Thinking Of A New Daw? Watch This.
Phil66
Oct 16 2015, 07:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Speaks a lot of sense.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2015, 06:39 AM
GMC:er
If you are on a PC, I"d say get REAPER partly because it's a free download and very cheap to buy (50 bux or so) and because everyone else has a copy so it's easy to collaborate with folks smile.gif

If you have a MAC, GET LOGIC X!!! Simply because it's very easy to use, very powerful and has a HUGE library of content/midi/loops/virtual instruments etc. that comes with it. After you get logic, go get reaper so you will have a copy to work with folks using reaper. Reaper works on PC and MAC. In short, I'm saying buy a mac. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 16 2015, 02:35 PM) *
Speaks a lot of sense.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 17 2015, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah this guy has a lot of great videos! I remember seeing this video whenever I was looking around for other DAWs. I realize I have a great workstation: Reaper. I have my own license and it does everything I need. Why switch? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2015, 12:02 AM
Well said smile.gif I'd say go go grab PRO TOOLS FIRST just because it's FREE and it will let you get your hands dirty on PRO TOOLS which is still widely used. I'm not saying switch all your production away from reaper, I'd suggest everyone grab a free copy of pro tools first and do a couple projects with it just to be conversant in the interface.

As for REAPER, killer DAW and stands up to anything out there today in terms of TRACKING and MIXING.

QUOTE (thefireball @ Oct 17 2015, 04:33 PM) *
Yeah this guy has a lot of great videos! I remember seeing this video whenever I was looking around for other DAWs. I realize I have a great workstation: Reaper. I have my own license and it does everything I need. Why switch? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 20 2015, 10:05 AM
GMC Founder
Yes indeed you need a strong reason to switch!

I did the switch from PC/cubase to Mac/logic pro. It was a lot of hard work but more than worth it - mostly because my stuff play very well together now so I can spend more time with the music.

However if you don't experience any problems, I'd say no point in switching - you definitely wont make better music just because you change software.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 20 2015, 12:29 PM
Switched from cubase to samplitude years ago, reason was on cubase 3 if the cpu hits more or around 80% the rendered wave sounded different from the one played while mixing and one can imagine how annoying it was.

By the way, reaper has pretty cool themes too though I haven't tested, here is a cubase theme; http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1588/Eyssina.zip

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 20 2015, 10:08 PM
I can't even get Pro Tools First to open. It just suit on the Splash screen doing nothing and if I put my cursor over it it says "not responding" sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 23 2015, 02:37 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 17 2015, 06:39 AM) *
If you are on a PC, I"d say get REAPER partly because it's a free download and very cheap to buy (50 bux or so) and because everyone else has a copy so it's easy to collaborate with folks smile.gif

If you have a MAC, GET LOGIC X!!! Simply because it's very easy to use, very powerful and has a HUGE library of content/midi/loops/virtual instruments etc. that comes with it. After you get logic, go get reaper so you will have a copy to work with folks using reaper. Reaper works on PC and MAC. In short, I'm saying buy a mac. smile.gif

Don't know why but the penny just dropped. I'm not thinking of a new DAW Todd;) In the title I meant "Are you thinking of a new DAW?" hence the question mark. It wasn't a statement that I am thinking of a new DAW wink.gif
Thanks for joining in anyway smile.gif
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2015, 09:48 PM
Did you plug in your ILOK key?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 20 2015, 05:08 PM) *
I can't even get Pro Tools First to open. It just suit on the Splash screen doing nothing and if I put my cursor over it it says "not responding" sad.gif

I was responding generally to anyone reading, so hopefully it was helpful to some degree smile.gif Happy to help!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 23 2015, 09:37 AM) *
Don't know why but the penny just dropped. I'm not thinking of a new DAW Todd;) In the title I meant "Are you thinking of a new DAW?" hence the question mark. It wasn't a statement that I am thinking of a new DAW wink.gif
Thanks for joining in anyway smile.gif
Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 23 2015, 09:49 PM
I haven't got one. I downloaded Pro Tools First because above this post you said earlier in this thread " I'd say go go grab PRO TOOLS FIRST just because it's FREE and it will let you get your hands dirty on PRO TOOLS which is still widely used." so I thought I'd try it tongue.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Arpeggio
Oct 23 2015, 10:21 PM
I got Cubase some years back and still use it. I chose it at the time because of what in my opinion is one of the most important things for a DAW to have; a decent instruction manual. Theirs seemed well written and laid out so I bought it mostly on the merit of that.

If I were to change DAW I would have to learn how to use something else, which might not be hard but I don't know that. Different from guitars I guess; most have 6 strings and you play them all generally the same way.

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2015, 11:35 AM
For FREE It's worth it! smile.gif Being able to be fluent in several daws is a very handy thing.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 23 2015, 04:49 PM) *
I haven't got one. I downloaded Pro Tools First because above this post you said earlier in this thread " I'd say go go grab PRO TOOLS FIRST just because it's FREE and it will let you get your hands dirty on PRO TOOLS which is still widely used." so I thought I'd try it tongue.gif

Cheers

DAWS have many things in common so once you get to know your first one, you are on your way to being ready for at least one more IMHO smile.gif I"d say grab reaper as there is sooooo much material online in vids/forums to help use it. Also maybe grab Pro Tools First because it's a free version of a daw that many pros still use

QUOTE (Arpeggio @ Oct 23 2015, 05:21 PM) *
I got Cubase some years back and still use it. I chose it at the time because of what in my opinion is one of the most important things for a DAW to have; a decent instruction manual. Theirs seemed well written and laid out so I bought it mostly on the merit of that.

If I were to change DAW I would have to learn how to use something else, which might not be hard but I don't know that. Different from guitars I guess; most have 6 strings and you play them all generally the same way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM