6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Dieterle's Bootcamp, Two Picks Enter, One Pick Leaves!!
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2013, 07:18 PM
GMC:er
BONUS MISSIONS:

Soldier!! I want you to dig deep and try a few death defying missions!

1.)Pick your favorite 10 Guitar Songs. List them 1-10. Get an Mp3 version of song 1. Learn the song ENTIRELY BY EAR.
2.)Share your results in a video in this thread.

This will help you work on your ear training and allow you to dig in to music you love. Go for it soldier!!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 13 2013, 09:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Todd !

There are many songs i do like but i started to list 10 of course , even there are so many songs i might just not remember right

huh.gif now .

1. is Jimi Hendrix Angel

it will take some time until record smile.gif

Thank you !

DIETER

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 17 2013, 06:24 AM
Lick 12 a bit slower smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 17 2013, 07:12 AM
No worries smile.gif you can play along with the track and even use your web cam if that works. If you have a small guitar amp, you can use that and play the song over any playback system. Then just record via web cam. You don't have to do it all at once. If you figure out a piece of the song, record just that piece smile.gif

This is MUCH MUCH Better Soldier!!!! I want to push your ability a bit farther here. Try the same thing, slower if needed, with DOUBLE PICKING. So pick every note twice and you will nail your next MISSION BADGE!!!!! Great progress on this one!!

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Aug 17 2013, 01:24 AM) *
Lick 12 a bit slower smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2013, 09:43 AM
Hello Todd , her Lick 12 Twice !

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 05:46 PM
Nice Mission Soldier!!! Your fighting skills are improving at each turn. smile.gif I have noticed your hand position might be getting in your way a bit. Your thumb is coming over the top of the guitar which reduces the amount of reach/stretch your fingers are able to do. When playing below the 12th fret, try to keep your thumb planted dead center on the guitar neck. It will give your fingers better reach! smile.gif

Let's Debrief!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)GoodClean Strikes
2.)Double Pick
3.)Tightened up timing
In short you just.....

!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!

Keep it up Soldier you are on a roll!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2013, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 21 2013, 04:28 PM
Lick 13 cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 05:50 AM
Soldier your really gaining ground!! I have to put the brakes on this mission to focus a bit on your left hand. Your speed here is good!! But you may need to slow down just a bit. Let's focus on your right hand.

1.)Try to put your left thumb in the middle of the neck and keep it there and reach with your PINKY to hit the far notes.

2.)Try to keep your hand centered and not let it move to hit the note but instead make the fingers do the work. I"ll record a short vid to demonstrate smile.gif

Here is a video demo. Watch my left hand. See now I keep it in one position and let the fingers do the work? See if you can try it similar to this smile.gif Also, is your guitar difficult to press the strings? Some guitars are tough to play this type of thing on.

SOME TIPS!
1.)Make sure to sit in proper "Classical Position" with your guitar in between your legs.
2.)Put your left foot up on something like a stack of books.
3.)Increase the angle of the guitar neck, bring the head stock towards the ceiling a bit.
4.)Don't let your thumb creep over the top of the neck. Keep it in the middle of the neck.

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 21 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Lick 13 cool.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 25 2013, 09:00 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 25 2013, 09:56 AM
Thank YOU, TODD !

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 25 2013, 06:50 AM) *
Soldier your really gaining ground!! I have to put the brakes on this mission to focus a bit on your left hand. Your speed here is good!! But you may need to slow down just a bit. Let's focus on your right hand.

1.)Try to put your left thumb in the middle of the neck and keep it there and reach with your PINKY to hit the far notes.

2.)Try to keep your hand centered and not let it move to hit the note but instead make the fingers do the work. I"ll record a short vid to demonstrate smile.gif

Here is a video demo. Watch my left hand. See now I keep it in one position and let the fingers do the work? See if you can try it similar to this smile.gif Also, is your guitar difficult to press the strings? Some guitars are tough to play this type of thing on.

SOME TIPS!
1.)Make sure to sit in proper "Classical Position" with your guitar in between your legs.
2.)Put your left foot up on something like a stack of books.
3.)Increase the angle of the guitar neck, bring the head stock towards the ceiling a bit.
4.)Don't let your thumb creep over the top of the neck. Keep it in the middle of the neck.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 26 2013, 09:43 AM
Hello Todd!

Here a record 160 bpm twice pick and concentrating more on left hand laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Sep 26 2013, 12:41 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 26 2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry i delete the movie vid in a mistake !!!

Have to do a new record later huh.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 26 2013, 08:24 PM

So here, Todd the right video on Facebook !

