Wos Iii
Mertay
May 1 2014, 01:07 PM
GMC:er
http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpe...all-of-sound-3/

Started testing this again...

Downsides; one can find himself tweaking too much and the registration is a bit of a drag. After 30 days like reaper it waits 40 something seconds to open tongue.gif

But the good sides are stronger; Presets are good, best poweramp section I've ever demoed, after 30 days buy just 1 cab. (6.5 euros) and no more waiting when opened. The sound is tight and it might be the best cpu vs. sound quality available today.

I usually find myself using only a distortion plug-in with this. Clean sounds usually don't need an amp sim. as the poweramp section is very much "there".

I know not many are into combining different plug-ins together but it might be a perfect upgrade for amplitube, guitar rig etc. users out there (disable cab. from amplitube and instead use this) or using pedals as amp and prefers the cab. from the computer.

I might buy the jazz cab. as its pretty flat and sound good after an ir is inserted (so I can use the controls in it with my preferred old ir's).

Still testing, share opinions smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 1 2014, 01:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 06:19 PM
Yep, seems like a tweaker's dream and worst nightmare.

Have you tried any of their other products? Have a few products that seem interesting. The C.A.B. could be a fun tool.

My only thing about the whole amp/speaker emulation stuff is, there's always something 'better' coming out. You can always be chasing that dragon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 5 2014, 07:15 PM
Nope smile.gif I haven't done live in a long time and seems won't be for a while, pretty happy with the computer currently. The cab. you mention is actually the same ir's from the software and they can interact as I understand, tweak at home rock on stage biggrin.gif

True as tech. and computers evolve things get upgraded, but cab. ir's didn't improve dramatically over the years they just added some distortion to emulate speaker crackling which I don't like. Where I live I started to see elder guitar players (some almost 60 years old) starting to keep their amps at home and do gig's with analog distort/amp pedal and digital for cab./delay/chorus sort of stuff. This approach really is good for both sound and comfort.

After posted here I compared it to similar sounding vst cab.s I have, this turned out the least muddy and non-roomy sounding. Lots of IR's has very small room sound to them that can be detected with headphones but on a mix when layering a few tracks that mud (phase or freq. related) can be a problem.

I decided to buy the jazz cab. once I get my new credit card smile.gif 3 cab.s should be fine for me but if more needed they're really affordable smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2014, 02:39 AM
Same is true with gear in general though yeah? Always something "better" smile.gif Just a few more dollars/euros, etc.

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 5 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Yep, seems like a tweaker's dream and worst nightmare.

Have you tried any of their other products? Have a few products that seem interesting. The C.A.B. could be a fun tool.

My only thing about the whole amp/speaker emulation stuff is, there's always something 'better' coming out. You can always be chasing that dragon.

Make us some demo examples!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 5 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Nope smile.gif I haven't done live in a long time and seems won't be for a while, pretty happy with the computer currently. The cab. you mention is actually the same ir's from the software and they can interact as I understand, tweak at home rock on stage biggrin.gif

True as tech. and computers evolve things get upgraded, but cab. ir's didn't improve dramatically over the years they just added some distortion to emulate speaker crackling which I don't like. Where I live I started to see elder guitar players (some almost 60 years old) starting to keep their amps at home and do gig's with analog distort/amp pedal and digital for cab./delay/chorus sort of stuff. This approach really is good for both sound and comfort.

After posted here I compared it to similar sounding vst cab.s I have, this turned out the least muddy and non-roomy sounding. Lots of IR's has very small room sound to them that can be detected with headphones but on a mix when layering a few tracks that mud (phase or freq. related) can be a problem.

I decided to buy the jazz cab. once I get my new credit card smile.gif 3 cab.s should be fine for me but if more needed they're really affordable smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 6 2014, 06:01 AM
I can do TH2, a nebula capture from axefx and vandal to compare WOSIII. Also can do Guitarrig but couldn't find the cab. sound similar enough to others.

As expected they do sound different, specially with the metal dist. sort of tone. This makes it very hard to get an idea from a solo guitar.

I'm also not sure as how fair it would be cause their side benefits (besides plain impulse sound) are so different like the WOSIII's cab. amp is really something that should be experienced. I'll post an example soon though anyway smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 6 2014, 06:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 6 2014, 10:17 PM
https://soundcloud.com/gitarg-nl-kleri/cabtestclean

https://soundcloud.com/gitarg-nl-kleri/cabtestdist

Row; WosIII, TH2, NEBULA capture, Vandal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 8 2014, 11:12 PM
Bump for Todd (this forum is so active!) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:21 PM