Can't Enter The Gmc Chat
Red
Apr 15 2009, 06:52 PM
GMC:er
When i go to the GMC chat, it say that i need to install some Active-X controll, and when i chose to do this my computer wont let me do it because the user isn't a trusted something something, can't remember really what it said.

But how do i make GMC a trusted something? It may have something with my firewall to do to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 07:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Which browser do you use ?? Try logging into your computer as an administrator if you can? Try using Firefox browser if you use Internet explorer...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 15 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Which browser do you use ?? Try logging into your computer as an administrator if you can? Try using Firefox browser if you use Internet explorer...

I am logged in as an administrator for this computer, and what's the difference between Firefow and Explorer? smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Red @ Apr 15 2009, 08:13 PM) *
I am logged in as an administrator for this computer, and what's the difference between Firefow and Explorer? smile.gif

Mozilla Firefox is considered as much better web browser (and its free)...They may handle the active x scripts differently and chat may start working...

Here is the link to try Mozzila Firefox , if you don't like it you can always uninstall it :

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

You can find download link down to right if I remember correctly! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks smile.gif
Will all my Internet stuff that i have now on explorer like my homepage/favorites just disappear if i change to Firefox?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 08:23 PM
No , firefox will act as a new software and it will ask you if you want to make it default.Everything in Explorer will stay the same no matter what you do.Firefox will also ask you if you want your IE favorites to be copied there too so you have access to them in both browsers.Its a very good browser.I highly recommend it!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 15 2009, 09:23 PM) *
No , firefox will act as a new software and it will ask you if you want to make it default.Everything in Explorer will stay the same no matter what you do.Firefox will also ask you if you want your IE favorites to be copied there too so you have access to them in both browsers.Its a very good browser.I highly recommend it!! smile.gif

Thanks alot!
I'll try our firefox now then biggrin.gif

Hmm, it feels... different smile.gif
The text seems like it have a bit worse quality, is that supposed to happen?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 08:44 PM
Well I think it supposed to happen.They get a little thinner I guess smile.gif But you get used to it.You have zoom in/out options on CTRL + + or - .
Try the chat , and using firefox for some time...It has a reputation of much safer browser then IE...Also there are so many useful add-ons (extensions) for firefox that make surfing easier and faster.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 15 2009, 08:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah i think i have already gotten more used to it now smile.gif

I tried the CTRL stuff but it wont get better then it is, and as i said I'm getting more used to it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2009, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Red @ Apr 15 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Yeah i think i have already gotten more used to it now smile.gif

I tried the CTRL stuff but it wont get better then it is, and as i said I'm getting more used to it smile.gif

Does the chat work for you now ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 15 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Does the chat work for you now ??

I'm sitting in it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 15 2009, 09:46 PM
Instructor
I too definitely recommend Firefox. You can go to Firefox web page and download all kind of themes, add-ons, and plugins so you can play every media file within browser, and do chat.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 15 2009, 10:46 PM) *
I too definitely recommend Firefox. You can go to Firefox web page and download all kind of themes, add-ons, and plugins so you can play every media file within browser, and do chat.

I have no intention of changing back as this one seems to get the GMC chat working smile.gif
+ it can do everything that internet explorer can, at least i think so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 15 2009, 10:08 PM
Instructor
Firefox user here !
Highly recommend it and is more protected from viruses then IE wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Apr 15 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah i have only heard good things about it so far smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:50 PM