Orange Amps?
bluetag
Jun 30 2009, 09:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey i was just wondering if anyone has ever played one. i've been looking for one for awhile but i cant seem to find any by me. I'm just curious im looking to get an orange valve amp about 30 w or so for like band practice and shows just wondering what your opinions are thanks tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bluetag: Jun 30 2009, 09:54 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 30 2009, 10:17 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Want one!

A Rockerverb will give you everything you need. Thunderverb aswell, it has an attenuator to top things off.
Aim for 50 W. Though the Thunderverb I played was 200W and to be honest I wasn't paying attention to the attenuator so I have no idea what was going on there.

The Rocker 30 is sweet sounding but probably not what most people are looking for.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 30 2009, 10:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Orange Amps are great but they have their very own sound, some like it and some don't...

They sound very british, very dry which makes them great for all kinds of Rock music, but they can do pretty much anything from blues to metal (slipknot use Orange, too!)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bluetag
Jun 30 2009, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 30 2009, 05:17 PM) *
A Rockerverb will give you everything you need. Thunderverb aswell, it has an attenuator to top things off.
Aim for 50 W. Though the Thunderverb I played was 200W and to be honest I wasn't paying attention to the attenuator so I have no idea what was going on there.

The Rocker 30 is sweet sounding but probably not what most people are looking for.

ya thanks man ill definately check this out those models. another question i have about buying like a heavy duty tube amp. i've never had one before but have always wanted one. is it better to buy new or used i know that these amps get really expensive and im poor but would be willing to save for one lol. what would you guys do ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 30 2009, 10:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A used amp shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you try it first. Turn all the knobs back and forth and listen for a scratchy sound. Ask if the tubes are new, if they aren't deduct what service and new tubes would cost. If the seller responds; tubes, I don't know? Be certain they have to be changed.

If it sounds good and the price is right you got yourself a deal smile.gif

They are often heavy so bring a car wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 1 2009, 01:38 AM
Instructor
Micke pretty much summed it all. Check for original speaker as well, sometimes people swap them.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 1 2009, 09:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Theyre bombproof mate, like all things British biggrin.gif !

I really like Orange gear but it depends on what music you play really, as Zakk said they are more rock orientated but the clean sound is pretty good, I dont think they have much in the way of controls though. I've seen people live using a Tiny Terror and a 2x12 cab and it was pretty awesome for 15w!
I didnt know the thunderverb had a built in attenuator either, to me that is just brilliant, also if you can snag one of the new white series (2009 models only) or even a limited edition with a black cover you have one of the coolest amps around.

+Quote Post
bluetag
Jul 2 2009, 08:36 PM
Thank you everyone for the feedback about the amps. Right now i think i've limited my choices to the Tiny Terror 15 and The Rocker 30. I like the Tiny Terror as that its small and easy to transport and is less expensive but, it one has only tone knob. As compared to the Rocker 30 which was EQ knobs which i like and a natural and dirty channel. Also im concerned that the TT 15 wont be able to be enough to keep up with a drummer and another guitarist. My friend is getting a peavy 40w i think. so i have to be able to keep up with that. Right now its between those two i like both but im not sure whether to get a combo or a head and cab. is there any advantages of either? i've heard people say that combos are harsh on the tubes and people have problems with combo amps. They also seem cheaper then a head/cab setup and im gonna be bringing it to school so i cant carry a 40 lb cab or anything all the time [dont got a car sad.gif ] let me know what you guys think THANKS biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:59 AM