Eric Johnson Clip
Patrik81
Nov 25 2008, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htobScsOB70

Is there any lesson where i can learn what he's doing at 0.34 and 1.45, it's too fast for me to hear what to play, i know it's probably just alternate picking, i can't find anything like this in the Eric Johnson lessons here on GMC.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Patrik81: Nov 25 2008, 02:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 25 2008, 03:24 PM
Check Extreme Neo Classic and String Skipping 1-2 By Muris Varajic biggrin.gif biggrin.gif but surely it wouldn`t be easy biggrin.gif and this one too some simple licks biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Nov 25 2008, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post
Patrik81
Nov 25 2008, 03:38 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Nov 25 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Check Extreme Neo Classic and String Skipping 1-2 By Muris Varajic biggrin.gif biggrin.gif but surely it wouldn`t be easy biggrin.gif and this one too some simple licks biggrin.gif

ok thx , Muris lesson is really good as usual but Rusty Cooley is just awful, how can that guy be famous? that's torture to my ears.

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 25 2008, 03:41 PM
Actually he`s not very famous smile.gif

+Quote Post
FrankW
Nov 29 2008, 07:21 AM
I would recommend buying that Eric Johnson instructional video if possible. Eric is a true original that does alot more than just play fast. It's what he plays at speed, and how it sounds, that is just incredible.

I know that's not what you meant, but after just watching that little 2 minute video myself, I was completely knocked out, again, by how toneful Eric is. His chord progressions are beautiful, his lead runs are pentatonic masterpieces, and the only other player, in my opinion, that plays with that kind of unbelievable tone is Andy Timmons, who happens to be a big fan of Erics' for all of the above-mentioned.

Every time I watch and listen to Eric Johnson, I am knocked out by how soulful his playing is. The guy is one of the best there is, no doubt.

To play some of his runs would be quite an accomplishment. To have the vibe of an Eric Johnson or an Andy Timmons would be something else entirely. There aren't too many guitar players that can combine soul, technique, and tone like them.

Every time I turn around, I see an incredibly fast guitar player. They're everywhere. But, there aren't that many guitar players that have their own voice, which includes the speed, technique, tone, and most important, musicality. That is a hard thing to accomplish, let alone master. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik81
Nov 30 2008, 11:11 AM
QUOTE (FrankW @ Nov 29 2008, 07:21 AM) *
I would recommend buying that Eric Johnson instructional video if possible. Eric is a true original that does alot more than just play fast. It's what he plays at speed, and how it sounds, that is just incredible.

I know that's not what you meant, but after just watching that little 2 minute video myself, I was completely knocked out, again, by how toneful Eric is. His chord progressions are beautiful, his lead runs are pentatonic masterpieces, and the only other player, in my opinion, that plays with that kind of unbelievable tone is Andy Timmons, who happens to be a big fan of Erics' for all of the above-mentioned.

Every time I watch and listen to Eric Johnson, I am knocked out by how soulful his playing is. The guy is one of the best there is, no doubt.

To play some of his runs would be quite an accomplishment. To have the vibe of an Eric Johnson or an Andy Timmons would be something else entirely. There aren't too many guitar players that can combine soul, technique, and tone like them.

Every time I turn around, I see an incredibly fast guitar player. They're everywhere. But, there aren't that many guitar players that have their own voice, which includes the speed, technique, tone, and most important, musicality. That is a hard thing to accomplish, let alone master. smile.gif

I agree and i will buy that video, I had never heard Andy timmons before but now i have a new song i must learn - Electric gypsy smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:38 PM