> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 2 2012, 12:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 04:20 AM) *
Hey Travis! I hear improvement of course and you're nearly there man! You tend to slouch a bit when shifting positions which is normal when you're training with legato at the beginning. Be more precise and in time when shifting the positions, k? One more? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

We could also go for some bending and vibrato in the mean time if you'd like wink.gif so that you won't grow bored biggrin.gif

Oh I'll try and give you another recording tomorrow or later today since I will have some free time. But sure go for throwing a new task at me sir! Will help break that monotonous feeling of a single lessons since its all I play when I have my guitar in my hands.

Will the legato help other aspects of playing? Because I'm seeing/hearing in my playing that if its even the slightest bit off it seems sloppy. Where as AP you can be a bit sloppy and it gets hard to spot out. And thanks for all the pushing my timing has been horrible for as long as I can remember. Feels good being on time! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Apr 2 2012, 12:50 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 2 2012, 05:29 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-05

Hudokin! So I did a few runs with Ben then did it against my old recording, I see what you mean, its tiny changes on certain sections so I hammered down on them slowly then did a few more runs with Ben, set up the DAW took a few loops and here she is! Also boosted the guitar up so its easier for me to even spot some changes. I hear one towards the end but the jump from to 15 I even got it without the slide sound! I am actually happy with this progress a simple slide less sound and I'm kinda giddy! Wanted to post an update back to playing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 06:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 2 2012, 04:29 PM) *
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-legato-01-05

Hudokin! So I did a few runs with Ben then did it against my old recording, I see what you mean, its tiny changes on certain sections so I hammered down on them slowly then did a few more runs with Ben, set up the DAW took a few loops and here she is! Also boosted the guitar up so its easier for me to even spot some changes. I hear one towards the end but the jump from to 15 I even got it without the slide sound! I am actually happy with this progress a simple slide less sound and I'm kinda giddy! Wanted to post an update back to playing!

Hey Travis biggrin.gif it's better and better man! Don't pump the gain up too much as I don't want you to lose focus on playing clean due to the fact that gain might cover some mistakes tongue.gif

Let's try the vibrato lesson k?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

I'm very curious to hear your vibrato in action smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 2 2012, 06:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Hey Travis biggrin.gif it's better and better man! Don't pump the gain up too much as I don't want you to lose focus on playing clean due to the fact that gain might cover some mistakes tongue.gif

Let's try the vibrato lesson k?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

I'm very curious to hear your vibrato in action smile.gif

Cosmin

Ever hear a cat get its tail stepped on? Then you've heard my vibrato! tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 2 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Ever hear a cat get its tail stepped on? Then you've heard my vibrato! tongue.gif

C'mon man, it can't be that bad biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 3 2012, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 02:59 PM) *
C'mon man, it can't be that bad biggrin.gif

Better than I thought!

But I also went out of my way and tried to watch and listen to people play the Skyrim Theme. And took a break from lessons and just jammed a bit. After that I just dabbled in reaper which isn't something I normally do.
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/game-01

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 7 2012, 12:43 AM
Took a few days break from intense lesson working, but I feel great.

I took a vacation day tomorrow from work since I'm going to have a crazy day, but extremely fun! Hanging out with a friend for the day, can't wait to jam a bit with him. Because I feel more confident playing in front of others which I think is because of you and pushing me to play with a camera/camcorder. Going to the local guitar shop, get some lunch, show him a few tips with Reaper, then head out to the big city for the Buckethead concert! biggrin.gif

But before he gets here I hope to do some crunching down with practice to be warmed up, I hope to get a good recording of the legato for REC. And I shall work the vibrato with a video also and see where that stands.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2012, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Ahoy there mate! Sounds like a very good plan to me wink.gif

As you will play more and more against backing tracks and in front of people, with other people and on recordings, you will become confident and precise wink.gif keep on doing a great job! I'm here to help so let's see the new vids biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 7 2012, 05:12 PM

