2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Darius Wave Free Lick 1, Starting free licks series
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2014, 11:01 AM
Instructor
Very nice Jim! I usually try to focus most strength on the key moments of the lick - like the 1st note, half of the first arpeggio, 11-12-11 slide and then the tapped notes. All other notes I usually try to use a s a relax time smile.gif

Tip. Watch out for the tapped notes. Those are 16th triplets. They should be faster than the 16th notes in the arpegio. Try to fit the timming so You'll have each tap on the 8th note acccent smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 4 2014, 07:08 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow! after breaking down this lick I find it is much easier to play than it sounds , except for the life threatening speed of course. biggrin.gif
I feel the tendency to want to finish it off with a blues ending lick. tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2014, 10:58 PM
Instructor
AK - go for it! You can record extended version! smile.gif Yes it's not that hard, it only looks...maybe it looks...hard smile.gif

Jim When You start to play the arpeggio remember those are 16th notes....so when You go to the tapping it has to be faster thatn the beginning notes because in the tapping parts thoe are triplets in the visiual mode it looks like:

1+ ++ 2+++ 3+++ 4+++

1++1++ 2++2++ 3++3++ 4++ 4++ = 8 equl accents = 8th notes (twice 1, twice 2 , twice 3, twice 4)

so the tp finger goes for 1 + 1& + 2 + 2& +3 + 3& +4 + 4&

I'm afraid the more I would try to expplain the more complicated this will sound...while it's very simple

So when You try to match the tapping finger tempo to 8th notes You will get those triplets.

Try to launch guitar pro file and change the tempo
You will see the difference between the tempo of 16th notes arpeggio and 16th triplets tapping part

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 8 2014, 04:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
As promised, here is my version of yourlick. I played one slow (opps, about that ending tongue.gif ). Second one is at my full speed. I realize after uploading that I played a different note in the sweeping sequence. I probably should have done more takes, but I hope you'll get the idea. smile.gif I welcome any advice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 8 2014, 04:56 PM
Instructor
great man! You're almost there! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 8 2014, 03:13 PM) *
As promised, here is my version of yourlick. I played one slow (opps, about that ending tongue.gif ). Second one is at my full speed. I realize after uploading that I played a different note in the sweeping sequence. I probably should have done more takes, but I hope you'll get the idea. smile.gif I welcome any advice.

Awesome man smile.gif I only think it could be more defined, but otherwise it's shaping up!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 9 2014, 02:55 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks guys. It's a fun lick to play. cool.gif I agree it needs to be played cleaner. A bit more practice and I think I'll get it there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 9 2014, 03:31 PM
Instructor
I didn't claim on details because DeGroot already mentioned about the status of this lick progress smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:41 AM