New Song/etude Im Working On
Lixxx
Apr 12 2012, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
edit: I apparently started a new topic, but this post should obviously be in my mentoring Topic. If some admin could move it there or just delete it. (preferably after Alex had a chance to read it biggrin.gif )

Hey Alex,

Im putting together an etude to summarize some techniques Im working on, plus trying to put my synchronization to a test.
Unfortunately Im stuck with two arpeggios that I have trouble analyzing.

The general Tune is in A-minor.

Ok here is my fingering low to high for the first arpeggio: e a c a - that would be A-minor arp I would say in the 5th inversion ( 5th in root I mean).
Because I previously play: A root, a8 , c , e , a , f , c , I was wondering if the a f c would indicate an f major arp and therefor the changes so far would be : A minor F major and A minor again.

Ok after the -e a c a- I play -f a b a- which I would say is f major #4

A minor F major A minor F major#4 each for 1/2 Bar.

But then I kinda mixed those two arp for the second turn and came up with -e a b a d#- that is where I dont know.
Is it an A 9th sound ? But what does the d# indicate than , is it the final chord ??
Or a B mixolydian where the 4th descends into the 3rd

Would be glad If you could help me out and I will post you the guitar pro file as soon as Im done xD

Cheers Lixxx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lixxx: Apr 12 2012, 02:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 12 2012, 05:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lixxx @ Apr 12 2012, 01:46 PM) *
edit: I apparently started a new topic, but this post should obviously be in my mentoring Topic. If some admin could move it there or just delete it. (preferably after Alex had a chance to read it biggrin.gif )

Hey Alex,

Im putting together an etude to summarize some techniques Im working on, plus trying to put my synchronization to a test.
Unfortunately Im stuck with two arpeggios that I have trouble analyzing.

The general Tune is in A-minor.

Ok here is my fingering low to high for the first arpeggio: e a c a - that would be A-minor arp I would say in the 5th inversion ( 5th in root I mean).
Because I previously play: A root, a8 , c , e , a , f , c , I was wondering if the a f c would indicate an f major arp and therefor the changes so far would be : A minor F major and A minor again.

Ok after the -e a c a- I play -f a b a- which I would say is f major #4

A minor F major A minor F major#4 each for 1/2 Bar.

But then I kinda mixed those two arp for the second turn and came up with -e a b a d#- that is where I dont know.
Is it an A 9th sound ? But what does the d# indicate than , is it the final chord ??
Or a B mixolydian where the 4th descends into the 3rd

Would be glad If you could help me out and I will post you the guitar pro file as soon as Im done xD

Cheers Lixxx

Hi! It is a very nice etude to learn!
You are correct about inversion E - A - C and A - F - C Would be an inversion of F major triad
F - A - D is a D minor triad Fifth inversion not F #4

E-A-B-A-D# You can look at it as Esus4 D# will indicate harmonic minor. You can't really look at it as A because there is no third or 7!
D# used there to create a tension and resolve it in one it's a very common technique in etudes!
Let me know if you have more questions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:08 AM