Travelling Nerves ?
Ben Higgins
May 4 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys, I've got to go away for 3 days next weekend (again, it's Karate related). I'm travelling alone, staying with guys I don't know etc. Years ago this would have frightened the hell out of me but these days I don't worry about new situations quite as much.

I used to get bad home sickness when I was small. As I got older, the home sickness vanished but was replaced by a habit of getting cold or flu symptoms just before going away, or whilst I was away. I eventually realised they were psychological and it doesn't bother me these days. Does anyone / did anyone ever get weird physical reactions to going away on a trip or anything like that ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 7 2012, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! I hope that you have a really good time! Regarding the topic I have experienced nervous before a journey and sometimes I couldn't sleep the night before, but I have never become sick because of it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 7 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 7 2012, 06:38 PM) *
Cool mate! I hope that you have a really good time! Regarding the topic I have experienced nervous before a journey and sometimes I couldn't sleep the night before, but I have never become sick because of it.

Thanks Gab smile.gif

Yeah, it's strange how our personal worries or insecurities can have physical manifestations. They say that physchological issues have to find a way out in a physical form.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 7 2012, 07:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I just love travelling, seeing new places, meeting new people. I rarely feel homesick. I'm one of these people that basically like it everywhere in the world (as far as I can judge wink.gif ).

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: May 7 2012, 07:14 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 8 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 7 2012, 07:13 PM) *
I just love travelling, seeing new places, meeting new people. I rarely feel homesick. I'm one of these people that basically like it everywhere in the world (as far as I can judge wink.gif ).

Yeah I love going to new places. I think it depends what I'm doing. If it's a trip, then it's allll easy. If I've got to do something out of the ordinary then that's when I get a bit nervous wink.gif

When me and Cosmin come down to your place in Rottweil it will all be good biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 8 2012, 04:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Anytime Ben, anytime laugh.gif

Though I have to warn you: I don't drink coffee and don't have a coffee machine. When two buddies visited me for a weekend on my birthday (whom I knew were total coffee junkies) they we're like "yeah, no problem...two days without coffee is okay." 4 hours after their arrival we went to the city to sit and chat in a nice café laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 8 2012, 06:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 8 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Anytime Ben, anytime laugh.gif

Though I have to warn you: I don't drink coffee and don't have a coffee machine. When two buddies visited me for a weekend on my birthday (whom I knew were total coffee junkies) they we're like "yeah, no problem...two days without coffee is okay." 4 hours after their arrival we went to the city to sit and chat in a nice café laugh.gif

No coffee ?

You and your ways disgust me !

Just kidding ! laugh.gif

It's a good excuse to check out some cafe action in the Stadt ! cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:20 AM