2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Secret
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 3 2008, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
It did kinda change my life smile.gif

Not so much to make me a millionare or to make me reach Ultimate happiness, but enough to think twice before doing something wrong and to try to remain postive throughout most situations

Thanks for this biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 3 2008, 10:48 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 3 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Well, wich one do you think takes those hard opportunities that can make the difference? The person who only thinks about how he can fail, or the who thinks about how he can succeed. I'm not saying that the movie this thread is about is super good or anything, just that people who seriously think it's better to think that they'll probnably fail with something will probably do it because of the thinking. That's not any hocus pokus or anything, it's just common sense, and I think this movie is trying to sell that common sense in a "hotter" way, but that doesn't make the point any worse.

I agree,and thats called optimism.smile.gif Not "the Secret" smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jun 4 2008, 12:13 PM
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Jun 3 2008, 09:58 PM) *
That sums up the thread for me smile.gif

Just be friends and everyone believe what you like.

If I thought that the moon was made of cheese then I'd be thankful if someone explained that I was wrong, leaving me in my ignorance would be unkind unsure.gif

However, GMC is hardly the place to do this so you have my permission to believe that the moon is made of cheese and that the secret is true smile.gif

Nemanja is 100% spot on about optimism being confused with the secret.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 4 2008, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Jun 4 2008, 01:13 PM) *
If I thought that the moon was made of cheese then I'd be thankful if someone explained that I was wrong, leaving me in my ignorance would be unkind unsure.gif

However, GMC is hardly the place to do this so you have my permission to believe that the moon is made of cheese and that the secret is true smile.gif

Nemanja is 100% spot on about optimism being confused with the secret.

lol, this is probably the most arrogant thing I've ever read on gmc. Not saying that you're wrong though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2008, 10:51 PM
Instructor
i saw the movie, works for me.
point is that you believe in it to make it possible.

see u!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 5 2008, 01:01 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I agree with Nemanja - optimism, or even positive thinking will make a difference in your life, but the change is in you not in the universe. There is no need to invoke any kind of pseudo-science to explain this effect. Norman Vincent Peale wrote about this 50 years ago in a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking" - The Secret seems to be a recycling of that with some mumbo-jumbo added. Its not the mumbo jumbo that matters, its the positive thinking, your attitude to life.

EDIT : Haven't read Peale's book yet, think I'll stick it on my Kindle today smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:12 AM