So...this Is How Metalcore / Death Metal Bands Rehearse?
Gitarrero
Jan 7 2012, 09:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey guys,
I found this very interesting clip on youtube today. It features an online rehearsal of one of my favourite Metalcore / Death Metal bands Heaven Shall Burn. Quite interesting to hear them without any effects...and also funny to see that a metalcore singer has a Tokio Hotel Poster on his wall! Though I suspect they were kinda making fun of themselves...talked to them after a show and they are really cool and funny. Their eastern german dialect is kinda hard to bear, though laugh.gif

Did anyone of you ever practiced like this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
These guys aren't doing it in real-time, it's impossible for now, but I practiced like this with previous band. I had this idea quite some time in my head, only when drummer said he's getting electronic drum kit (and after acquiring a mixer, effect unit for vocals, and small 4 channel preamp for headphones) it was possible wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 7 2012, 09:41 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2012, 04:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 7 2012, 05:41 PM) *
These guys aren't doing it in real-time, it's impossible for now, but I practiced like this with previous band. I had this idea quite some time in my head, only when drummer said he's getting electronic drum kit (and after acquiring a mixer, effect unit for vocals, and small 4 channel preamp for headphones) it was possible wink.gif

Isn't this possible? I hope that this can be possible soon! It would be amazing... we could have some GMC bands with members from different parts of the world.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2012, 11:39 AM
Instructor
It can have upsides and downsides smile.gif

There's NOTHING like a rehearsal where you get to see/ hear/ feel the team mates smile.gif although you can save a lot of time if you are not supposed to move to the rehearsing place.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 8 2012, 11:56 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
As I suspected, these guys were just making fun of themselves laugh.gif
I watched the entire Bonus footage of their DVD "Bildersturm" now, it is a 70 minutes documentary about the band and it is completely fake, though they are acting totally serious. It only gets revealed in the outtakes wink.gif
Still, a band practice like this would be kinda cool smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor
It would be great, but it's very difficult because the nature if the internet protocols, you will always have some latency with consumer networks. Dedicated channels improve this a bit, so if all band members are geeks with ability to create servers and drop some lines of code, then it could possible be doable with some low bitrates.

Like Cosmin said, it's great for rehearsing, and you hear produced sound (drums specially, because it's already compressed and with reverb and all), but dynamics is very shallow, and the overall sound is very "stiff". Before playing live, it's better to do couple of good ol' studio rehearsals (or you will loose condition hehe biggrin.gif ).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:22 PM