5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
New Competition: Coversong, Enter Sandman by Metallica
audiopaal
Jun 8 2008, 02:29 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
It is my pleasure to present to you a new competition which will be done alongside this months Wiki-competition.

The Coversong competition!

Sigma7 had a great idea for a competition in this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=16114

I have chosen a song you will be covering, and it is.. *drumroll* Enter Sandman by Metallica
You can choose to cover the whole song with all instruments or just the guitartracks, and judging will be based on two different criterias, Sound and quality of playing as well as how it is filmed and the quality of production! This is explained further down!

Prizes:

The three top entries will win a GMC T-shirt!

And to make things more interresting I will personally give/send an additional prize to the winner:

Line6 PocketPod

Attached Image

The reason I'm giving this away as a prize is because two days after I bought it I got my BOSS GT-10, so there's probably plenty of people here who needs it more than me and will actually use it! It's a great practicing tool and through headphones the sound is pretty much awesome smile.gif There's even a line-out for recording! This prize will go to the highest ranking member!

+ a special prize for the Instructor with the most votes wink.gif

Please read the rules before posting.
All entries should be posted on YOUTUBE, because of copyright issues!
Everyone should reupload their songs to Youtube as it is written in the competition text.

I'm sorry, but this is how it is need to be done!

All entries which are not reuploaded to youtube, will unfortunately be disqualified!!!
I really don't want anyone to be disqualified, as there are so many awesome entries here smile.gif
So please reupload them as soon as possible smile.gif

I'll postpone the deadline to the end of this week, so have them up on youtube by sunday and you're still in the competition! (13.07.2008)

The competition will work as follows:

1. Make a cover version of the song, and post the video on Youtube!
2. All entries posted on Youtube within the qualifying period will be entered into the competition!
3. The competition will be closed by the end of Tuesday, 8th of July. 4 weeks should be sufficient!
4. Judging will be by votes. I will create a poll with two different voting possibilities;
you can give one vote for best cover-version (sound and quality of playing) and one vote for best video
(how it is filmed and the quality of production). And then the winner is the one with the most votes overall!
5. All prizes are final.

If there is anything that is unclear about this competition, just ask and I will answer as soon as possible smile.gif

Let the covers rock and the competition roll! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jul 7 2008, 09:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 05:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds cool audio very kind of you to put up that prize cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bondy: Jun 8 2008, 05:36 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 8 2008, 09:56 AM
GMC Founder
Hey Paal - this is just awesome of you in every perspective - also the competition topic is a really cool one, can't wait to see the videos! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 8 2008, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Great competion but a question does it matter what tabs we use and do we have tp play the solo?

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 8 2008, 10:25 AM
Instructor
yeah great idea !!!! ehem... can instructors participate ??? rolleyes.gif

cool.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 8 2008, 10:25 AM
Instructor
great idea Audiopaal to present a gift to the winner in this competition .

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 8 2008, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
What a great idea.. I'll try to participate, really not sure I'll be able to though sad.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 8 2008, 12:33 PM
Sounds cool!

But can this be fairly jugged?

Will a guy playing a 3 chord song make the same change as a guy playing rusty's under the influence? Or vica verse because 3 chords are way easier to play then some shreding stuff. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 8 2008, 01:08 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jun 8 2008, 06:35 AM) *
Sounds cool audio very kind of you to put up that prize cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Thanks mate, hope you'll participate smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 8 2008, 10:56 AM) *
Hey Paal - this is just awesome of you in every perspective - also the competition topic is a really cool one, can't wait to see the videos! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris, glad you like it smile.gif
I'm really looking forward to the videos too smile.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Jun 8 2008, 11:10 AM) *
Great competion but a question does it matter what tabs we use and do we have tp play the solo?

You can cover the song the way you like it, so use whatever tabs you want smile.gif
Yes, the solo should be played as well.
But you can make your own version of the song though, it's a coversong contest so you can cover it Superize style if you want! Whatever needs to be done with the song and the video to make people here vote for you smile.gif

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jun 8 2008, 11:25 AM) *
yeah great idea !!!! ehem... can instructors participate ??? rolleyes.gif

cool.gif tongue.gif

Everybody can participate Juan cool.gif

I will give my prize (PocketPod) to the highest ranking member of this competition though,
as I believe they need that piece of gear more than you Instructors wink.gif

Hope you understand smile.gif

Maybe I'll add a special Instructor prize as well though, need a new hat Juan? laugh.gif

Hope you'll participate!

QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Jun 8 2008, 11:25 AM) *
great idea Audiopaal to present a gift to the winner in this competition .

Thanks Hisham smile.gif

QUOTE (Iluha @ Jun 8 2008, 01:11 PM) *
What a great idea.. I'll try to participate, really not sure I'll be able to though sad.gif

Come on Iluha, you'll do great!! smile.gif Please try smile.gif

QUOTE (Mark. @ Jun 8 2008, 01:33 PM) *
Sounds cool!

But can this be fairly jugged?

Will a guy playing a 3 chord song make the same change as a guy playing rusty's under the influence? Or vica verse because 3 chords are way easier to play then some shreding stuff. mellow.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Well since the judging will be by votes, it's the coversong the members here at GMC likes the most that will be the winner. There will also as I mentioned be more than one criteria to vote for, so you should really think of how you make the video as well. I think it's a fair way to judge it, but I might be wrong?

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 8 2008, 01:29 PM
Awesome competition! smile.gif

I found a few Enter Sandman drum/bass tracks on the internet, can we use them in our entry?

And I'd just like to say it's extremely generous for you to add your own PocketPod for a prize! Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 8 2008, 01:34 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Jun 8 2008, 02:29 PM) *
Awesome competition! smile.gif

I found a few Enter Sandman drum/bass tracks on the internet, can we use them in our entry?

And I'd just like to say it's extremely generous for you to add your own PocketPod for a prize! Thanks! smile.gif

Thanks, glad you like it smile.gif

Of course, as long as you don't find any guitar tracks and already recorded videos tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 8 2008, 01:52 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 8 2008, 01:34 PM) *
Thanks, glad you like it smile.gif

Of course, as long as you don't find any guitar tracks and already recorded videos tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Cool, of course.

I found some backing tracks for the song here if anyone is interested. They're not great quality or anything but they're the best I can find. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 8 2008, 01:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a great competition , and awesome prizes too!! smile.gif
Can't wait to hear entries smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jun 8 2008, 01:57 PM
how about if you make your own backing track, that'd be a +?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 8 2008, 02:22 PM
awesome choice enter sandman im gonna practice
thanks for listening gmc and thanks for the comp. audiopall.
this is sick

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 8 2008, 02:27 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'll maybe have a go at this smile.gif

+Quote Post
silentkap
Jun 8 2008, 02:48 PM
nice compettion

--------------------
i go where the guitar takes me

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Jun 8 2008, 02:53 PM
Are we allowed to make our own version of it?
Gee, you must be a great guy...
Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jun 8 2008, 03:00 PM
I'll try this one! (but the song is so simple, yet hard. it annoys me!)

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 8 2008, 03:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
If you can't film, is audio with a picture ok as well?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 AM