Dieter

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=210666...video_processed

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 26 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Sorry i delete the movie vid in a mistake !!!

Have to do a new record later huh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2013, 03:09 AM
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Soldier, I don't this this method will work for us sad.gif You can post to youtube and simply select UNLISTED and this will make the video not show up for people unless they have the link. So only folks you share the link with will have it. Make sense?

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 26 2013, 03:24 PM) *
So here, Todd the right video on Facebook !

Dieter

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=210666...video_processed

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 27 2013, 06:40 PM
Hello Todd !

Here a youtube vid ( unlisted ) hope it works well .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2013, 06:13 AM
You are getting closer!! Remember in our SATURDAY VID chat, we gave some examples about using your fingers instead of moving your hand back and forth to reach notes? And about putting your thumb in the middle of the neck? Slow the speed down as much as you need to and try to use your fingers to reach the notes. Your making progress!! Keep at it!!

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 27 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Hello Todd !

Here a youtube vid ( unlisted ) hope it works well .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 2 2013, 07:07 AM
Hello Todd !

Yes i recognized the different when leaving thumb in middle of the neck and using more my fingers !

I do exercise more slow but getting daily more used to it and it is as you said ,, ZEN " too , real relaxing smile.gif

Too i try to work with less hand and finger pressure and getting more into feeling !

The next days i only exercise this new technic with lick 13 and some pentatonic exercise 3-to 4 times a day half an hour

and than relaxing my hand because i feel the load in my hand and arm , so have to be a bit careful.

Too i stopped every exercising with other stuff because i will get my hand and fingers under control / compared with my

breathing before i go on with exercising, lessons or collaboration , own stuff and so on ........

Actually, just right now , i am starting as a BEGINNER guitarist from the ground cool.gif

Thank you for INSPIRATION and ALL THE BEST !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 2 2013, 10:02 PM
Hello Todd !

Her a new record of Lick 13 it feels more comfortable now for me but still have some fight with the big stretching part up to

thick E A D string tongue.gif but will getting better soon 1

Dieter

her my link for Video on Vimeo !

https://vimeo.com/75997780

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 03:53 AM

MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

I have a suggestion to make this lick a bit easier.

1.)Move the entire drill up two frets.
This will make the stretch easier to reach without moving your hand.
2.)Practice the drill using only your right hand. Forget picking for a few times.
Just place your fingers one at a time.

You are making GREAT progress!!

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 2 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Hello Todd !

Her a new record of Lick 13 it feels more comfortable now for me but still have some fight with the big stretching part up to

thick E A D string tongue.gif but will getting better soon 1

Dieter

her my link for Video on Vimeo !

https://vimeo.com/75997780

Happy to help!! smile.gif It sounds like you are making very good progress! Keep it up and take it slow. There is no rush smile.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 2 2013, 02:07 AM) *
Hello Todd !

Yes i recognized the different when leaving thumb in middle of the neck and using more my fingers !

I do exercise more slow but getting daily more used to it and it is as you said ,, ZEN " too , real relaxing smile.gif

Too i try to work with less hand and finger pressure and getting more into feeling !

The next days i only exercise this new technic with lick 13 and some pentatonic exercise 3-to 4 times a day half an hour

and than relaxing my hand because i feel the load in my hand and arm , so have to be a bit careful.

Too i stopped every exercising with other stuff because i will get my hand and fingers under control / compared with my

breathing before i go on with exercising, lessons or collaboration , own stuff and so on ........

Actually, just right now , i am starting as a BEGINNER guitarist from the ground cool.gif

Thank you for INSPIRATION and ALL THE BEST !

Dieter

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 5 2013, 03:54 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 15 2013, 09:49 AM
Ok , Todd ,here it is !

Now i can play it more comfortable ( from my view/ feel ) and without any pain smile.gif .

I do exercise in higher speed too but this will take much more time until i reach one day 200 bpm laugh.gif and it feels comfortable

with it wink.gif

Lick 13

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2013, 06:13 AM
Well fought Soldier!!! This is MUCH better! You are getting a good handle on the hand movements and position!!!!

Let's Debrief!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Good righ hand, left hand synchronization
2.)Much Improved left hand placement and position
3.)Tightened up timing

In short you just.....

!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!

Keep up this momentum Soldier!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 15 2013, 04:49 AM) *
Ok , Todd ,here it is !

Now i can play it more comfortable ( from my view/ feel ) and without any pain smile.gif .

I do exercise in higher speed too but this will take much more time until i reach one day 200 bpm laugh.gif and it feels comfortable

with it wink.gif

Lick 13

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:16 PM