Schenker Video
tampaguitar
Jun 18 2015, 04:38 AM
GMC:er
Just stumbled across this and signed up- had to have this Schenker lesson..outstanding job Ben!!!!!

May I ask what wah pedal you used and the settings please? I been trying to get that sound for a while and can't seem to get anywhere close to what you dialed in.. please.. amp used, settings and pedal settings please

Thanks!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 18 2015, 10:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tampaguitar @ Jun 18 2015, 03:38 AM) *
Just stumbled across this and signed up- had to have this Schenker lesson..outstanding job Ben!!!!!

May I ask what wah pedal you used and the settings please? I been trying to get that sound for a while and can't seem to get anywhere close to what you dialed in.. please.. amp used, settings and pedal settings please

Thanks!!

Hi and I'm honoured that my lesson made you sign up - I hope you're finding the site full of useful goodies! smile.gif

I used a Dunlop CryBaby classic for that lesson and I just had the pedal sitting somewhere in the halfway position to give it the most nasal, thick tone with enough treble to stop it sounding too muddy. There's no extra controls on that version of the CryBaby so all you've got to do is get that halfway position and you're good to go.

The amp I used for that is the Marshall JVM although my settings will have changes since then, no doubt. All you need is a good tube amp style gain with a healthy does of mid and treble. Classic players like Schenker never scooped out the mids so just have a balanced EQ and enough gain to give you the sustain needed for all those long bends.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
tampaguitar
Jun 19 2015, 12:42 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 18 2015, 09:16 AM) *
Hi and I'm honoured that my lesson made you sign up - I hope you're finding the site full of useful goodies! smile.gif

I used a Dunlop CryBaby classic for that lesson and I just had the pedal sitting somewhere in the halfway position to give it the most nasal, thick tone with enough treble to stop it sounding too muddy. There's no extra controls on that version of the CryBaby so all you've got to do is get that halfway position and you're good to go.

The amp I used for that is the Marshall JVM although my settings will have changes since then, no doubt. All you need is a good tube amp style gain with a healthy does of mid and treble. Classic players like Schenker never scooped out the mids so just have a balanced EQ and enough gain to give you the sustain needed for all those long bends.

Just finished the lesson- took me a couple days- I can't thank you enough how much it has taught me.. What I really got outta this was the transition from the keys.. Best $15 I ever spent- Thanks so much Ben for everything.. Good stuff bro! By the way- I'm old school and bought most of the UFO albums from the 70's and early 80's.. is this solo from an actual Schenker song? I don't reconize it, or is it a handful of riffs from his stuff his later stuff and some of yours? Thanks again man.. Wish I had this avaliable to me in the late 70's.. Cant tell you how many record player needles I went through trying to learn Rock Bottom-

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 19 2015, 08:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tampaguitar @ Jun 18 2015, 11:42 PM) *
Just finished the lesson- took me a couple days- I can't thank you enough how much it has taught me.. What I really got outta this was the transition from the keys.. Best $15 I ever spent- Thanks so much Ben for everything.. Good stuff bro! By the way- I'm old school and bought most of the UFO albums from the 70's and early 80's.. is this solo from an actual Schenker song? I don't reconize it, or is it a handful of riffs from his stuff his later stuff and some of yours? Thanks again man.. Wish I had this avaliable to me in the late 70's.. Cant tell you how many record player needles I went through trying to learn Rock Bottom-

I'm pleased to hear you've made your way through it.. there's a few tricky bits in there!

It's as you said in the latter part... I concocted it based on phrasing ideas I've heard Michael do in his work and of course, the backing track is influenced by Into the Arena... but no, it's not an actual solo of his smile.gif

My fave Schenker work is Assault Attack with Graham Bonnet. What a classic record!

+Quote Post
tampaguitar
Jun 21 2015, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 19 2015, 07:29 AM) *
I'm pleased to hear you've made your way through it.. there's a few tricky bits in there!

It's as you said in the latter part... I concocted it based on phrasing ideas I've heard Michael do in his work and of course, the backing track is influenced by Into the Arena... but no, it's not an actual solo of his smile.gif

My fave Schenker work is Assault Attack with Graham Bonnet. What a classic record!

Ben you are awesome man- Thanks for the great lessons and much success in your career- You're an outstanding player! Thanks again for all your tutorials and lessons- I've downloaded most of your stuff, should keep me busy for the next year.. Thanks again man and Rock on!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:46 AM