Lets see where this sits, cut down movement and also gain as you said.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Hey Travis! Getting better, but still, there are some timing issues here and there! Give it some more time for the moment and focus on the vibrato one. We will get back to this one once you manage to bring the vibrato one up to level smile.gif

what say you

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 10 2012, 09:26 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato

*cringes* So I kinda avoided this.. Lol.. Guess I really need to work majorly on here... I'm going to break them down into sections. But I see a huge problem, on the --10~p8~-- I can't get it to ring at all do I need to add gain or? I'm in the air about that because I'm pulling off quite hard.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Apr 10 2012, 09:47 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate! You're close wink.gif just a bit more practice and you'll nail it, no need for more gain though, just for more so called 'roundness' on the vibrated notes smile.gif

No need for being shy, you're n the right track hombre wink.gif I think one more will do justice and we can move on!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 13 2012, 03:21 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-02

There we go another one finished. Sounds a bit more equal with the vibrato instead of just noise it sounds more uniform to me, but also the timing sounds a bit better also.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2012, 11:53 AM
Instructor
hey Travis! We are definitely making progress biggrin.gif There are some spots where you rushed and others where you were a bit slow - I would focus on evening things up by listening closely to the rhythm - so focus on working with the backing track a bit more and I think this should nail it!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 16 2012, 06:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 14 2012, 06:53 AM) *
hey Travis! We are definitely making progress biggrin.gif There are some spots where you rushed and others where you were a bit slow - I would focus on evening things up by listening closely to the rhythm - so focus on working with the backing track a bit more and I think this should nail it!

Cosmin

I'm super unhappy with this recording due to sound. I think my LP may end up getting racked and another guitar will come out. I can't get sustain from it for the life of me. But I shall post it anyways..

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-03

I did listen to it a few times thats how I came up with I'm unhappy with it, but on the bright side. I see what you mean about the vibrato not being rounded, I had a friend listen to me play it and he was like hes right. Told me to just play out some riffs get nice and loose and then give it a whirl. That helped but I see what you are talking about the sine wave basically of the vibrato isn't timed right its just whatever not a nice constant motion. I do think I hit that better on this video tho.

Secondly I have a question which will be rather easy for you to answer. I've been fiddling around with my guitar with say TV themes and stuff in movies and I got some this. I believe its also E-Standard Tuning.

------------
------------
-10--08--06-
-10--08--06-
-08--06--04-
-08--06--04-

I've had it in my head and made it out checked it with a video that I got it from but that third chord isn't right is it by some chance maybe?
----
----
-08-
-XX-
-06-
-04-

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Apr 16 2012, 06:52 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Wow maaan! biggrin.gif what a cool piece of music biggrin.gif the last chord is x468xx or 4468xx smile.gif never mistake the sound of an added 9th tongue.gif

Keep practicing the vibrato a bit more, but with this one now biggrin.gif I don't want you to get bored tongue.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/

let us try this one for size smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 17 2012, 09:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Wow maaan! biggrin.gif what a cool piece of music biggrin.gif the last chord is x468xx or 4468xx smile.gif never mistake the sound of an added 9th tongue.gif

Keep practicing the vibrato a bit more, but with this one now biggrin.gif I don't want you to get bored tongue.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-2/

let us try this one for size smile.gif

Cosmin

HA! I figured it out earlier by accident I missed the not and was like.. Wait a second! Lol and you stumbled upon Eric's video. Silly Cosmin

Gah not this type of vibrato... laugh.gif What is actually the best way to accomplish it, arm/wrist or the finger?

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 09:09 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif wrist mate! That's the secret tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 20 2012, 11:32 PM

I have not been ignoring this task tho it has been a few day post. It was extremely new to me this is after about 3 hours of practice time trying to get use to the circle aspect.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2012, 11:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 20 2012, 10:32 PM) *

I have not been ignoring this task tho it has been a few day post. It was extremely new to me this is after about 3 hours of practice time trying to get use to the circle aspect.

Hey Travis! This is looking REALLY good man! I mean, it's pretty round and defined, but please take care of the unwanted noise when you are hitting some other strings too biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:15 AM