Good Guitar Apps?, Preferably for Android
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 10 2016, 01:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey,

So, I got a new phone yesterday and I started thinking about what good guitar apps there are out there, which would be more in correlation to practice schedule and so on. I know there are metronomes, chord guides and so on, but I was thinking if anyone knows something that could be like a practice schedule app or so?

Or other interesting apps for that matter.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
fzalfa
Jul 10 2016, 02:35 PM
Learning Roadie
android phone ?

get:

- Chord!

- Smartchords

you'll have everthing you need in these two software !!

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 10 2016, 04:06 PM
Experienced Rock Star
iPhone?

Music Journal is a good practice schedule app, and there are plenty of great music making apps: Garageband, Music Memos, Jam Up Pro, MorphWiz, Crystal Synth XT, ...

This post has been edited by Rammikin: Jul 10 2016, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 10 2016, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Android, unfortunately smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 10 2016, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie
morphwiz is available too !! on android

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 10 2016, 10:56 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 10 2016, 04:27 PM) *
Android, unfortunately smile.gif

I see. Music Journal is iPhone only.

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 11 2016, 08:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I Just bought riffmaster pro but its very nice

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2016, 01:05 AM
GMC:er
There are more and more apps for Android these days which is a good thing smile.gif For a long time there was just not that much out there. Some Android phones have serious latency issues as there isn't a minimum hardware requirement. But with a new fast phone, should be fine smile.gif

Here is a site dedicated to music apps for Android smile.gif

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

here are a bunch more smile.gif

http://appcrawlr.com/android-apps/best-apps-music-making

Tod
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 10 2016, 08:51 AM) *
Hey,

So, I got a new phone yesterday and I started thinking about what good guitar apps there are out there, which would be more in correlation to practice schedule and so on. I know there are metronomes, chord guides and so on, but I was thinking if anyone knows something that could be like a practice schedule app or so?

Or other interesting apps for that matter.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 15 2016, 02:42 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 12 2016, 12:05 AM) *
There are more and more apps for Android these days which is a good thing smile.gif For a long time there was just not that much out there. Some Android phones have serious latency issues as there isn't a minimum hardware requirement.

FWIW, as an app developer myself, I can tell you the lack of quality apps for Android is only partially related to the hardware. The bigger issue is: unlike IOS, nobody buys Android apps. It's quite rare for a developer to recoup their costs on an Android app.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2016, 04:33 PM
Instructor
I've just switched to Iphone and it's awesome how much more tools for guitar there are. However I think that Amplitude is already selling his Irig designed for Android so that's a good begining to amp modulation. Being able to practice guitar with our cellphone is priceless for me. I'll give it a lot of use when touring with my band.

PS: Check this out!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2016, 10:58 PM
Irig is killer smile.gif And it's cross platform so you can use it on Android phones too! smile.gif The problem with android for developers is that there is no real minimum hardware spec, so a software guy has no idea what kind of horsepower his app will have when running. With Apple, it's a very limited set of specs and they are all public so the developers know what hardware they are building for. They know what it can do and what it can't. That's why so many more music apps and video apps are available for iphone. It's a closed system that only changes every year or so with a new phone. With android, it could be nearly anything.

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2016, 11:33 AM) *
I've just switched to Iphone and it's awesome how much more tools for guitar there are. However I think that Amplitude is already selling his Irig designed for Android so that's a good begining to amp modulation. Being able to practice guitar with our cellphone is priceless for me. I'll give it a lot of use when touring with my band.

PS: Check this out!

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 19 2016, 11:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2016, 09:58 PM) *
The problem with android for developers is that there is no real minimum hardware spec, so a software guy has no idea what kind of horsepower his app will have when running. With Apple, it's a very limited set of specs and they are all public so the developers know what hardware they are building for. They know what it can do and what it can't. That's why so many more music apps and video apps are available for iphone.

Well, yes, but that's not the primary reason. See two posts earlier smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 25 2016, 03:18 AM
I Hear ya!! I was specifically talking about audio apps in particular. I've read wads of such excuses on minimum hardware from various vendors. Then again, maybe they don't want to say "cause nobody would pay for it on android" in public. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jul 19 2016, 06:12 PM) *
Well, yes, but that's not the primary reason. See two posts earlier smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2016, 11:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jul 15 2016, 10:42 AM) *
FWIW, as an app developer myself, I can tell you the lack of quality apps for Android is only partially related to the hardware. The bigger issue is: unlike IOS, nobody buys Android apps. It's quite rare for a developer to recoup their costs on an Android app.

That's a very interesting point... I've never thought that this could be the reason...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2016, 01:07 AM
Sadly yes. It applies broadly to all apps across all genres on Android. Here is a quote from an industry related site.

"Android apps don’t make nearly as much money as their iOS counterparts. Android users spend significantly less on average than iOS users. And piracy rates for paid apps are staggeringly high – something like 95 percent of downloads for a paid app are coming from pirates.
:

Overall, IOS users have larger disposable incomes and are more likely to pay for an App. So for developers, especially smaller indie developers, it's a pretty clear choice in terms of getting a return from time invested.
http://www.businessofapps.com/app-usage-statistics-2015/

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 25 2016, 06:28 PM) *
That's a very interesting point... I've never thought that this could be the reason...

The good news is that newer android phones on the higher end are plenty fast and some music apps like GUITAR RIG work on both IOS and ANDROID.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 26 2016, 10:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
I found some sort of practice log app the other day. Might try it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 02:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
What about apps for Windows 10, by the way? I found a metronome I quite like, which is called Asparion Metronom. It's very simple, but it does the job.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:22 AM