> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9 Pass) Jamest - Metal Metrics 1, Lesson By Cosmin Lupu
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JamesT
Sep 9 2011, 07:20 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Original lesson: Metal Metrics 1 by Cosmin Lupu

First REC post using the new system.
Awesome lesson and tune Cosmin! Thanks!

I really liked the "breakdown" section with the dissonant minor 2nd going on in there. Very cool rhythmically.

For tone I went with the Pod HD and dual amp models (Mesa and Marshall) both panned to center, mids scooped, and then added about a 40-60 ms ping pong delay to widen it up and make it as fat sounding as I possibly could. My first real effort at a metal tone hopefully isn't too muddy sounding.

Looking forward to everyones feedback!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 12 2011, 09:55 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 9 2011, 08:19 AM
Instructor
Excellent take, very nicely played! smile.gif It's tight enough for me, sounds very good, just a small hickup @ 0.54 I will give it a 9, it didn't seemed that convincing, but it's a great take in general. I would also like to see a bit more wider vibrato on those passages in the middle. With wider vibrato, the notes would be properly accented.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Sep 9 2011, 08:20 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2011, 08:30 AM
GMC Founder
I can't think of more improvements than Ivans suggestions..maybe add a little bit more right hand attack to get cooler/chuggier strumming sound!

Very well done James!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 9 2011, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Very cool take James, I always enjoy your REC takes. smile.gif

I would agree with Kris about adding some more aggression to your palm muting. I know there is lots of strumming in this lesson but the bits in between the strumming are quite heavily muted. To increase your muting you should notice it sound 'chunkier' if you increase the pressure of the side of your hand onto the strings. There will be a sweet spot where it works best.. if you mute with your hand too far forward it can totally alter the pitch of the strings.. if you mute too far back it also won't have the right effect. Experiment a bit and you'll find where it work best and how much pressure to apply smile.gif

Nice to see this lesson being tackled too.. as well as seeing the Cos-Maestro with short hair again ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:30 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
solid 9!!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:34 PM