Theory Chops?
The Professor
Mar 7 2013, 01:05 PM
Theory Instructor
Just so we can get an idea of where everyone is theory wise, here's a question for everyone.

What is the one part of your theory knowledge that you would most like to improve in 2013?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
DeGroot
Mar 7 2013, 06:47 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
My main goal going into this year was learning modes and applying it to music. I've been jamming to a lot of different backing tracks to get more familiar with each mode and its color.

Now I'm learning how to build chords that work with each mode. I'm going to be creating my own simpler jam tracks using chord combinations for each mode. Your tutorials have been insightful with explanations and learning how to build chords!

Still have a long way to go with learning all of this. Hopefully after I get the major modes down more solid, I'll can start exploring Melodic minor and Harmonic minor modes. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 7 2013, 06:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am a complete beginner in theory so for me all I care about is learning theory and applying it to the fretboard.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 7 2013, 10:37 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 7 2013, 05:47 PM) *
My main goal going into this year was learning modes and applying it to music. I've been jamming to a lot of different backing tracks to get more familiar with each mode and its color.

Now I'm learning how to build chords that work with each mode. I'm going to be creating my own simpler jam tracks using chord combinations for each mode. Your tutorials have been insightful with explanations and learning how to build chords!

Still have a long way to go with learning all of this. Hopefully after I get the major modes down more solid, I'll can start exploring Melodic minor and Harmonic minor modes. smile.gif

Cool those are good goals. Glad you are digging the major mode stuff, I'll move on to the Melodic Minor modes next.

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 7 2013, 05:48 PM) *
I am a complete beginner in theory so for me all I care about is learning theory and applying it to the fretboard.

Cool, sounds like a good plan!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 8 2013, 11:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Applying complex chords, either in original composition or reharmonising. Also creating more interesting progressions into a pop/americana/rock genre composition

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 8 2013, 03:48 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 8 2013, 10:29 AM) *
Applying complex chords, either in original composition or reharmonising. Also creating more interesting progressions into a pop/americana/rock genre composition

Cool! Always good stuff to explore in the theory practice room.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 8 2013, 05:52 PM
GMC:er
A cool thing would be for people to post a chord prog they'd like to embellish or spice up and have you (prof) or any other forum participant offer suggestions.

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 8 2013, 07:17 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 8 2013, 04:52 PM) *
A cool thing would be for people to post a chord prog they'd like to embellish or spice up and have you (prof) or any other forum participant offer suggestions.

Sounds cool. If you have one in mind feel free to post it and we'll kick it off!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:51 AM