I Am.. Amazed. Zakk Wylde Emgs, Fantastic
Erik Johnson
Feb 28 2008, 05:17 AM
GMC:er
I just got my Epiphone Les Paul Standard's Pickups changed to Zakk Wylde EMGs. They are absolutely incredible. They are active, which is a DEFINITE change for me. I love them!!! They are absolutely fantastic!!!

Does anyone have any advice for other pickups that sound about as great without the large price? ($248~)

I'm looking to replace my Pacifica's pickups, and I wasn't sure if I should just spend the money for the ZW-EMG Set, or go for something else that might even be the same price or higher, but sound as great or better. I'm open to any suggestions. It's just such a change going from the stock pickups to active EMGs. I'm blown away by the sound quality!!!

Should I keep putting them in other guitars? Should I go back to regular non-active pickups? How long is the battery life on average? (According to what I've read, people said around 3000 hours, but I'm just curious)

So, does anyone have any comments about active pickups?

Thanks!

// Erik Johnson

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Erik Johnson: Feb 28 2008, 05:20 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
...you will have taken your very first steps towards Johnson land...

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Modified), Yamaha Pacifica (Black; modified with different humbuckers and a few other things)

Equipment: Vox DA5 Digital Amp (It's a little weak, but fun nonetheless), Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Wishlist: An Ibanez RG Model, and a yummy Pavel and Andrew Cockburn JEM.. Mmmm. I'd also love a Marshall Stack. That'd be awesome. :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:28 AM