Waiting For Tomorrow With Suspense...
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
They say it's gonna be a heck of a snow storm tomorrow, where I live! They say the wind could be strong enough to knock down trees! ph34r.gif and it's gonna snow like never before...

It was calm, no winds, not so cold this morning, even the sun glimpsed a little... but now evening is starting and the sky is getting darker, the winds are blowing REALLY hard, it's so cold...

Have anyone of you ever been in real snow storm before? I remember once it snowed waist high in one day and the wind knocked down trees all around the town causing long black outs... It's not as tough as some tsunamis or hurricanes, but let me tell you when it's freezing outside and theres a black out, meaning your electrically heated house is almost as cold as outside, it's not fun living....

Wish us luck that it's not gonna be anything too devastating...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 06:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I wish you luck! I never been in such harsh weather smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 25 2008, 06:36 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif I've been in storms before, but never one that strong.
Good luck!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 25 2008, 06:41 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Yeah, I had to sleep in a snowcave 2 nights in the mountains of norway once..
We were a group that got caught off guard by a storm, awful weather but kinda cool to have experienced it smile.gif

I was around 14 years old at the time, so it's a while ago you might say wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 25 2008, 07:41 PM) *
Yeah, I had to sleep in a snowcave 2 nights in the mountains of norway once..
We were a group that got caught off guard by a storm, awful weather but kinda cool to have experienced it smile.gif

I was around 14 years old at the time, so it's a while ago you might say wink.gif

Say what? A Mountain climber, eh? That sounds like a heck of a 2 nights...

maybe I should say also that, that one time when it snowed waist high in one day... I wasn't as tall as now, but it was pretty damn much still wink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Fingers crossed!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 25 2008, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 25 2008, 06:46 PM) *
Say what? A Mountain climber, eh? That sounds like a heck of a 2 nights...

maybe I should say also that, that one time when it snowed waist high in one day... I wasn't as tall as now, but it was pretty damn much still wink.gif

Nah, not a mountainclimber..
We were going to a cabin in the mountains, very far away from anything else..
And a little over half way all hell broke loose laugh.gif

So we had to dig two snowcaves and stay there for almost two days..
It was actually pretty warm and nice inside the snowcave, but you could see and hear the weather outside being all crazy so everyone was a little afraid we'd snow in laugh.gif

But it turned out allright and we finally managed to get to the cabin, and let me tell you that the first night in a bed was awesome wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 25 2008, 07:56 PM) *
Nah, not a mountainclimber..
We were going to a cabin in the mountains, very far away from anything else..
And a little over half way all hell broke loose laugh.gif

So we had to dig two snowcaves and stay there for almost two days..
It was actually pretty warm and nice inside the snowcave, but you could see and hear the weather outside being all crazy so everyone was a little afraid we'd snow in laugh.gif

But it turned out allright and we finally managed to get to the cabin, and let me tell you that the first night in a bed was awesome wink.gif

Yeah, for somebody who doesn't know, it actually isn't that cold during snow storms, the wind just blows so hard that it actually is advised to dig in some snow cave or something if there isn't a house near by. I find it a fascinating fact smile.gif

--------------------
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 25 2008, 07:07 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 25 2008, 07:03 PM) *
Yeah, for somebody who doesn't know, it actually isn't that cold during snow storms, the wind just blows so hard that it actually is advised to dig in some snow cave or something if there isn't a house near by. I find it a fascinating fact smile.gif

That's true, it isn't that cold if you get away from the wind smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2008, 09:13 PM
Instructor
It snowed bigtime today here too, almost like in the middle of the winter! Everything is covered. THe weather became crazy, today all seasons changed place sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 26 2008, 06:56 AM
HAHA! just woke up and saw a pretty funny looking site.... I mean when it's bad weather I go smoke in our garage, but I opened the curtains this morning and my mothers husband was outside: there was snow coming from a 90 degree angle, he just stood there knee high in snow, hands in his pockets, with this funny looking grin on his face, desperately trying to smoke a cigarette which was actually taken by the wind later on!

So, Theres too much snow, and theres too much snow coming more, and the winds are fierce... but no black outs and as far as I know no trees falling down, atleast yet. smile.gif

Edit. well cars are getting stuck, of course. Let me tell ya at times like these, the guy with the tractor is getting a lot of appreciation...

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Mar 26 2008, 07:02 AM

--------------------
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:15 PM