907.06K ) Number of downloads: 125

Hey Berko,
Thanks for submitting your take man. It sounds interesting and I really like sound of your guitar in there.
You are right, its pretty hot (I would even say insane) weather. Temperature has been ranging in my town for past 10 days between 35 and 40 degrees celzius. Pretty crazy smile.gif So I know how you feel and others (in Europe at least smile.gif to sit with guitar at this temperature.
Thanks for finding time to record man, I will use it for final mix smile.gif

Reason is my favorite and I use it with Nuendo (I activate EZDrummer in Nuendo- rest is Reason). I will do in future some backing tracks with strings and such. Really want to explore Reason and apply my arranging skills in there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Jul 25 2009, 03:47 AM
Here's my take - right under the wire... Thanks for letting me in on this. It was fun. Unfortunately, I procrastinated. Leaving myself with just tonight to come up with something. It was so challenging/interesting that I wish I had more time to really concentrate.

Attached File  TheKeplerConjecture_Play_rest_collaboration.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 294

Attached File  TheKeplerConjecture_Play_rest_collaboration_NBT.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 127

Thanks again, and sorry for cutting it so close to the deadline.

This post has been edited by TheKeplerConjecture: Jul 25 2009, 05:52 AM

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 25 2009, 06:40 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hi Pedja:
Here's my final take. I tried to use a little bit of all three scales (Gmin Pentatonic, G Aeolian Mode, D Phrygian Dominant) where appropriate. I hope it turned out ok. Thanks again for a great colab. This was fun and a great experience. By the time I was done, I was getting pretty good at playing one, resting one.

10:41pm! It's still the 24th. I finished with plenty of time to spare! biggrin.gif

Jim.

Attached File  20090724_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 121

Attached File  20090724_PlayRestCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 120

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jul 25 2009, 06:44 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 25 2009, 08:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Jul 25 2009, 04:47 AM) *
Here's my take - right under the wire... Thanks for letting me in on this. It was fun. Unfortunately, I procrastinated. Leaving myself with just tonight to come up with something. It was so challenging/interesting that I wish I had more time to really concentrate.

Attached File  TheKeplerConjecture_Play_rest_collaboration.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 294

Attached File  TheKeplerConjecture_Play_rest_collaboration_NBT.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 127

Thanks again, and sorry for cutting it so close to the deadline.

No problem, you actually did great with following rules. Sometimes you played into the next bar a beat or so but other than that you did really well.
Glad you could make it !

QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 25 2009, 07:40 AM) *
Hi Pedja:
Here's my final take. I tried to use a little bit of all three scales (Gmin Pentatonic, G Aeolian Mode, D Phrygian Dominant) where appropriate. I hope it turned out ok. Thanks again for a great colab. This was fun and a great experience. By the time I was done, I was getting pretty good at playing one, resting one.

10:41pm! It's still the 24th. I finished with plenty of time to spare! biggrin.gif

Jim.

Attached File  20090724_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 121

Attached File  20090724_PlayRestCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Excellent final take Jim. I like this one the best !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 26 2009, 05:31 PM
Pedja, im having computer problems again and wont have my computer back for a few weeks... this take will have to do, i wont be able to record another one for this reason..

thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2009, 07:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jul 26 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Pedja, im having computer problems again and wont have my computer back for a few weeks... this take will have to do, i wont be able to record another one for this reason..

thanks

No problem John. I just started mixing today and will include your original take there. Thanks man!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:10 PM