Scorpions Zoo Lesson, Diad's
Mike RR24
Mar 4 2012, 11:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Master Higgins is this Scorpions ZOO lesson in standard tuning? For some reason these diads seems a little challenging and I am unable to emulate the sound as far as the tuning. I'm not trying to match your amp per say cause I can't but that sound your getting on the first set of diads. Anyone else having a challenge with this? I've not played diads before and I'm used to playing exactly opposite for Bar chords...?? ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 5 2012, 10:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mike RR24 @ Mar 4 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Master Higgins is this Scorpions ZOO lesson in standard tuning? For some reason these diads seems a little challenging and I am unable to emulate the sound as far as the tuning. I'm not trying to match your amp per say cause I can't but that sound your getting on the first set of diads. Anyone else having a challenge with this? I've not played diads before and I'm used to playing exactly opposite for Bar chords...?? ohmy.gif

Hey Mike, yes it's all in standard.

Hmmm, I'm curious to know what you mean. Are you sure you've followed the exact notes in my video parts ? The chords themselves outline Am, G, F#m, Em. The finger on the on the A string is always higher than the finger on the D string (hence it being the other way around to playing a power chord as you said) and the note on the A string is always playing the root note of each diad, whilst the finger on the D string is always playing the 3rd.

When I play the diads, I just play those 2 strings before going back to the open E. The diads and the E string are never hit at the same time. smile.gif

Also, a little tip for sliding from shape to shape. On the 3rd repeat, where you have to slide all the way down to the lowest diad and back up again, as soon as you've played the shape, lift your fingers off of the chord slightly to stop the sound of it and this should reduce that scraping, scratchy sound when you shift chord shapes with distortion.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Mar 5 2012, 10:57 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:13 PM