2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Member, Introduce myself
lorraine215
Jan 8 2009, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi

My name is Lorraine Taylor, I'am married with grown up children who have all fled the nest and having good lives of their own and its only me and husband left, so 3 years ago I decided that I would learn to play the piano, so 2 years later than that I can play the piano, so I thought what next can I learn so I decided on the guitar, got an electric from husband and an acoustic from my Mum and Dad, so I joined this site and a few others and the things you can pick up from watching others play is so much. I am actually disabled and house and wheelchair bound, so everything I do is around the house. I have MS, which I have good days and a lot of bad days, but learning the guitar is giving me new purpose in life and that's what I need with this illness, so far I have learned the Major Chords A, D, E, C and Minor chords A, D and E and the finger exercise (which I am sure you all aware of it). I have my first tune which I am learning as well at the moment, it is The Shadows:The Deerhunter. Back to me for a moment I have my own instructor as well, I live in the UK with my family. And that's it, so hi to all of you and I hope you can help a few times if I am stuck, please come introduce yourselves to me.

Thankyou

Lorraine Taylor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lorraine215: Jan 8 2009, 05:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome to GMC Lorraine, hope playing guitar becomes your greatest weapon against MS.

I am sure you'll like it here

Can

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 8 2009, 05:41 PM
I'm really glad that you've found the guitar as your new passion! You'll find everything here to develop your playing and of course if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Welcome to GMC!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2009, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Lorraine, see you on the forums, and don't hesitate to ask anything you need. We are all one big family here smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jan 8 2009, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Welcome to our Great family GMC!! if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 8 2009, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Lorraine smile.gif Have fun!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 8 2009, 08:16 PM
hey! Welcome! This site is better than all the software and sites out there..... together!!!!

I hope that playing the guitar helps you alot!!! It' s really good, to take your mind of off things too, and just to elt you know.

You could start playing basic blues already! You know A-D-E, which are all chords needed to play a basic blues.

Just try this if you' re interested in blues:

Just strum each chord once,

A A A A
D D A A
E D A a This is the basic 12 bar blues, because each chord takes a bar. You can play it slowly like this --> Listen to audio file 1!.

I'm sorry if I scared you with this. It is real easy, you could try it.

Kind regards,
Jesse Smit.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 8 2009, 08:37 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Lorraine smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 8 2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome to GMC Lorraine !!!!

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2009, 09:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Lorraine smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 8 2009, 09:37 PM
Hello there and welcome smile.gif

I know of many disabled that or another way people, for whom learning something creative is a real cure for their souls smile.gif
Is it playing or is it drawing or computer graphics - it all works really well for them. So - keep playing and never hesitate to ask here your questions, this place is full of helpful people smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2009, 09:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to have you here Lorraine! Welcome !! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 8 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome Lorraine. Glad to have you onboard. smile.gif I think that you will take much pleasure in being apart of this community.

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Jan 8 2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the site smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 8 2009, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Lorraine, make yourself at home. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jan 8 2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome Lorraine! I hope you enjoy your time at GMC. You will find lots of interesting and helpful people here.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 8 2009, 10:47 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 9 2009, 01:50 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Lorraine - thank for you for that introduction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 9 2009, 03:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome to the coolest place ever smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 9 2009, 07:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome Lorraine, you will have great community here smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 PM