2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitarrero Mtp Thread, Mar-2010
Gitarrero
Mar 30 2010, 07:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks for the feedback! Do you think I can submit this take for the rec-program? I'd like to put soem more videos up there :-)
The Kamelot lesson would be really great as I've been practicing it a few times already. So, just upload the backing track and I'll give it a shot.
Sounds like a great idea to focus on technique in april and then going back to band stuff in may, as you remember I'd love to be able to play along some Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Blind Guardian or Hammerfall stuff in the future.
I'm really glad that you're my mentor!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 30 2010, 08:02 PM
Instructor
well man, thanks a lot for kind words, you know it means a lot for me.
about REC prog. yes, I would upload your take. remember that, some feedback you got there, is not based in your learning process, so, some grades from another instructor could be lower than mines, since they are not seeing your improves, just they see what you are playing right now.
I mean, for example: you could get a lower grade for that A.P. part in the Folkish lesson, while I see a great improvement comparing it with your first try.
but, I think every feedback, and more which is helping us to improve, is very welcome.

I'll upload the BT in 2 hours, (I'm travelling now XD)

Assignment 3:
Kamelot Style

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Mar 31 2010, 05:49 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___Kamelot_style_BT.mp3 ( 1.21MB ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 30 2010, 08:08 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'll upload it to the rec section and see what some other instructors will say. The main part is taht you see some improvement in my playing!
I'll record the Kamelot lesson tomorrow, actually tuesdays and wednesdays are my usual recording days.
See ya!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 31 2010, 05:49 PM
Instructor
cool man, BT added. have fun practising smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 31 2010, 07:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian, this is my take...I missed the first note on the solo part, but I think the rest should be okay!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 7 2010, 07:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian, did you already see my take? I'm gonna see Kamelot live in concert tonight and was wondering if I'm good enough to go on stage and jam along with them wink.gif
By the way, I got a pass in the rec-section for the Folkish Rhapsody take!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 8 2010, 05:34 PM
Instructor
well man, sorry for delay, I was so busy these days.

I watched your last take and it was pretty good! beside the note missed at the beginning, it was very good.
there are some problems tho.
from 00.50, when the verse part starts, you are playing it a little bit slower than the BT tempo, giving a confusing sound as result. may you are not able to play this part at its tempo yet, your R hand looks so tensed too. or may it was only in this take.
anyway, as I said previously, we need to work on your picking, and on your alternate picking.
the other problem is on the last E5, your attitude was very cool, but as result, you got a strong root note out of tune.

it was a good take anyway, I'm just saying what we need to improve wink.gif
since I know the question will come, the answer is: yes, I'd upload the take to the REC program.

here's your next assignment.
I found this lesson from Marcus, very useful. since it has in its first 30 secs. what we need to improve.

Assignment 4:

Basic Metal
link to the BT:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=28445

so, this assignment is focused only on the first 30 seconds of the Marcus' lesson. so, all I need is your take on this section. if you are able to learn the whole lesson is an extra and it will be very useful to you.
see you soon smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Apr 8 2010, 05:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 8 2010, 07:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
good to see that you're back and thanks for the feedback. It was the best take I recorded, but I'm not completely happy with it. Especially the rhythm section has been better when I practised without recording...So I'll keep practising this lesson before I'll upload it. But you're right, I always want to know if my takes are good enough for the rec-program tongue.gif
I have already been playing Marcus lesson in the past, so I think I can submit a decent video this weekend.
See ya!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 9 2010, 03:35 PM
Instructor
cool man, nice to hear it. have fun practicing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 13 2010, 11:55 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
I am really having trouble putting the video and the sound together at my girlfriends new PC. At first it is in sync, but after 10 seconds the video is much slower than the sound...I just don't get, I'm using the same software as at home. So I'm just uploading the soundfile for now and try to figure the rest out...
See ya!

