Chord Analysis
Arpeggio
Jun 23 2018, 04:20 PM
GMC:er
I've been studying this: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Instru...With-Melody-II/ Piotr is great. Analyzing the chords from the tab. As I understand my interpretation is.

Starting in Key of A major...

I (A)
vi (F#5)
IV (Dsus2)
I (Asus2)

all that x3 then changes to relative F# minor or relative D Lydian as follows...

iv (Bm) or vi (Bm)
i (F#5) or iii (F#5)
bVI (Dsus2) or I (Dsus2)
bIII (A) or V (A)

The next part gets me. It briefly goes to D minor modal interchange? as follows...

IV (G)
bVI (Bbsus2)
bVII (Csus2)

Then resolves back to D Lydian relative key...

I (Dsus2)
I (Dadd11+)

If I can't get to the bottom of this I go mad.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Arpeggio: Jun 23 2018, 04:21 PM

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2018, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Your analysis is perfect!! I can hear all those things happening while listening to the lesson.

It's an interesting chord progression, but also a killer melody.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Arpeggio
Jun 25 2018, 11:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2018, 03:37 PM) *
Hi mate! Your analysis is perfect!! I can hear all those things happening while listening to the lesson.

It's an interesting chord progression, but also a killer melody.

Thanks for the confirmation. It is a good composition. Its style reminds me of Satriani's Summer Song. Make the juicy melodic stuff on GMC longer into full songs and you've got a 10+ track collaboration album on a par with Satch / Vai.

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:34 AM