Don't Cry Solo, by Guns'N Roses
quadrium
Jun 14 2011, 06:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Here is me playing Guns'N Roses' Don't Cry Solo. Hope you like it and waiting your comments smile.gif

Dogukan,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
zen
Jun 15 2011, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey man, I think your guitar is out of tune. Also watch the bends. Good flow though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2011, 10:53 PM
GMC:er
Well done! Some very dextrous playing there! As was mentioned in the previous post, there does seem to be a tuning issue but it could be your intonation as well, or both. Did you tune right before recording? If so, your guitar needs to be "setup" by a pro who can do the intonation properly. This one change can make or break a guitar. I know it must be getting annoying hereing "it's out of tune" all the time, so I'm sorry for that. I know you really just want to know how you played and such. For a lot of folks, the tuning bit gets in the way of being able to hear how well you did or didn't play the bit. For me, it's much harder to focus on whats being playing when my ear keeps picking up tuning issues. Then again, some folks are bothered by it at all.

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 16 2011, 12:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Tuning does get in the way for a feedback on how well a piece is played or not played. And it really can get annoying to a get feedback on it as well. We've all been through it and eventually thanked people who took notice of it. There was a time when i was shocked to hear that my guitar had intonation issues as well but it all settled in nice and well later on. If it wasn't for those people telling me to fix it, i would still be playing a badly tuned instrument without knowing it... Ask Maharzan how much I traumatized him on the intonation of his old guitar.

The intention is to help you rather than post sugarcoated politically correct opinions, which will be more damaging to your guitar progress in the long run.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 16 2011, 07:53 AM) *
Then again, some folks are bothered by it at all.

I'm not bothered by it all, if that was hinted towards me.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 16 2011, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 14 2011, 12:19 PM) *
Hey guys,

Here is me playing Guns'N Roses' Don't Cry Solo. Hope you like it and waiting your comments smile.gif

Dogukan,

You will absolutely love the positive feedback you'll get after you take the time to tune that guitar more carefully. Seriously, you will have all kinds of girls flinging themselves at you if you'd just tune that instrument.

Ditto what Zen said about the pitch of each bend.

Timing sounded good.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 16 2011, 02:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Thanks for comments smile.gif I tuned my guitar before get into recording but now i am sure that my guitar has some serious intonation problems. I will go and get it fixed today smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 8 2011, 08:26 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good, although I think you need to work a bit more on those bends, and as you said - fixing intonation on the guitar (try at least to tune to position where you play the solo, it might sound better).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:58 PM