> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jimi Hendrix the Astronaut, Lesson By Henry Dietzel
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

shvedchenko
Sep 14 2014, 11:13 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Jimi Hendrix the Astronaut by Henry Dietzel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2014, 12:12 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate!

This is a very nice rendition of this lesson and I think you are very close to nailing it!

The main thing here, would be the pitches of the notes in the licks beginning at 0:43 until getting close to the ending. You need to practice them slower in order to get every bent note in pitch, so please isolate this section and try to work with the slower backing tracks and then, when you think that you are ready, you can record against the original instructor take.

Once you do that, you can observe the eventual differences and see if there are anymore notes left out of pitch.

If you want to exercise vibrato and bending separately, I would also recommend these two lessons, focusing solely on the techniques:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bend-E...chnique-Lesson/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 15 2014, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Hi man, this was a cool take, very groovy.

Your bending skills are generally good but they need some more attention to get them sounding more confident and accurate. When we play faster music we haven't got much time to focus on working it up to pitch gradually so we need to be more accurate and know just how much we've got to push the string to get the required note. Most of it was good, it's when you went to the higher frets that the bending lost its accuracy.

You could also improve your vibrato as well.. this will get more of a Hendrix vibe !

Cosmin's given you some good pointers so I recommend you use the links he's given to help improve your bending and vibrato skills.

I also notice that either the B or E string is slightly out of tune ??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2014, 11:51 PM
Instructor
Hi! Nice work on this lesson. It's not an easy one because it requires a good sense of groove and being able to master bending technique. You are close, but there is still work to do to master this two essential techniques. The timing issues appears mostly when you play the dominant chords (for ex at 00:24, 00:34) but also during the solo section.

Ben and Cosmin already talked about your bending and vibrato techniques, work on the lessons that Cosmin shared and also include this exercise to your diary training:

The last detail that I would like to mark is to isolate that cool lick at 00:57 and practice it as a loop to master it. It's a killer one for improvisations.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Sep 16 2014, 01:39 PM
Instructor
hi man,

A good one. But as my pals already said keep an eye of your bending & vibratos. It could be still a bit more precise.
I also would suggest the following:
1. Make some rests when you improvise, just leave more space between the phrases
2. More dynamics is always a good way to produce more expression.
3. watch your timing
4. Don't repeat a phrase to often, or if you do make some variations of it

;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 16 2014, 04:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:33 AM