3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
South Park Guitar Hero, made me laugh
symon
Nov 11 2007, 12:08 PM
GMC:er
hey guys this is pretty relevant to me have kids who play guitar hero bought one a guitar but would rather play guitar hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmFIXmshBew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 11 2007, 02:16 PM
QUOTE (symon @ Nov 11 2007, 05:08 AM) *
hey guys this is pretty relevant to me have kids who play guitar hero bought one a guitar but would rather play guitar hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmFIXmshBew

That is injustice to the highest degree.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 11 2007, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 11 2007, 05:16 AM) *
That is injustice to the highest degree.

but its so true. sad.gif

in a way a feel honored. I can do something not any average person can do. they have to simulate it through a video game. They have to pretend. I dont.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 11 2007, 03:36 PM
Lol, That was funny. But guitar isn't meant for everyone. People have other skills that they are way better and spend more time on then a real guitar. My mom bought us an early Christmas present. Guitar Hero 3 LOL. I play that with my sister and after about 5 mins I feel like playing my real guitar. That game is good motivation for me lol.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 11 2007, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Sad but true sad.gif

+Quote Post
symon
Nov 11 2007, 04:43 PM
in all honesty it is because of guitar hero i got back into guitar my eldest boy got it, and i had guitars stored at my mums that i hadnt even looked at for ten years i said to him would you like to learn he said yes so i bought him a guitar and amp and joined this site (now he just plays guitar hero lol) i wonder how many others it has inspired
warm regards symon

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 11 2007, 04:50 PM
Vaux lol gets me everytime!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Testament
Nov 11 2007, 05:27 PM
spiderusalem: that's a beautiful schecter, man.

well, i have to say that hands down, that is my absolute favorite episode of south park so far. maybe the only reason is because i know a TON of guys that literally think playing guitar hero is more impressive than playing real guitar... rolleyes.gif

though i have to say that it is simply a game, and most of the people i talk to about it know that. the going argument (i think) for when a musician suggests to a guitar hero player that they pick up a real guitar and learn how to play, is just that. we don't pick up a gun and go on a car jacking rampage after playing grand theft auto, or set off to become a world class professional racer after playing forza motorsport (that's a pretty poor comparison, but still).

at the end of the day, most people aren't willing to put in the time and dedication to learn to play sweet child of mine when they can just take 5 minutes and simulate it. gives us something to lord over them all the same, of course. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Testament: Nov 11 2007, 05:29 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 11 2007, 05:40 PM
...I really hate South Park...

But, unfortunately, this is kind of true, I think.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 11 2007, 05:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
I am a South Park FREAK !!!!! I watch it every day... how sad laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, this episode rocked! laugh.gif I actually thought Randy played well. Loved his "VAUX" just like mine laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 11 2007, 07:00 PM
QUOTE (Testament @ Nov 11 2007, 08:27 AM) *
spiderusalem: that's a beautiful schecter, man.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 11 2007, 07:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
Randy Marsh is my favorite south park character !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 11 2007, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 11 2007, 10:06 AM) *
Randy Marsh is my favorite south park character !! biggrin.gif

gotta go with cartman. he's a force of nature, sort of the counterbalance to all things good and right with the world. without the tension that he creates, life (at the very least, for him) isnt as fun.

kinda like my relationship with andrew. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 11 2007, 08:59 PM
Haha, I just saw the episode, excellent.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 11 2007, 09:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 06:13 PM) *
gotta go with cartman. he's a force of nature, sort of the counterbalance to all things good and right with the world. without the tension that he creates, life (at the very least, for him) isnt as fun.

Cartman had always been my favorite, but I think the makers have gone a bit overboard with the things he comes out with as of late.

I much prefered it when he was a bit suggestive and it was funny then! Now he just comes out with all sorts of profanitys and it just dosent seem so funny to me!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Nov 11 2007, 09:21 PM
yeah it is sad but true... if they spent all that time playing the real guitar... sad.gif

This post has been edited by ibanezkiller: Nov 11 2007, 09:22 PM

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 11 2007, 09:54 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 01:13 PM) *

Just as long as that doesn't make me Mr Garrison ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 11 2007, 10:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 11 2007, 08:54 PM) *
Just as long as that doesn't make me Mr Garrison ...

I hope not, "Mr" garrison is now "Mrs Garrison" blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 11 2007, 10:24 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 11 2007, 04:02 PM) *
I hope not, "Mr" garrison is now "Mrs Garrison" blink.gif

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that ! I'm a little behind on Southpark ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 11 2007, 10:28 PM
Is South Park actually on the telly in the UK anymore?

I've not seen it in ages... Everyone seems to download them. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:48 AM