This Cheat Is Even Worse
Mertay
Dec 13 2019, 09:37 PM
GMC:er
We discussed speed-up video's, I just learned about this while learning reaper;

This is new so there isn't many video's, but I tried and its apply-able to sustaining notes too. Audio-stretch isn't something new, but it uses internal fade-in/outs and various algo's so they work best with drums or percussive sort of waves. I tried to fix an acoustic guitar arpeggio today and traditional stretch is very time consuming to get it right.

This worked really well and very fast, I think it manipulates the DAW playback speed without changing pitch (like super detailed metronome automation). So now not only people can play(back) super fast but will solo perfectly in time too laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2019, 12:32 AM
Really sounds clean. Doesn't adjust the pitch, only the speed. Get ready for more instagram fakes!!! smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 13 2019, 04:37 PM) *

This is new so there isn't many video's, but I tried and its apply-able to sustaining notes too. Audio-stretch isn't something new, but it uses internal fade-in/outs and various algo's so they work best with drums or percussive sort of waves. I tried to fix an acoustic guitar arpeggio today and traditional stretch is very time consuming to get it right.

This worked really well and very fast, I think it manipulates the DAW playback speed without changing pitch (like super detailed metronome automation). So now not only people can play(back) super fast but will solo perfectly in time too laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 21 2019, 08:54 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 13 2019, 12:37 PM) *

Similar to quantizing but maybe more advanced? I seem to remember doing something similar to this when trying to sequence keyboard parts to be played with a click track on a live performance later.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Dec 21 2019, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 21 2019, 10:38 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 21 2019, 07:54 PM) *
Similar to quantizing but maybe more advanced? I seem to remember doing something similar to this when trying to sequence keyboard parts to be played with a click track on a live performance later.

Same actually, the way applied is different I guess. I tried it a few times, sometime good but sometimes didn't work as I guess I didn't figure out fully yet.

There is also melodyne integration too in reaper (called ARA, basically opens as a plug-in) but I didn't try that, that islikely the most advanced method today but must be bought separate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 22 2019, 12:08 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 21 2019, 01:38 PM) *
Same actually, the way applied is different I guess. I tried it a few times, sometime good but sometimes didn't work as I guess I didn't figure out fully yet.

There is also melodyne integration too in reaper (called ARA, basically opens as a plug-in) but I didn't try that, that islikely the most advanced method today but must be bought separate.

Yeah, I thought so. We were using this little trick in our cover band almost 30 years ago. We had a sequencing keyboard/workstation that one could basically record tracks to be used to play along with later while playing live. None of us were really very good at keys so that quantize function was an easy and fast way to fix mistakes made in phrasing/timing while trying to sequence a track. There were a lot of bands using sequencing keyboards for one reason or another and you could also buy prerecorded tracks from others if you didn't want to make your own. Our reason for using a keyboard like this was so we didn't have to incorporate an additional band member and the rest of us could make a little more money and of course enable us to cover more songs.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Dec 22 2019, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 22 2019, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 21 2019, 11:08 PM) *

Atleast you guys did your best back then. I clearly remember noticing a few times in bar's a keyboardist would use a "disk" and fake playing all night biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 22 2019, 09:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 22 2019, 04:30 AM) *
Atleast you guys did your best back then. I clearly remember noticing a few times in bar's a keyboardist would use a "disk" and fake playing all night biggrin.gif

Haha! Yeah, I don't think any of us could have pulled that off with a straight face. If anyone in our band ever did that it would have been more like a comedy routine than actually trying to fake it. We just had a keyboard on stage with no-one behind it other than to bring up and start a sequence.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:38 AM