Edit:
Now I've got it working!
So here is the video:

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Apr 14 2010, 10:04 AM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 14 2010, 10:45 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Lian,
I just realised that today is my birthday and your two year anniversary here at GMC. So we both have a reason to celebrate!
Have a nice day
Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 14 2010, 05:07 PM
Instructor
well man, thank you so much for remember my anniversary, and I wish you a happy birthday!!!

about the take:
it was really good man. in this lesson you have improved a lot on your alternate picking in those 16th notes. congrats for that.
I see you change the way you hold the pick while you're playing the 16th notes. per ex at: 00.26.
are you feeling comfortable with this change?
I see it's not perfect yet, and I can see you still play it a little bit tense. but, the sound you get with that way of holding the pick, is far better than the way you're holding while downstrokes.
I think, in this way you're controlling much better your palm muting position. what, in metal, is really necessary.

so, your 4 assignments are Done and Passed.
now, to finish this first month MTP, you'll work on this lesson and prepare it for the final month REC program.

REC PROGRAM Assignment.
Manowar Lesson

this lesson has nothing over your current level, so I think you will make a great job working on it.

Lian!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Apr 14 2010, 09:06 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_Gerbino___Manowar_P1_BT.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 15 2010, 10:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian, thanks for the feedback!
I've been experimenting a lot with different ways of holding the pick, especially when it comes to playing 16th notes. With this change I made in the take I just felt like I had much more control. I'll try to hold the pick this way everytime from now on.
I think I'll just have to practise more often, that's what Marcus suggested in the last REC so I don't tense up anymore.
By the way, I was thinkign about creating a practice agenda, so I would warm up, play some songs I already know and then do some GMC lessons. One day I'd focus on AP and PM (mostly with the lessons of this MTP), the next day I'd do legato and tapping (really wanna get better at it) and the third day I'd try sweeping (this would be completely new to me). Then I'd start over again. Do you think this is a wise choice, or should I focus on other techniques first?

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 19 2010, 02:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Lian,
my take will be up in 10 minutes!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 19 2010, 02:57 PM
Instructor
well man, that practice agenda is a great way to go. The great secret of all this is just practice.
no matter which techniques you focus on, it's all practice. in time, you'll find some techniques easier for you and other more complex for you. so, then, you will be paying more attention on those more difficult and the easy ones will be part of your basic skills.
I always suggest some reading while practising, so, if you have a few minutes this text may like you.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=18057

have you seen the last assignment I left you above?

cya!
Lian!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 19 2010, 03:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sorry for the delay, here is the take now! By the way, thanks a lot for this article, really interesting!

I'll wait for you feedback before I'll upload it to the rec section.

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 22 2010, 03:36 PM
Instructor
well done man, it was a great take.
Palm muting is quite better, but still we have some problems in there. still we have some unwanted noise between powerchords.

look at the following pics:

while you are playing, those three finger you are not using to hold the pick are over the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string. so, while you are playing, your hand moves inevitably and then those fingers touch all the strings making some unwanted noise. this will disappear gradually with practice, but I think it would be very useful for u some tips about it.
this technique is called palm muting, so it means we have to use our palm to block the strings. so, try to find another place for those fingers. this will be hard at the beginning, but results worth it. once you get it, you'll see it's easier to control your hand's movements, since you only have to focus on two fingers (the ones are holding the pick) and the rest of them will move effortless.

here is where you have to palm, so after find a place for your fingers, pay attention on where you have to palm.

here's a Gilbert's pic. It's always good to take a look what another guitar player does, and take it as a reference or goal.
I used to see every vid from this guitar player, 'cause I was fascinated by his R-hand. beside his virtuosity, I always though that hi has one of the best R-hand of all times XD, so I took him as my fav. think about the riffs you can create with that hand! smile.gif

well, the take was very good, and we got our first month complete. upload your take to the rec program, and I will close this thread to create the new one for April.

Lian!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 22 2010, 06:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Lian,
thank you so much for the feedback! I also realised in the last weeks that my right hand is my weak spot (or the weakest among many... unsure.gif ), I'm still not quite sure how to change it...I can't really play making a fist of my right hand (like David Wallimann does), they will always just pop out again. Anyway, I'll figure it out sooner or later, with your help wink.gif
I just uploaded the take to the REC, I'm looking forward to the next assignment!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 28 2010, 08:35 PM
Instructor
well man, thank you so much for take this MTP so seriously. we will continue on a new thread for the second part of our MTP.

REC TAKE
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=34828

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:15 PM