> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alternate Picking Workout #3, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Feb 10 2016, 10:57 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #3 by Darius Wave

Wooh, finally back on the REC-train after several years away. Might be a start for something new, or just a sudden glimpse of motivation. We`ll see :) Due to my eagerness to post something again, and my lack of recording skills, I uploaded with some slight timing imperfections, which clearly needs working. I also appreciate tips for simple "post production" to make the video/audio better! cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 11 2016, 12:12 AM
Instructor
Hey there! Your take is really...I mean really good and there is not much to improve - aside from little timming issues you've already captured by yourself + I think you should review original tabs at 0:38 (this descending part has a little different fingering I suppose).

Aside from above you play nice and clean. Your tone is very good (I might only suggest some adjustments according to my taste but those are truly persdonal preferences and what you have at the moment is with no doubts a very good, mid-exposed tone). I think I would give it a little lower in the mix since it takes a frequency spectrum that the backing tracks leaves a lot of space for. It will cut through the mix anyway.

Make sure to fix the timming and middle part and you'll have a perfect take wink.gif Well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2016, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi friend, welcome back to REC!!

This lesson is very close to be perfect. There are only just little details to adjust that are basically related to timing (for example 00:38, 00:52) and a wrong note at 1:00.

The timing issues are appear on parts that are not repetitive so I recommend to isolate and practice this sections to be sure that you can switch smooth from one part to the other, from one rhythm to the other...

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2016, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Hi man, good to see you around again.

This is a very well played take with just a few minor timing discrepancies. The vibrato could also be a bit more controlled / confident too.

I notice that the timing issues occur during the triplet runs so maybe spend some time working on playing triplets over a 4/4 beat to gain a bit more solidarity in that area.

You asked about video tips too. Recording with good light sources is the best thing you can do but if you're not doing it for anything other than REC takes it's not really an issue. For post production, fiddle with the Brightness / Contrast settings, look at the Colour Corrector option (if you have one). You may not need to add any colour saturation anyway, especially if you've got the brightness / contrast balance right. The last thing to add would be a touch of Sharpness.

All those features are found in Sony Vegas, which is the video software I use, and many others on GMC too. I'm not sure if other editing programs offer exactly the same but they should.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 16 2016, 07:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:59 AM