Requesting 'money For Nothing'
sammy123
Jan 21 2013, 04:01 PM
GMC:er
Requesting a song lesson for the Dire Straits song - 'Money For Nothing'. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
sammetal92
Jan 21 2013, 04:16 PM
I don't think GMC instructors teach any songs because of copyright issues, I read that somewhere around here.

EDIT: Well, they do teach SOME songs, I don't know. I saw lessons on some songs, but I read that there are copyright issues in teaching full songs here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jan 21 2013, 04:21 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 21 2013, 09:14 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
This one by Muris is pretty true to that style of playing, though note-for-note it's not the same song...
Mark Knopfler Style Lesson II

I did a REC of that lesson some time back...
My REC Take

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 21 2013, 10:45 PM
Hey James, Thats a really good take that you did on that song.
"We gotta install microwave oven , custom kitchen delivereaeaeaaay"

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammy123
Jan 21 2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I think the Mark Knopfler style lesson by Muris is pretty close. Thanks for pointing this out.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 11:30 PM
Instructor
As Sam said, we are not doing lessons based on famous songs but let us know if you need some help with that Muris lesson and Mark's technique.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 23 2013, 06:21 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 21 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Hey James, Thats a really good take that you did on that song.
"We gotta install microwave oven , custom kitchen delivereaeaeaaay"

"We got to move these refrigerators. We got to move these color TVeeeeeezzzzz." biggrin.gif

I got to thinking about when we covered this tune a long time ago. So I thought I should record it to see what it might of sounded like. So here's a youtube vid. I learned it back then by ear. We must have played it so many times that I can still remember exactly how I used to do it. You can get away with the solo stuff by playing G minor pentatonic at the 3rd fret/position. You could probably find accurate tabs out on the web somewhere. For this take, I panned my guitar to the left and the backing is full right...

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jan 23 2013, 06:22 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:17 PM