Lessons To Improve Accuracy?
wooderson
Jun 26 2009, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
Just signed up for guitarmasterclass a couple days ago. I am just getting back into playing after a few years hiatus. I really never practiced seriously when I played before just learned riffs and never really progressed, always missing notes. This time I am serious about practicing smart and improving.

Now that I have been back playing for a couple months and my strength built back up in my fingers I find that I still miss notes on things I have played hundreds of times. I have been using the first position of the g major scale working with a metronome slowly building speed. Also have been doing other finger exercises using alternate picking as well. Such as the finger independance lessons here.

My question is if there is a lesson or advice anyone can point me to on how to improve my accuracy or am I just rushing things and it will come with time. I just get frustrated when I miss notes even at slower speeds on something I have played many many times.

Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
MickeM
Jun 26 2009, 07:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Play things like this over and over and over and over
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-marcus-siepen/

It's not just warming up but also improves your accuracy !!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 26 2009, 08:10 PM
Instructor
Every single lesson (or anything that you REALLY practice)
will help you with accuracy more or less.
In other words, it takes time and lot of hard work. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jun 26 2009, 08:58 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Find some lessons that you like the sound/style of for sure. Start with the ones that are achieveable at your current level. Then after you nail those lessons search for more that are to your liking and that offer challenge to improve. I think this is the best way to "enjoy the journey" so to speak. When I just started out here, I memorized a couple of level 9's but am nowhere near able to master them. I still practice them often, but to enjoy practice, and for me, I like the sense of accomplishment I get when I can really play the lesson well. You will notice a measureable improvement from month to month that way. No matter, what, have fun, and welcome to GMC. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2009, 11:10 PM
Instructor
As with all other things just be patient and don't rush things. Try to keep it clean and precise, the speed is something that happens on it's own with time. You cannot rush it, you can only practice more and more.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 27 2009, 05:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You can also check out this series from Danilo :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation1/

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:26 PM