> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 3 2013, 12:18 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 2 2013, 08:46 AM) *
Howdy man! Happy new year! I think you did a great job - there are slight slips, but overall it is obvious that you have practiced smile.gif You know what I'd do to become even better? I'd reduce the gain in the tone so that my technique would become deadlier biggrin.gif How does that sound?

Oh trust me I dislike the tone and sound more than you do. I felt like playing the Ibanez but the pickups are far from organic and clean. Also the Kemper I'm finding more and more options to change daily so it was all rushed. But I do want to get a nice thick rhythm sound and a warmer lead tone so I don't have gain all the way up maybe somewhere in the line of a 10'oclock and no more than 1'oclock. Also need to stop scooping all my mids out, which may help on thickening my tone.

Other than that I was ok with the playing since it was a "cold" run not as much warming up as I normally do. Just woke up after a great night of rest and felt the need to play an hour and tossed it up. See now comes the opposite normally I'm like hey but I and then but I! laugh.gif I feel the timing which I've gotten way better at in all honesty since I started getting mentored it's really sticking with showing progress. Even some normal songs I've started tossing a click track on for normal playing and practice. But now the bad, I want to clean that picking up a lot. It has some good time sunk in but I think it can be way better. I don't like my motions used I feel I use to much for what it is. I watch Ben or even John Petrucci both do it that way. I feel I can do better and should some how learn to not only relax more but... Whats the thinking... Oh! Less motion and movement so it is tighter, cleaner, and more relaxed. I know that more of a long term goal if you ask me but just something that I need to pay more attention to.

Still trying to do the Arpeggio Alt picking of Ben's I can do the right hand but the left hand the changes are still odd feeling. I can play stop move play, but it needs to be more fluid before I feel it's good enough to post.

I think I just wrote a memoir to myself of goals! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 09:21 AM
Instructor
Hehe! No man, you seem to observe yourself which is crucial for progress - you can't steer left or right if you got no clue where you're heading biggrin.gif

Well then, do you feel like we should bring up something new to the mix to keep things fresh, or should you take some more time to finish what you started first? smile.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 3 2013, 11:06 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 3 2013, 03:21 AM) *
Hehe! No man, you seem to observe yourself which is crucial for progress - you can't steer left or right if you got no clue where you're heading biggrin.gif

Well then, do you feel like we should bring up something new to the mix to keep things fresh, or should you take some more time to finish what you started first? smile.gif

Cosmin

Ain't no rest for the wicked! Bring on some more! If it's things such as my picking, it's not something that happens over night. I swear I almost pick different every time I play the guitar. I notice this after I practice a few hours in a day, it feels like I just let myself free. I play way better and I notice it has stayed with me longer and longer before it dies back down. Very weird feeling but I believe thats my body and soul telling me I'm on the right path.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 11:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jan 3 2013, 10:06 AM) *
Ain't no rest for the wicked! Bring on some more! If it's things such as my picking, it's not something that happens over night. I swear I almost pick different every time I play the guitar. I notice this after I practice a few hours in a day, it feels like I just let myself free. I play way better and I notice it has stayed with me longer and longer before it dies back down. Very weird feeling but I believe thats my body and soul telling me I'm on the right path.

It is indeed! smile.gif True words you speak here! I want to recommend a personal favorite!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Don't get scared! It's not difficult at all! What say you? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:53 AM